Author Topic: Are Suppressors Next? Trump: ‘I Don’t Like Them At All’  (Read 2351 times)

Online roamer_1

Well, that person, supposed to be a conservative preserving individual rights, wanting weapons to be taken away, doesn't get it that if someone working at that building had a weapon, the killer would have been killed right away.

@Victoria33
Her business. She probably lives in a highly restrictive county or city... And more power to her if she wants to believe the fallacy that police and gun control keep you safe.

Like always, that's not enough for the liberal mind. She has to impose her thinking on me, over two thousand miles away, which is none of her damn business. @Right_in_Virginia

Another stupid non-thinking thing is a sign on the door of a business saying, "No weapons allowed".  CVS put up those signs a year or so ago, and I will never enter one. Law abiding people will honor a rule/law, bad guys never- ever- forever- will.

That's right.
Criminals will always have guns. Any half decent machinist can make one every bit as good as anything you can buy over the counter. (and, BTW, I am a fair machinist myself)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 09:07:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Victoria33

@roamer_1

And there is this:  Several months ago, the Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth, which our church is in, sent a message to all members of the churches in the Diocese, that they were putting together men in every church, with a weapon to protect the church members.  It s more than one man at a church, but I don't remember how many each church would have. They asked for volunteers of men who had a carry permit to contact them if they wanted to be in this group.  They are stationed at places where the bad guy could enter the church.

If we eliminate weapons, only the bad guys will have them to enter our church and kill us.  Now, it is likely the bad guy will be killed on the spot once he shows the weapon.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 09:29:21 pm by Victoria33 »

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

And there is this:  Several months ago, the Catholic Disease of Fort Worth, which our church is in, sent a message to all members of the churches in the Disease, that they were putting together men in every church, with a weapon to protect the church members.  It s more than one man at a church, but I don't remember how many each church would have. They asked for volunteers of men who had a carry permit to contact them if they wanted to be in this group.  They are stationed at places where the bad guy could enter the church.

If we eliminate weapons, only the bad guys will have them to enter our church and kill us.  Now, it is likely the bad guy will be killed on the spot once he shows the weapon.

@Victoria33
Yep, I get it. My kid is LEO and chief of security at his church (a gratis position)

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Victoria33
Her business. She probably lives in a highly restrictive county or city... And more power to her if she wants to believe the fallacy that police and gun control keep you safe.

Like always, that's not enough for the liberal mind. She has to impose her thinking on me, over two thousand miles away, which is none of her damn business. @Right_in_Virginia 

Are you @roamer_1 and @Victoria33 really so obtuse that you think I'm trying to impose something on you?  I am trying to tell you kneejerk reactionaries that you're losing the bleeping debate.

And what you do is sure in hell my damn business --- because it affects me.

So pull your collective knees out of your navels and find a better, more convincing way to debate this issue.  You're losing a generation.

No one gives a rat's ass  that you protect your hearing with silencers .... the majority only care the guy who just gunned down a dozen people guilty only of being at work used one to kill them.

The generation gearing up for power hears your arguments and hears you defend the right to commit slaughter.  They have grown up with this killing and they want it stopped.   So, pull it together ... because they are coming for your guns.  And your answers to the issue are just feeding their resolve.

Online roamer_1

Are you @roamer_1 and @Victoria33 really so obtuse that you think I'm trying to impose something on you?

@Right_in_Virginia

Sure you are.

And what you do is sure in hell my damn business --- because it affects me.

No it doesn't. I have ZERO effect on Virginia.
But national gun controls certainly would effect me, all the way out here in MT where guns and all that goes with them are a necessity.

So pull your collective knees out of your navels and find a better, more convincing way to debate this issue.  You're losing a generation.

I gave you the convincing argument upthread. Just look at how many times firearms successfully STOP violence.

No one gives a rat's ass  that you protect your hearing with silencers .... the majority only care the guy who just gunned down a dozen people guilty only of being at work used one to kill them.

@Right_in_Virginia
Riiiight. In a government building where guns aren't allowed - Probably in a town and county where guns aren't allowed. How's that gun-free reservation working out for you now?

The generation gearing up for power hears your arguments and hears you defend the right to commit slaughter.  They have grown up with this killing and they want it stopped.   So, pull it together ... because they are coming for your guns.  And your answers to the issue are just feeding their resolve.

Let em come. Then we'll have even more occasion for guns to stop violence.
Not that they will. You'll never take the guns out of the Rockies, I don't care who you are.

Online roamer_1

And btw, @Right_in_Virginia , any moron can make a bump stock, and any moron can make a silencer... In about 5 minutes.

I make and use a silencer every time I go layin for coyotes. Because without the silencer, you may get one or two... But with the silencer, you mightl get three or four.

No license, no special gear, and no cost. And I throw it away when I am done. I can literally make a pretty effective supressor out of common stuff right in your own house.

How the hell do these laws your boy favors stop that?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

‘Second Amendment - 100%’ - Trump at 2:25 mark

‘It’s about safety. It’s about hearing protection. It’s a health issue, frankly, for me.’ - Trump Jr at 2:50 mark
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:57:51 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Right_in_Virginia

And btw, @Right_in_Virginia , any moron can make a bump stock, and any moron can make a silencer... In about 5 minutes.

I make and use a silencer every time I go layin for coyotes. Because without the silencer, you may get one or two... But with the silencer, you mightl get three or four.

No license, no special gear, and no cost. And I throw it away when I am done. I can literally make a pretty effective supressor out of common stuff right in your own house.   

You have so missed my point that I can only believe you did so deliberately because it's easier for you to sit on your horse and talk about what a grand and smart cowboy you are.

Every time you get sucked into the debate on liberal terms, you lose more of your gun rights. Maybe not today, but you're not going to like tomorrow.  So keep talking about silencers and how you can make one .... yeah, that's the strategy to winning the hearts and minds of the generation coming into power.

It pains me to have to say this, but you're becoming the liberal's poster child for how to debate the gun issue like a useful idiot.

Good luck to you.  And your horse.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 11:24:31 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
For what reason, other than to silently commit a murder, would a gun owner need or use a "suppressor?

If I was wide awake at night watching Netflix and heard somebody break glass, I would definitely use a silencer. 

Why wake everybody up?     wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

It pains me to have to say this, but you're becoming the liberal's poster child for how to debate the gun issue like a useful idiot.

That’s almost funny, coming from someone who came out of the starting block, parroting Kirsten Gillibrand type idiocy.

Kirsten Gillibrand
@SenGillibrand

When someone gets shot by a gun with a silencer, it's quiet. Witnesses might not hear. Police will be less likely to track down the shooter.

8:13 AM · Mar 14, 2017 · TweetDeck

Offline Victoria33

@Right_in_Virginia
@Cyber Liberty

When you write a poster, your speech is always angry and full of curse-type words.  You continually personally attack the poster, calling the poster hateful words.  There is no thoughtful discussion of the subject.  That is why I do not usually answer you. Here are some examples (consider the rest in quotes):

.. really so obtuse...ykneejerk reactionaries... sure in hell... my damn business ---pull your collective knees out of your navels... a rat's ass...

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia
@Cyber Liberty

When you write a poster, your speech is always angry and full of curse-type words.   

:bs:     88devil

:seeya:  @Victoria33
@Cyber Liberty

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline rustynail

Arguments like this do not help your case.  The Virginia Beach shooter didn't use a suppressor to protect his hearing.

He used it so they could be banned.

Online roamer_1

You have so missed my point that I can only believe you did so deliberately because it's easier for you to sit on your horse and talk about what a grand and smart cowboy you are.

@Right_in_Virginia
Which part of 'any moron can make a bump stock, and any moron can make a silencer' makes me a smart cowboy?

The point in fact is that these laws will do absolutely *nothing* to limit silencers. Just like Tumpy's totally stupid bump stock law will do absolutely *nothing* to limit bump stocks. You might as well make a law against butter knives, as easy and ubiquitous as it is to make one.

But it does give more precedence for gun control, which is the point of doing it.
I ain't the one missing the point, YOU ARE.

Every time you get sucked into the debate on liberal terms, you lose more of your gun rights. Maybe not today, but you're not going to like tomorrow.  So keep talking about silencers and how you can make one .... yeah, that's the strategy to winning the hearts and minds of the generation coming into power.

Well what the hell else is there to say? This is entirely ineffective. and will do nothing but set the table for even more control. Nothing will pacify liberals. You give em an inch they take a mile.

Hey, I ain't the one backing a Republican president signing gun laws into place. That's the useful liberal idiot.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

:bs:     88devil

:seeya:  @Victoria33
@Cyber Liberty

That's not how to do it.  Trump would have just denied he wrote it.  sad.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
First you all argued in favor of bump stocks because there are other than nefarious reasons to adjust a firearm for rapid fire --- which the shooter in the Virginia Beach massacre did.  Now you're asking people to believe this same man who murdered 12 people and also used a suppressor --- did so to protect his hearing? 

Are you writing a book on how to lose a debate?

Suppressors are primarily used to provide hearing protection for the shooter.   Yes,  a silencer can be misused,   but so can other useful devices.    A car can be used to ram a crowd.

