Author Topic: With women in combat roles, a federal court rules the male-only draft unconstitutional  (Read 9623 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's really sad that so many men are too uncomfortable with their emotions to do those things.

I think it's sad that there are men who want to shove that garbage down the throats of those unwilling to conform.  Maybe that's my inner lizard to not enjoy the presence of Beta Males?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I think it's sad that there are men who want to shove that garbage down the throats of those unwilling to conform.  Maybe that's my inner lizard to not enjoy the presence of Beta Males?

Being emotionally mature does not make somebody a beta male.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 09:21:46 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Being emotionally mature does not make somebody a beta male.

Well, I know you consider yourself more emotionally mature than the rest of us, which raises the question:  Is your bun real or one of those clip-on buns I see advertised?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So male discipline is the man's role in a child's life? Men can't provide emotional support and help teach empathy to children?

Don't be a twit.  Nothing in my statement said that.

Offline Dexter

Well, I know you consider yourself more emotionally mature than the rest of us

Do you think I spend a lot of time comparing myself to you and feeling superior? That seems to be what you think.

which raises the question:  Is your bun real or one of those clip-on buns I see advertised?

My hair is usually in a state of utter chaos. I don't do anything to it other than wash it and then buzz it all off after a while. I don't even own a comb or a brush right now. haha I don't let it get long enough for buns or pony tails.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Don't be a twit.  Nothing in my statement said that.

What is mom teaching a child that dad is incapable of teaching? Why is mom so much more important than dad?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 09:46:21 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What is mom teaching a child that dad is incapable of teaching? Why is mom so much more important than dad?

Teaching?  It's all about teaching?  Not so, grasshopper.

Offline Dexter

Teaching?  It's all about teaching?  Not so, grasshopper.

Why is mom so much more important? You weren't specific.
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I can't tell if that is a sincere question or not.  And, on the off chance that it is, I don't have the energy to educate you and bring you up to speed on human nature.  It would require somehow breaking through your impressive defenses first, before you could even begin to understand the world outside of your misconceptions. 

You must have an intimation that that world exists.  Somewhere in the back of your mind, something is nagging you and telling you to go to places like here, and try to find what it is you are missing.  But, as soon as something gets close to informing you, up go your defenses.

Tell me why I should even bother.

Offline musiclady

You're right, @Elderberry, and I am thankful.  They certainly did ruin my lifestyle - and gave me a much better one.

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I can just hear Dex saying, "A boy's best friend is his Mother"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is perfectly natural for men to protect women in a dangerous situation. Men routinely put themselves in mortal danger to save a female. This behavior does not work in the military. Every soldier must be equal, able to defend themselves and to protect others.

Also, no soldier wants a 'Helen of Troy' scenario, where a General or even a Sergeant irrationally puts dozens or even hundreds of troops in an impossible battle for no other reason than to rescue his girlfriend or his lover. Love makes men crazy. And irrational decisions in any military situation gets people killed.

I do not believe that women belong in combat. When a man dies, there are a dozen men to replace him. When a woman dies, she takes generations of potential life with her.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Dexter

Tell me why I should even bother.

:shrug:

Maybe you shouldn't if me not seeing it your way makes it not worth talking about.
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
:shrug:

Maybe you shouldn't if me not seeing it your way makes it not worth talking about.

And, there it is.

Offline Dexter

I can just hear Dex saying, "A boy's best friend is his Mother"

As irony would have it I was raised by a single dad.
-Socrates

Offline goodwithagun

For starters my husband’s nipples are useless. Maybe yours make boob juice, but his doesn’t, so for the first year of each of our kids’ lives I was numero uno. Or maybe uno and duo, buh dum ching!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Dexter

For starters my husband’s nipples are useless. Maybe yours make boob juice, but his doesn’t, so for the first year of each of our kids’ lives I was numero uno. Or maybe uno and duo, buh dum ching!

Yeah, men can't lactate or give birth. Is there anything else? I was more thinking about the emotional development of the child.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
As irony would have it I was raised by a single dad.

Equally ironic:  I was a Single Dad.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

****drummer

@goodwithagun
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Do you think I spend a lot of time comparing myself to you and feeling superior? That seems to be what you think.

You and I just don't think alike, so don't suppose you know what I think.  You simply don't have any idea what I think.  Attempts to set you straight on that are ignored.

My hair is usually in a state of utter chaos. I don't do anything to it other than wash it and then buzz it all off after a while. I don't even own a comb or a brush right now. haha I don't let it get long enough for buns or pony tails.

I gladly stand corrected about that.  You described my hair and that I get it cut every 9 months, whether it needs it or not.  It was like that even well before I retired.  :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

No I don't, but if you want to ban me for my views now that you're an admin you should go ahead and do it now instead of slowly building up to it. I've asked Myst to ban me more than once anyway.

Obviously we need to file a complaint with @mystery-ak
 :rolling:
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axeslinger

@Bill Cipher

The two don’t go hand in hand, though.  It’s true that Muslims mistreat women and justify it as protection.  But the traditional male protective impulse toward women is a positive attribute.  And it just makes sense.

God knows my husband is protective of me, but he’s the polar opposite of smothering and abusing.  Same with the women in my family.  We’re talking confident professional women who enjoy strong protective men.

And this is why I think you friggin’ rock @QueenCatofAragon
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obviously we need to file a complaint with @mystery-ak
 :rolling:

You got that right, my friend, because he's not gong to get any love for his "idea" from me.  I hate banning Members.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

Sorry, but with all due respect the traditional western “protection” of women has been just as damaging. Less graphic, perhaps, but just as demeaning. 

I still vividly remember one of those traditional “protective” men demeaning my mother and blaming my brother’s apparent disappearance on the fact that she had the uppitiness to get divorced from a toxic marriage. 

Turned out my brother had actually been taken by someone; he hadn’t run away because there was no “protective” man in the house. 

It’s called “protection” because it makes the men who engage in it feel better about themselves and what they’re doing, but it isn’t protection in any real sense, it’s subservience and chattelhood.

@Bill Cipher

So you’re applying your experience to the entirety of the population of western males as “all too common”?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And this is why I think you friggin’ rock @QueenCatofAragon

The women make too much damn sense.  I hate her!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.