Author Topic: The Supreme Court Is Not The Final Say On The Constitution  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Supreme Court Is Not The Final Say On The Constitution
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2019, 06:04:18 pm »

But what is business within their proper boundaries?  Are you saying that Courts should not have the power to adjudicate cases involving the other branches of government?

I'm saying that these federal district court judges who, of late, began the practice of offering opinions that seek to prevent the President from doing his job are WAY out of bounds! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2019, 06:08:46 pm »
Courts move into the realm of impropriety when they dictate policy instead of calling balls and strikes.   This is especially egregious when a Federal Judge in Hawaii can dictate policy to Rhode Island.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2019, 06:13:34 pm »
Courts move into the realm of impropriety when they dictate policy instead of calling balls and strikes.   This is especially egregious when a Federal Judge in Hawaii can dictate policy to Rhode Island.

Yes!  Very much so!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 02:51:00 am »
Good Read @Bigun and appreciated the visuals @mrclose ... Articles like this are a pleasure to run across.

Ditto.  Thank you both.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2019, 01:23:31 pm »
And that Roe V Wade law.  Who the heck passed that one?

It's not a law, of course, but a ruling with respect to the Constitution's protection of natural rights from arbitrary denial by the State.  But a mechanism exists for the People to override the Court's determination -  a Constitutional amendment.    That no such amendment has been passed, or even seriously considered, in the past 45 years suggests that that People are not particularly concerned that the Court expanded the Constitution's protections in an unacceptable way.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2019, 01:33:26 pm »
It's not a law, of course, but a ruling with respect to the Constitution's protection of natural rights from arbitrary denial by the State.  But a mechanism exists for the People to override the Court's determination -  a Constitutional amendment.    That no such amendment has been passed, or even seriously considered, in the past 45 years suggests that that People are not particularly concerned that the Court expanded the Constitution's protections in an unacceptable way.   

Or it can simply be ignored!  There is a reason courts were given exactly zero powers of enforcement in the Constitution.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2019, 04:38:26 pm »

@Jazzhead
Our current Government can't pass legislation because the voters are divided and the people they elect are divided.  Passing an amendment to the constitution is harder still, but I think I understand your main point as "politicians/governments will only do what the people allow them to get away with."  The problem isn't the laws, the problem is the people, and on that I agree.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2019, 11:52:54 am »
Excellent post Bigun.

Beer!

Al

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2019, 12:57:26 pm »
@Jazzhead
Our current Government can't pass legislation because the voters are divided and the people they elect are divided.  Passing an amendment to the constitution is harder still, but I think I understand your main point as "politicians/governments will only do what the people allow them to get away with."  The problem isn't the laws, the problem is the people, and on that I agree.

The problem is we the people, but only insofar as we don't demand more from politicians.   Politicians are obsessed these days with partisanship and all the obstruction and warfare that implies, not the passage of sound legislation.   And perhaps politicians are tribal because people more and more these days are tribal.   I'm sure you've seen studies showing many of us don't marry or socialize with members of the other party,  nor do we listen to news other than from media outlets that reinforce our biases.

And there's no other issue - not one - on which the people and the Congresspersons they elect are more tribal and uncompromising than the issue of abortion. 

So we've had 45 years to pass a Constitutional amendment to address the matter of abortion, and we've failed to do so.   And I doubt we ever will,  so Roe v. Wade will remain the law of the land, and women will have the right to control their own destinies.     
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:59:37 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2019, 02:54:15 pm »

I was reading an article on Daily Wire about how the courts activism has blocked the Department of Education from rolling back some of the more egregious Obama era policies.  This part of the article seemed very appropriate for this discussion:

In an era in which lower courts run amok serve as a one-way ratchet for the progressive agenda, and in which "but judges!" and "but Gorsuch!" seem to be the preeminent rallying cries for large swaths of the "conservative" base, there is perhaps an even more profound problem. When legislators, bureaucratic mandarins, and citizen-activists alike of all political stripes are complicit in the delegation of power to unelected black-robed oracles behind the bench, the ultimate risk is civic in nature.

What We the People ultimately risk losing, besides our ability to govern ourselves and direct our own political destiny, is the citizen-driven associative industriousness and civic virtue that made Tocqueville so fond of the American experiment. ...How are we to remain duty-minded and constantly vigilant against tyranny if that tyranny comes not in the form of legislators and executives who can be held accountable at the ballot box, but in the form of judicial usurpers who accomplish with the stroke of a pen what the political and cultural Left could not otherwise accomplish over the span of decades?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/45100/trump-department-education-being-repeatedly-josh-hammer
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2019, 02:49:14 am »
I was reading an article on Daily Wire about how the courts activism has blocked the Department of Education from rolling back some of the more egregious Obama era policies.  This part of the article seemed very appropriate for this discussion:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/45100/trump-department-education-being-repeatedly-josh-hammer
We are getting closer all the time when the courts' over-reach will be the tipping point and legislators or Executive will simply ignore the rulings.

Who will enforce the court's ruling anyway?  Their lack of enforcement power is why they are considerably weaker than the other two branches, by design.

It will be a constitutional crisis, caused by Judicial.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:50:02 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington