Author Topic: With women in combat roles, a federal court rules the male-only draft unconstitutional  (Read 9620 times)

Offline goodwithagun

That is objectively false.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/population

DATE              VALUE

Aug 1, 2018   328.26 million
Jul 1, 2018   328.03 million
Jul 1, 2017   325.72 million
Jul 1, 2016   323.41 million

My apologies: I meant that it is not rising at a high enough rate. Regardless, Malthus was wrong.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/12/21/us-population-growth-hits-80-year-low-capping-off-a-year-of-demographic-stagnation/
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Our population is currently growing, but for how long?

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/12/21/us-population-growth-hits-80-year-low-capping-off-a-year-of-demographic-stagnation/

Even more frightening, it’s people like my husband and I that aren’t contributing enough. We have three little ones and are done due to radiation treatments I’m currently undergoing. Those in the multigenerational welfare class are reproducing as well. This is a dangerous situation because they are producing more multigenerational welfare class citizens.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There will likely never be another draft, so this is mostly just symbolic.

I'm willing to bet money there will be. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Even more frightening, it’s people like my husband and I that aren’t contributing enough. We have three little ones and are done due to radiation treatments I’m currently undergoing. Those in the multigenerational welfare class are reproducing as well. This is a dangerous situation because they are producing more multigenerational welfare class citizens.

You are having radiation?   

You have my prayers.  :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:

@goodwithagun
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 07:22:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Both are devastating to children.

"Devastating" - no.  If they're both good people/good parents, then yes, the absence of one or the other can be bad. 

But, @Dexter, men and women are not the same and interchangeable.  Mothers are much more important to children, maybe until adolescence when the need for male discipline kicks in more.  Not saying fathers are unimportant; just that during much of childhood mothers are the primary parent.  Pretty much the same across all cultures.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm willing to bet money there will be.

We've had registration for Selective Service since Jimmy Carter.  The bureaucratic apparatus is certainly there and can be activated at a moment's notice.  It will be eventually, as sure as the sun rises in the East. 

I'd never take your wager because it's a sucker's bet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Be thankful you have your three. We have three as well. How many couples these days have no intentions of having children that will ruin their lifesyles. Or is it that they have never achieved maturity and are afraid of rearing children as they are too childlike themselves.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Be thankful you have your three. We have three as well. How many couples these days have no intentions of having children that will ruin their lifesyles. Or is it that they have never achieved maturity and are afraid of rearing children as they are too childlike themselves.

You're right, @Elderberry, and I am thankful.  They certainly did ruin my lifestyle - and gave me a much better one. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Our population is currently growing, but for how long?

Also a reminder here: much of the growth is coming from immigration. For much of the United States, birth rate is below replacement—in some cases such as the Northeast, catastrophically so.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Bill Cipher

@Bill Cipher

The two don’t go hand in hand, though.  It’s true that Muslims mistreat women and justify it as protection.  But the traditional male protective impulse toward women is a positive attribute.  And it just makes sense.

God knows my husband is protective of me, but he’s the polar opposite of smothering and abusing.  Same with the women in my family.  We’re talking confident professional women who enjoy strong protective men.

Sorry, but with all due respect the traditional western “protection” of women has been just as damaging. Less graphic, perhaps, but just as demeaning. 

I still vividly remember one of those traditional “protective” men demeaning my mother and blaming my brother’s apparent disappearance on the fact that she had the uppitiness to get divorced from a toxic marriage. 

Turned out my brother had actually been taken by someone; he hadn’t run away because there was no “protective” man in the house. 

It’s called “protection” because it makes the men who engage in it feel better about themselves and what they’re doing, but it isn’t protection in any real sense, it’s subservience and chattelhood. 

Offline QueenCatofAragon

@Elderberry

It’s just my husband and me here— we don’t have kids.  It’s nothing to do with ruining our lifestyle. I’ve mentioned it here before, though I kept shut about it at TOS.  They’d have condemned me to Hell, most likely. 

We’re both extremely pro-family and we like kids just fine, but not everyone is meant to be parents.  I think we’re pretty mature in general, but growing up completely?  Where’s the fun in that?
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sorry, but with all due respect the traditional western “protection” of women has been just as damaging. Less graphic, perhaps, but just as demeaning. 

I still vividly remember one of those traditional “protective” men demeaning my mother and blaming my brother’s apparent disappearance on the fact that she had the uppitiness to get divorced from a toxic marriage. 

Turned out my brother had actually been taken by someone; he hadn’t run away because there was no “protective” man in the house. 

It’s called “protection” because it makes the men who engage in it feel better about themselves and what they’re doing, but it isn’t protection in any real sense, it’s subservience and chattelhood.

What an awful experience for you.

You do realize though, that yours is pretty uncommon?  So, applying it as a generalization just doesn't work.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

@Bill Cipher

That’s lousy, I agree—all of it.  But you’re judging a natural male impulse based on those abusive examples.

Tbh I don’t know a male who doesn’t have a protective, solicitous urge toward women, but it’s all very benign.  If we’re out for a walk, my husband will walk on the side nearest the street.  It’s little things like that.  I find them sexy as hell.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Bill Cipher

What an awful experience for you.

You do realize though, that yours is pretty uncommon?  So, applying it as a generalization just doesn't work.

Actually, it shows just how common that mindset is.  This cop wasn’t anything special, just your typical cop.  And the consequences of “protecting” people come down to the same thing: it’s an excuse to make the oppressors feel good about themselves and what they’re doing.  And it also serves to perpetuate the falsehood, because young kids get indoctrinated into believing that slavery is protection.  Not too far down that road lies “arbeit macht frei”.

Bill Cipher

@Bill Cipher

That’s lousy, I agree—all of it.  But you’re judging a natural male impulse based on those abusive examples.

Tbh I don’t know a male who doesn’t have a protective, solicitous urge toward women, but it’s all very benign.  If we’re out for a walk, my husband will walk on the side nearest the street.  It’s little things like that.  I find them sexy as hell.

“Benign” is just another fancy word for self-deception. 

You’re entitled to feel the way you want to, but the fact that you like it does not justify it, excuse it, or otherwise change the fact that in practice it’s not “protection” it’s chattelhood. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Actually, it shows just how common that mindset is.  This cop wasn’t anything special, just your typical cop.  And the consequences of “protecting” people come down to the same thing: it’s an excuse to make the oppressors feel good about themselves and what they’re doing.  And it also serves to perpetuate the falsehood, because young kids get indoctrinated into believing that slavery is protection.  Not too far down that road lies “arbeit macht frei”.

I think you and I may be roughly the same age - and I've been a woman all of my life and only once saw anything anywhere like that.  And, her husband was just an abusive creep.  I've lived a lot of places and met people in every strata of life.  I don't think it's common at all.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Judge Rules Men-Only Military Draft Unconstitutional
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2019, 08:36:22 pm »
A federal judge has ruled that a men-only draft is unconstitutional, but he stopped short of ordering the Selective Service System to register women for military service.

The Houston judge sided with a San Diego men's advocacy group that challenged the government's practice of having only men sign up for the draft, citing sex discrimination in violation of the Fifth Amendment's equal protection clause.

"This case balances on the tension between the constitutionally enshrined power of Congress to raise armies and the constitutional mandate that no person be denied the equal protection of the law," wrote U.S. District Judge Gray Miller of the Southern District of Texas.

[excerpted]

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/02/24/judge-rules-men-only-military-draft-unconstitutional.html
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

“Benign” is just another fancy word for self-deception. 

You’re entitled to feel the way you want to, but the fact that you like it does not justify it, excuse it, or otherwise change the fact that in practice it’s not “protection” it’s chattelhood.

@Bill Cipher

Not at all.  Just acknowledgment that the man is physically stronger.  Hence nature’s impulse.

Bill Cipher

@Bill Cipher

Not at all.  Just acknowledgment that the man is physically stronger.  Hence nature’s impulse.

Not nature’s impulse at all.  The product of generations of treating women as chattel who belonged to their fathers, until they were transferred to their husbands, after which they belonged to their husbands.  All duly written into the law as well as the broader culture.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Not nature’s impulse at all.  The product of generations of treating women as chattel who belonged to their fathers, until they were transferred to their husbands, after which they belonged to their husbands.  All duly written into the law as well as the broader culture.

All righty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Good grief, you've been thoroughly indoctrinated into neo-feminism and looks like you swallowed it hook, line and sinker. 

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Mothers are much more important to children, maybe until adolescence when the need for male discipline kicks in more.

So male discipline is the man's role in a child's life? Men can't provide emotional support and help teach empathy to children?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So male discipline is the man's role in a child's life? Men can't provide emotional support and help teach empathy to children?

...and that's how we got "man buns."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
...and that's how we got "man buns."

It's really sad that so many men are too uncomfortable with their emotions to do those things.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates