Author Topic: Trump delays ICE raids two weeks to see if Congress can 'work out a solution'  (Read 6497 times)

Online libertybele

He looks weak and indecisive especially coming after his backing down on Iran

Yes he does look weak and indecisive.  He continues to backpedal on just about everything.  He's backed down on Iran; I can't help but wander what Russia and N. Korea and China are now thinking ... "this guys is full of b.s.".  How can they take him seriously now?

Certainly his flip-flopping is making news around the globe.  If people in his own country can't count on him to say what he does, how can any country put any stock in what he says?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

I'm withholding judgement, but these are court ordered deportations, I don't see why he would stop them. Does
he even have the authority to stop them?

Offline Absalom

---------------------------------
Heraclitus asserted that character was destiny; now consider Trump's character.
In effect, he was a Viet-nam draft dodger whose landlord old man Fred, got a tenant Podiatrist
to diagnose Donald w/bone spurs which got him re-classified into the absolutely lowest risk category for being drafted. This was confirmed in writing by the daughter of the Doctor, now deceased, who was her father's Office Secretary/PA. So much for Trump's character.
Prediction: By convention time, if Trump is still in office, delegates will be screaming for his replacement.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 12:33:41 am by Absalom »

Online libertybele

I'm withholding judgement, but these are court ordered deportations, I don't see why he would stop them. Does
he even have the authority to stop them?

From my understanding those court ordered deportations have been conveniently ignored for quite some time.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

In effect, he was a Viet-nam draft dodger whose landlord old man Fred, got a tenant Podiatrist
to diagnose Donald w/bone spurs which got him re-classified into the absolutely lowest risk category for being drafted. This was confirmed in writing by the daughter of the Doctor, now deceased, who was her father's Office Secretary/PA. So much for Trump's character.
Prediction: By convention time, it Trump is still in office, delegates will be screaming for his replacement.

The last time that happened Manafort cut off the microphones.   /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Prediction: By convention time, it Trump is still in office, delegates will be screaming for his replacement.

That's just it.  The RNC and 'powers that be' quickly got Trump's nomination through without the final votes from the delegates. 
Secondly, who is going to replace him?  No one is challenging him. 

At this point Trump is hoping for impeachment because he feels it would guarantee is victory.  Even if he was impeached, that leaves Pence who has done a marvelous job at praising his boss.  I don't trust Pence, and never have.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes he does look weak and indecisive.  He continues to backpedal on just about everything.  He's backed down on Iran; I can't help but wander what Russia and N. Korea and China are now thinking ... "this guys is full of b.s.".  How can they take him seriously now?

Certainly his flip-flopping is making news around the globe.  If people in his own country can't count on him to say what he does, how can any country put any stock in what he says?

Asked if there would be a strike on Iran, he said something like "wait and see".  Unbelievable that some people would be so critical, they sound like they'd want a bloody and quite possibly, irresponsible war that would kill many including Americans.

Online libertybele

Asked if there would be a strike on Iran, he said something like "wait and see".  Unbelievable that some people would be so critical, they sound like they'd want a bloody and quite possibly, irresponsible war that would kill many including Americans.

Oh good grief!  No on wants blood on their hands and certainly none of us want a President that opens his mouth and threatens without following through.  He approved the strike(s) so, it was more than a wait and see!!  If he thought that there would be any hesitation on his part he shouldn't have opened his mouth period.

Offline TomSea

2 weeks, maybe he feels like he has to make an implicit threat to get things done. Yes, I'm sure our system needs to pick up these people to begin with. Well, ICE is in the news fairly frequently for picking up various personas.

Online libertybele

2 weeks, maybe he feels like he has to make an implicit threat to get things done. Yes, I'm sure our system needs to pick up these people to begin with. Well, ICE is in the news fairly frequently for picking up various personas.

??? So by your logic, he needs to make another threat because he really didn't mean the first threat or the first threat wasn't good enough??

Offline bilo

I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border,'" Trump said on Twitter Saturday. "If not, Deportations start!"...

Whether they come up with a solution isn’t relevant. There are illegals that still need to be deported. Almost sounds like he’s open to amnesty.

They are also political pawns to be manipulated to one sides advantage. If the Rats care about them prove it!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I don't have a problem with playing negotiating games. They often work. I didn't have a problem with his refusing to bomb Iran because they destroyed some of our hardware.

But I DO have a BIG problem with him using a no-brainer like deporting people who have disregarded a judges order to leave as a bargaining chip. They, at the very least, need to GO no if ands or buts.

I agree.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

??? So by your logic, he needs to make another threat because he really didn't mean the first threat or the first threat wasn't good enough??

Nobody said anything about not meaning anything.

Sometimes you have to use threatening language to get things done like a parent telling a child "If you don't clean your room, I will".

It's just a 2 week extension.

Online libertybele

Nobody said anything about not meaning anything.

Sometimes you have to use threatening language to get things done like a parent telling a child "If you don't clean your room, I will".

It's just a 2 week extension.

Not the point.  The point is Trump, especially as of late, continues to backpedal on every supposed threat or deal that he makes.

Offline bilo

I guess TBR is the anti-Trump home page. It seems like he can't do anything right.

I'm looking at his record and it's pretty good, especially when you look at how few allies he's really had.

I love this move on the deportations. If the Rats don't step up an negotiate people get tossed out. If the Rats do negotiate more people are not allowed in. Either way Trump and the Pubs win. Also, it doesn't hurt Trump with Hispanic Americans or African Americans.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline TomSea

I guess TBR is the anti-Trump home page. It seems like he can't do anything right.

I'm looking at his record and it's pretty good, especially when you look at how few allies he's really had.

I love this move on the deportations. If the Rats don't step up an negotiate people get tossed out. If the Rats do negotiate more people are not allowed in. Either way Trump and the Pubs win. Also, it doesn't hurt Trump with Hispanic Americans or African Americans.

:thumbsup:

2 weeks isn't much time, as commented elsewhere, our government is more efficient in red tape.

Maybe this is saying, "if you don't fix it, then, here goes".

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Just the other day another poster claimed that TBR was a Trump site....I can't win for losing.

It is neither..it is a conservative political/news site where you are free to criticize or praise political leaders
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

PLEASE, please let me know what he IS currently doing with the situation at the border that is right.  I am serious.  I want a glimmer of hope here.

Online libertybele

Just the other day another poster claimed that TBR was a Trump site....I can't win for losing.

It is neither..it is a conservative political/news site where you are free to criticize or praise political leaders

Most of us realize that.  Accusations are thrown at other posters when all else fails.  Just sayin'.

BTW  I appreciate this forum, BIGLY!

Offline TomSea

Not the point.  The point is Trump, especially as of late, continues to backpedal on every supposed threat or deal that he makes.

:bsflag:

This statement deserves this. Waffle, backpedal? Worked with Mexico,

Bluffed with Iran? We do not seem to be at heightened tensions right now.

This is the only "waffling" I've seen recently and it has worked.

-------

BTW, war with Iran, the loss of human life is bad enough but I was listening to some show, talk about money spent, we've had Iraq and Afghanistan, Iran would really be costly, most of the population probably has some sympathies with the West as well.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 12:18:53 am by TomSea »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Ok, says Trump was gonna target 2000 families.... What is that? About a day or two's amount of illegals that cross the border. Good grief.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is all we heard for two weeks and now we learn it was just a bargaining chip...I feel sorry for ICE being used like this.

This just strengthens the Dems resolve to resist any kind of immigration reform...much less money for a wall.

AOC is all over Twitter today telling people how to help illegals avoid detention and what the illegals should do if ICE comes to deport them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Ok, says Trump was gonna target 2000 families.... What is that? About a day or two's amount of illegals that cross the border. Good grief.

On some days that's just the amount in a couple of hours.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Absalom

---------------------------------------
Hmm....................love his record???
Er.........................what record is that???
Oops........... ........I forgot, it's denuclearized NK, Venezuelan stability and that Chinese deal.
And best of all.......his spending restraint.
What's not to love????

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

What would be an "art of the deal" negotiation would be to simply start the deportations and have Nancy get in touch after "millions" are being deported.  Then maybe she will be ready to secure the border.

Yep... negotiate from power.. not the other way around.  When no teeth marks are left to show you have bit, nobody listens... It is all talk and no action.... a dog and pony show for the weak minded voting public.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 12:56:58 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....