Author Topic: Leftism: High on Buzzwords, Low on Thought  (Read 378 times)

rangerrebew

Leftism: High on Buzzwords, Low on Thought
« on: February 05, 2019, 01:21:11 pm »
February 4, 2019
Leftism: High on Buzzwords, Low on Thought
By Bruce Walker

The left does not need to argue with conservatives and other normal people.  This is because the left has co-opted language so that clear thinking is impossible.  Buzzwords preclude whole serious thought and channel virtually all cognition along predictable and entirely theoretical, rather than empirical, lines.

While leftists can "think" only along these lines, the real danger is that conservatives accept these buzzwords as well, so conservatives also have shackled minds that rely, almost entirely, upon an entire vocabulary created by leftist totalitarianism.  A few words and phrases help show how this works.

"Homophobia" is a rickety neologism intended to encompass virtually every variety of analysis of that leftist insistence that homosexuality and its offspring "transgender" and so forth have no problems.  In fact, there are at least three different and usually conflicting approaches to this issue.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/02/leftism_high_on_buzzwords_low_on_thought.html#ixzz5ef8rGxyl

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Leftism: High on Buzzwords, Low on Thought
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 02:10:59 pm »
Demand definitions.  Challenge the buzzwords.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 02:58:21 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 01:46:26 am »
Title and premise:
"Leftism: High on Buzzwords, Low on Thought"

I will disagree.

The leftist/democrat-communists could not have gotten to where they are today without "thought" and planning.

The groundwork goes 'way back:
Antonio Gramsci
The Frankfurt School
Herbert Marcuse ("critical theory")

Au contraire, it's the Republicans who have not "thought enough" or cared enough to nip the left's progress in the bud.

They could have started by supporting McCarthy in the early 50's, instead of jumping aboard the train to destroy him...