Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren forms presidential exploratory committee ahead of likely 2020 bid  (Read 3727 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/31/warren-forms-presidential-exploratory-committee-ahead-of-likely-2020-bid-1077178

By NATASHA KORECKI 12/31/2018

Sen. Elizabeth Warren is officially in the hunt for the White House.

The Massachusetts Democrat and former Harvard Law professor filed papers Monday creating an exploratory presidential committee, becoming the first major potential 2020 contender to do so in what’s anticipated to be a sprawling Democratic field.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Flashback:

Elizabeth Warren: ‘I’m not running and I’m not going to run’
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/elizabeth-warren-gives-strongest-denial-presidential-run-yet

Lied about being a native American. Lied about running for President.

Online mountaineer

Also reported here at NY Daily News.

I couldn't stand to watch to the entire video, but caught a reference to her career as a law professor. No mention of how she got that job via affirmative action by falsely claiming to be Cherokee or whatever the Sam Hill tribe it was.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline uglybiker

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline libertybele

I haven't taken the time to look up her voting record, but does anyone know what she'd run on, other than being a liberal lying female?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I haven't taken the time to look up her voting record, but does anyone know what she'd run on, other than being a liberal lying female?

I think the thing she's most known for (besides lying of course) is a staunch position on strong regulation of big banks.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

It's an exploratory committee, so she can (openly) take in money.  Not really on the war path yet.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Applewood

Oh boy!  Another bad choice in a crowded field of bad choices.  This will be the Republican primaries of 2016 all over again, only these guys will be Democrats.  I look for the "new guard" of the Democrat Party to win out -- the young, public school indoctrinated, commie radical lefties.  The old school, old guard Democrats will fall by the wayside just as true conservatives did on the Republican side.

Oh boy!  Another bad choice in a crowded field of bad choices.  This will be the Republican primaries of 2016 all over again, only these guys will be Democrats.  I look for the "new guard" of the Democrat Party to win out -- the young, public school indoctrinated, commie radical lefties.  The old school, old guard Democrats will fall by the wayside just as true conservatives did on the Republican side.

The old guard has the money, counts the votes, and makes the rules.  IMO, they'll win out just like the Republicans did.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The debates should be lively. Hillary and Biden think they both deserve coronations.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Victoria33

Warren announces White House bid, getting early jump on 2020 race
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/423298-warren-forms-exploratory-committee-ahead-of-potential-2020-campaign
@mystery-ak

Warren heard about the Indian connection through her great, great, etc. grandparents reporting it.   I also have family history reporting one of my greats, married an Indian woman who was on the Trail of Tears to Oklahoma, when they stayed in Arkansas for a time before going onto Oklahoma.  I estimate I am one sixteenth Choctaw.

At Christmas I sent my DNA to Ancestry.com to see what they find.  I know both great, great, grandparents came here from England, so that should show up.  I don't know if they could find the Indian part.  If they don't it's okay because I am not running for president.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The old guard has the money, counts the votes, and makes the rules.  IMO, they'll win out just like the Republicans did.
They got burnt by Hillary last time, though. The Democrats are not like the GOP; they're willing to do what it takes to gain or stay in power—and that misandrist young congresslady from the Bronx is eagerly awaiting 2024.

Online mountaineer

Hill 🐝Buzz    @HillBuzz  1m1 minute ago

It's going to be fun to see @SenWarren campaigning. She is very brittle and shrill and she gets very nasty quickly when confronted. She's also a proven liar. She doesn't have the ability that @HillaryClinton has to pivot from one lie to another though. Warren is a clumsy liar.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Lets hope lots of Democrats run.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline rustynail

The emaciated harridan looks like she has an eating disorder.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 09:41:42 pm by rustynail »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@mystery-ak

Warren heard about the Indian connection through her great, great, etc. grandparents reporting it.   I also have family history reporting one of my greats, married an Indian woman who was on the Trail of Tears to Oklahoma, when they stayed in Arkansas for a time before going onto Oklahoma.  I estimate I am one sixteenth Choctaw.

At Christmas I sent my DNA to Ancestry.com to see what they find.  I know both great, great, grandparents came here from England, so that should show up.  I don't know if they could find the Indian part.  If they don't it's okay because I am not running for president.
I can't claim any Native American Heritage, as my family arrived in the early 50's...........1950's that is. But my Father tells of being related to Attila, the famous one, and considering how small Hungary is, especially after WWI, I have no trouble believing the connection. But BFD, that and a buck will get me a cup of coffee at MickeyD's.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Yes, it will be a plethora of similar candidates,  just like the 2016 Republicans, none of whom was able to stand out.   Trump of course took advantage by sucking the air out of the room.   What Democrat will be the Dems' Trump?   I doubt it will be Warren,  but it could be a celebrity,  and it could be a holy roller exploiting the faith of climate change.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Lets hope lots of Democrats run.

Why?

In 2016 with lots running, the Republicans got theirs elected Potus.

Michelle, Kamela, Elizabeth....all "women of color" if Liz sticks with her Injun story.

FWIW Scott Adams predicts the Dems will not nominate a white man.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

There was family lore about our having an American Indian descendent (Shawnee) about five or six generations back on my mother's side. My Ancestry.com DNA test showed absolutely nothing that might tend to prove that. I'll just have to live with my European genes - and forget about running for office as a Dem.  :shrug:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's not much of a stretch, though.

There's only three serious white-male contenders, and that's if you include the Jewish Bernie Sanders (not that he isn't white, but the usual suspects you think of when you think of "racists" hate Jews just as much as persons of color). Those would be Biden and Beto, and even Beto uses a Hispanic name.

The rest? Warren, Harris, Booker, maybe one of the Castro brothers... all women, black, brown or some combination thereof.

Online andy58-in-nh

If they could find a way, the Democrats would nominate an LGBTQ+ woman of color who self-identifies as a disabled transsexual Mexican migrant farm worker.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Gosh, Sen Elizabeth Warren running for president? One of my wishes for 2019 has already come true.  Hooray!  I would like nothing more than Fauxcahontas running against HR Clinton with her Faux Foundation and Crime Family in the background.  Imagine the endless lies they would volley back and forth against each other?

It's not going to be anyone of color. Get real!  It will be Clinton if she stays healthy enough to make it to the primary finish line, which I believe she will.  She will not need to campaign but in five states, PA, OH, WI, MI and FL.