I oppose attempts to ban certain classes of firearms or firearms accessories.    Let folks own the firearms they want,  so long as they are licensed, registered and insured.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Idiot

@Victoria33
Yep, I get it. My kid is LEO and chief of security at his church (a gratis position)
The guy that sits behind me in church carries a gun on his ankle holster.  He's ex-military and likely a good shot, or at least I hope he is...lol.  Sadly our church has set up men stationed at the entrances/exits for protection...  Sad you have to be protected to go worship.

Online corbe

With the outlawing of bump stocks and now silencers and the implementation of 'red flag' laws he really is making it harder to get away with shooting someone on Fifth Avenue.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

The guy that sits behind me in church carries a gun on his ankle holster.  He's ex-military and likely a good shot, or at least I hope he is...lol.  Sadly our church has set up men stationed at the entrances/exits for protection...  Sad you have to be protected to go worship.

@mrpotatohead
It's some different here, and of course it depends upon the church... But folks carry all the time anyway, and it has never been socially unacceptable to carry in church. But there are more and more city folks in town that get ruffled at that sort of thing...

To me, it's just a part of me. Hanging a pistol on me is the very same thing as stuffin that big folding knife in my back pocket, shoving that wicked sharp little three-blade sliver-gitter in my front pocket or strapping a multitool to my belt...

And yes, my EDC tools are on me even at church... And my go-bag and belt, a 357, and a 30/30 are in the pickup in the parking lot. Not a thing... It's just where that stuff always is. It ain't no different than the worm-drive Skil saw sitting in the sawbox, along with a ton of other tools.

It would be extremely strange to me for someone to wonder why I bring a Skil saw to church. I ain't really bringing it to church... It just happens to live in the pickup I drove to church. Same thing with the stuff I carry on me. That's just where it goes.

I've got a pretty little set of matched 9's in shoulder holsters... I don't ever use em... A little pea shooter like that ain't of much use... Maybe I oughta get a suit and use that for more civilized social functions... Would that be better?

But as to the guards at the doors - That is nothing new. That has been present since the Early Church.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
the majority only care the guy who just gunned down a dozen people guilty only of being at work used one to kill them.

1) the people gunned down were working in a "gun free zone"...also known as a shooting gallery.  had that building not ben a GFZ...a) the shooting wouldn't have happened or b) he would have been stopped way before he had a chance to gun down a dozen people.  Oh and it's already illegal to own a suppressor unless you've been approved by the Feds and have your tax stamp.

2) despite having suppressors on both of his handguns...people heard the shots being fired.  You can hear the shots in the background of the radio calls.

3) it's clear that there are some people so totally attached to the posterior end of the President that if he came out tomorrow and declared his support for implementing the updated AWB that DiFi has pushed recently...they'd sound like a bunch of clapping seals in their support and chastise the rest of us for his attempt to take away our right to own certain types of firearms.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

With the outlawing of bump stocks and now silencers and the implementation of 'red flag' laws he really is making it harder to get away with shooting someone on Fifth Avenue.

Fact-check: True

:cool:

Offline edpc

it's clear that there are some people so totally attached to the posterior end of the President that if he came out tomorrow and declared his support for implementing the updated AWB that DiFi has pushed recently...they'd sound like a bunch of clapping seals in their support and chastise the rest of us for his attempt to take away our right to own certain types of firearms.

He was already down with Feinstein and Klobuchar, in the wake of Stoneman-Douglas.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Look, all of this hub-bub is based on a stupid throwaway comment.

AFAIK there is no movement to do anything about suppressors above and beyond the existing (ridiculous) regulations.

The problem is (as it is in too many cases) is that Trump makes stupid comments about things that he hasn't thought through in the least.

"I don't like them at all." was just a plain dumb comment to make....  and we know why he makes them....  he thinks that he is going to draw more people into his corner....  I can't keep count of the number of these dumb pandering statements that he throws out there.....

:thud:

Offline edpc

Look, all of this hub-bub is based on a stupid throwaway comment.

AFAIK there is no movement to do anything about suppressors above and beyond the existing (ridiculous) regulations.

The problem is (as it is in too many cases) is that Trump makes stupid comments about things that he hasn't thought through in the least.

"I don't like them at all." was just a plain dumb comment to make....  and we know why he makes them....  he thinks that he is going to draw more people into his corner....  I can't keep count of the number of these dumb pandering statements that he throws out there.....

:thud:

Maybe, but he did something similar, concerning bump stocks, after the Vegas shooting. Now, they’re banned. It is suppressors now. Don’t be surprised if it is high-capacity magazines, somewhere down the road. He has previously expressed reservations about them, along with assault weapons, in the past.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:03:39 pm by edpc »