Author Topic: Weary migrants still far from reaching US border  (Read 5879 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Weary migrants still far from reaching US border
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2018, 04:02:50 am »
@Chosen Daughter, with all due respect, and I mean that seriously, EVERY vote we make is one of the lesser of two evils.  That is the world we live in and that our God has given us.  The only perfect man is not running for office, as far as I know.

I find that somewhat a confused statement on your part.  God does not give us evil of any kind.  We choose it.  And when choosing to draw that line on the ballot I decide if this person is worth my vote.  Of course there is no one who is perfect but there are people who lead moral lives.  If there weren't we would be living in a world absent of God.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2018, 04:02:50 am »
@Chosen Daughter, with all due respect, and I mean that seriously, EVERY vote we make is one of the lesser of two evils.  That is the world we live in and that our God has given us.  The only perfect man is not running for office, as far as I know.

Haven't you heard?  He's already in office.   :cool:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2018, 04:04:53 am »
Speaking of "conservative", "small government" and "Patriot", remind what party gave us the Patriot Act?  Was it the party of conservatism and small government?

Patriotism, n. Combustible rubbish ready to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name.

In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit it is the first.

Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary (1911).

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2018, 04:06:23 am »

Are you a descendant of Ambrose Bierce?   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2018, 04:06:42 am »
I find that somewhat a confused statement on your part.  God does not give us evil of any kind.  We choose it.  And when choosing to draw that line on the ballot I decide if this person is worth my vote.  Of course there is no one who is perfect but there are people who lead moral lives.  If there weren't we would be living in a world absent of God.

Nope, you understand it - we can vote for the more evil or the less evil.  Or good or better good.  And, exactly what was our choice this time around?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2018, 04:07:10 am »
:rolling:

Maybe you were born after Reagan's presidency. If so, I'll chalk it up to the exuberance of youth. Me, I was stationed in Germany from 77 to 81. You should of seen the beaten down equipment we had, post Vietnam. Add to that, we were chronically 25% undermanned. Thankfully, Reagan changed all that, and brought the Soviet Union to its knees, without firing a shot.

Like I said, we'll see if Trump can accomplish as much with a Democrat HOR as Reagan did.

Oh, c'mon.

I understand the Reagan Revolution.  I was around and active in that day.

I will repeat:   Donald Trump will be a more influential CONSERVATIVE in American history than Ronald Reagan.

He's appointed TWO originalist Justices already.  JUST FOR THAT he's above Reagan.  RWR nominated O'Conner, a huge mistake.

Gosh, I cannot go against RWR BUT ... the idiots who think Trump is not Conservative would be the same IDIOTS who (on the internet) would say RWR wasn't good enough.

Morons are .. morons.  Trump is REALLY good for Conservative ideology.  He IS!

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2018, 04:13:23 am »

Stupidity flies silently into the night.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2018, 04:18:50 am »
Nope, you understand it - we can vote for the more evil or the less evil.  Or good or better good.  And, exactly what was our choice this time around?

I didn't vote for either. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2018, 04:20:09 am »
Oh, c'mon.

I understand the Reagan Revolution.  I was around and active in that day.

I will repeat:   Donald Trump will be a more influential CONSERVATIVE in American history than Ronald Reagan.

He's appointed TWO originalist Justices already.  JUST FOR THAT he's above Reagan.  RWR nominated O'Conner, a huge mistake.

Gosh, I cannot go against RWR BUT ... the idiots who think Trump is not Conservative would be the same IDIOTS who (on the internet) would say RWR wasn't good enough.

Morons are .. morons.  Trump is REALLY good for Conservative ideology.  He IS!

Fine...let's can the "idiots" and "morons", shall we? Judging a Presidency by its Supreme Court nominations is myopic IMO. Not saying it's not important, but it pales in comparison to Reagan's overall achievements in office.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2018, 04:22:58 am »
I didn't vote for either.

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2018, 04:24:00 am »
Stupidity flies silently into the night.

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2018, 04:30:58 am »
Speaking of "conservative", "small government" and "Patriot", remind what party gave us the Patriot Act?  Was it the party of conservatism and small government?

I am MORE THAN EAGER for you to confess how the Patriot Act has changed your life since 2002.

Please.   We will understand about your gender and underwear issues.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2018, 04:35:17 am »

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

i·ron·ic
/īˈränik/Submit
adjective
using or characterized by irony.
"his mouth curved into an ironic smile"
synonyms:   sarcastic, sardonic, cynical, mocking, satirical, caustic, wry
"Edward's tone was ironic"
happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this.
"it was ironic that now that everybody had plenty of money for food, they couldn't obtain it because everything was rationed"
synonyms:   paradoxical, incongruous
"it's ironic that a former illiterate is now a successful writer"

Nope.

fun·ny
/ˈfənē/Submit
adjective
adjective: funny; comparative adjective: funnier; superlative adjective: funniest
causing laughter or amusement; humorous.
"a funny story"
synonyms:   amusing, humorous, witty, comic, comical, droll, facetious, jocular, jokey; More
antonyms:   serious, unamusing
expressing a speaker's objection to another's laughter or mockery.
"She started to laugh. “ What's so funny? ” he asked"
INFORMAL
used to emphasize that something is unpleasant or wrong and should be regarded seriously or avoided.
"stealing other people's work isn't funny"
difficult to explain or understand; strange.
"I had a funny feeling you'd be around"
unusual or odd; curious.
"Bev has a funny little stammer"
unusual in such a way as to arouse suspicion.
"there was something funny going on"
synonyms:   strange, peculiar, odd, queer, weird, bizarre, curious, freakish, freak, quirky; More
antonyms:   trustworthy
used to draw attention to or express surprise at a curious or interesting fact or occurrence.
"that's funny! —that vase of flowers has been moved"
INFORMAL
(of a person or part of the body) not in wholly good health or order; slightly ill.
"suddenly my stomach felt funny"

No,

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2018, 04:40:14 am »

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Oh good one!  If Trump is the boat he is leaking. 

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2018, 04:43:00 am »
Fine...let's can the "idiots" and "morons", shall we? Judging a Presidency by its Supreme Court nominations is myopic IMO. Not saying it's not important, but it pales in comparison to Reagan's overall achievements in office.

Good grief, are you serious?

There are TWO things a POTUS can do in his job.   War and Peace ... and SCOTUS nominations.

The "Founders" made the this process an absolute CENTERPIECE of the Constitution.  One of the most important.  It takes ALL THREE of our Article Congressional/Executive/Judicial places to sit someone?   C'mon man???

War and Peace?  YAH!  Reagan looked at the Soviets and fought them every way, in Eastern Europe and Central America. Trump is EQUALLY tough.  He is!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2018, 04:43:44 am »
I am MORE THAN EAGER for you to confess how the Patriot Act has changed your life since 2002.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2018, 04:44:46 am »

You aren't very bright.

That's okay.  Own it

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2018, 04:47:40 am »

That was certainly thoughtful.

You don't have a meme from another PS4 game?

Kids these days.  I'm tellin' ya.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2018, 04:49:25 am »

Nonetheless the boat was sent.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2018, 04:53:53 am »

You aren't very bright.

That's okay.  Own it

Say goodnight, Arne...

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:55:54 am by Night Hides Not »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2018, 04:56:07 am »
Nonetheless the boat was sent.

I guess we can either sink or swim.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2018, 04:56:49 am »

I don't fly, but maybe you could ask all the old ladies, babies, kids and adults how they feel about being groped by a mini tyrant in a latex glove prior to boarding.

Or, maybe you could look at the extra excessive federal debt incurred by another inefficient mega-agency.

Maybe you could explain why the Dept of Homeland Security oversees an agency which, in part, is responsible for mapping flood zones and delivering trailers to hurricane victims.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2018, 05:04:09 am »
Say goodnight, Arne...

Oh, Goodness Gracious! 

How would I ever confront some HERO with a meme?

Why don't you articulate how you differ from my comments above?  Let's have a debate, tough guy.

Let's DO DIS. 

I'm guessing you're a typical coward.  I expect it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2018, 05:04:54 am »
I guess we can either sink or swim.

Yes, that IS the point.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2018, 05:13:48 am »
Oh, Goodness Gracious! 

How would I ever confront some HERO with a meme?

Why don't you articulate how you differ from my comments above?  Let's have a debate, tough guy.

Let's DO DIS. 

I'm guessing you're a typical coward.  I expect it.

Sorry, no need to debate you. Your arguments lost their credibility when you said:

By your continued personal attacks, you prove you don't want a debate, you just want to engage in a pissing contest. You've proven yourself to be a loyal Orange Brigadier...congratulations!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 05:15:29 am by Night Hides Not »