Author Topic: 'Boy or girl?' Parents raising 'theybies' let kids decide  (Read 13037 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
'Boy or girl?' Parents raising 'theybies' let kids decide
« on: July 19, 2018, 05:35:22 pm »
Julie Compton
NBC News
July 19, 2018

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Three-year-old twins Zyler and Kadyn Sharpe scurried around the boys and girls clothing racks of a narrow consignment store filled with toys. Zyler, wearing rainbow leggings, scrutinized a pair of hot-pink-and-purple sneakers. Kadyn, in a T-Rex shirt, fixated on a musical cube that flashed colorful lights. At a glance, the only discernible difference between these fraternal twins is their hair — Zyler’s is brown and Kadyn’s is blond.

Is Zyler a boy or a girl? How about Kadyn? That’s a question their parents, Nate and Julia Sharpe, say only the twins can decide. The Cambridge, Mass., couple represent a small group of parents raising “theybies” — children being brought up without gender designation from birth. A Facebook community for these parents currently claims about 220 members across the U.S.

More

Offline dfwgator

Re: 'Boy or girl?' Parents raising 'theybies' let kids decide
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 05:44:55 pm »
 :facepalm2:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 05:46:57 pm »
A Facebook community for these parents currently claims about 220 members across the U.S.

Hopefully, no more than that.
I also hope that number takes a dramatic nose dive.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 05:51:38 pm »
 A Facebook community for these parents mental defectives currently claims about 220 members across the U.S.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 06:19:11 pm »
These are the same people who complain about people being anti-Science
Countdown to Resignation

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 06:24:47 pm »
I think this is boderline child abuse.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 06:37:40 pm »
These are the same people who complain about people being anti-Science

Whenever you hear someone claim they are Pro Science, it means they support science that backs their political views
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 08:12:30 pm »
I think it crossed that border a long time ago. This is pure insanity. And how is "theybies" less gender-specific than "babies"? If I say, "Look at the baby," no one knows his/her sex. Good grief.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 08:13:19 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 08:19:22 pm »
Kadyn and Zyler still have little understanding of gender, according to their parents, but have started to pick up on it. One day recently, Zyler asked Julia what “she” and “he” mean.

“Since we've tried to avoid really getting into gender until they're old enough to understand it, I answered that ‘he’ and ‘she’ are pronouns and you use them to make sentences simpler, so instead of saying someone's name over and over in the sentence, you'll say ‘he’ or ‘she’ or ‘they’ instead,” she said, “and Zyler got distracted after that and moved on.”
So they're denying these children a factual, grammatical education about the English language, as well.

Offline endicom

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 08:33:57 pm »

Parents are supposed to guide their children to minimize confusion as to what is right or wrong. Is it right or wrong to hit another kid? Is it right or wrong to fling your food against the wall? To feed the goldfish to the cat? To not know which gender you are?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 08:49:05 pm »

I'm not sure about the "borderline" part.

These kids will be scarred for life if there is no intervention in their lives.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 08:51:57 pm »
I'm not sure about the "borderline" part.

These kids will be scarred for life if there is no intervention in their lives.

I see a future where a lot are messed up mentally.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 09:01:50 pm »

I see a future where a lot are messed up mentally.
I see a present where the parents are a mess, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 09:08:22 pm »
Whenever you hear someone claim they are Pro Science, it means they support science that backs their political views

So true.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 09:16:10 pm »
Yep. Anything to the contrary is "junk science" to them. If they were really pro-science, they'd let the evidence speak.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2018, 09:22:00 pm »
Yep. Anything to the contrary is "junk science" to them. If they were really pro-science, they'd let the evidence speak.

It is a shame that Science has been hijacked by the left.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2018, 09:31:22 pm »

It is a shame that Science has been hijacked by the left.
In name only. Social Science, political science, global warming (climate) science--unfortunately the erosion has been going on for some time. Yet within all those disciplines (when and where disciplined) there are those doing good work. Unfortunately, sifting for those needles in the haystacks of dross is going to be tedious work indeed, and for some time to come, the fallacies perpetrated in the name of science will color the discussion. Sort of like "Peak Oil", which gets trotted out every 20-30 years or so.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2018, 10:20:37 pm »
Sumthin' tells me that these "parents" are going to be awfully upset when the young'un with female parts decides to be a girl and date boys, and the one with male parts decides to be a boy and date girls...!

"Are you sure?  Aren't you making a mistake? After all we've taught you...?"

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 11:57:43 pm »

@LMAO

Offline KittenClaws

• Normalcy Bias? I like to think I don't have it.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 12:11:42 am »

Nope, it's not borderline child abuse.  I'm pretty sure it's full fledged, in-you-face, definiately crossed the morality line, child abuse of the worst kind.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2018, 01:22:19 pm »
WALSH: 'Gender Neutral Parenting' Is Child Abuse
courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
ByMatt Walsh
July 23, 2018

NBC reports on a parenting trend with a name as stupid as the thing itself: "theybies." This is the designation certain upper-class, white, liberal parents have given to their children, whom they have decided to raise without "gender labels."  ...

Of course, we run into some logical problems here. There are approximately 6,782 logical problems, actually, but let's mention just a few: If biological sex is meaningless and gender is a social construct, what does it mean to "choose" a gender? You just said gender is something arbitrary and invented. If a boy chooses to be a girl based on his affinity for girly things, has he not made this decision based on the very construct that you are trying to abolish? And if he makes the decision based on nothing at all, then hasn't the word "girl" just become another word for "boy"? If "girl" and "boy" have no meaning then you cannot choose to be one or the other. If they do have meaning, then the choice must be based on something objective. You can't have it both ways.  ...

But these are just problems of logic, which are insurmountable in their own right. The real problem, though, is the effect this nonsense will have on the innocent kids subjected to it. Nate and Julia, in an effort to show off to their liberal friends, have deprived their children of identity. It is bad enough to deprive a child of physical necessities. This is even worse. They are not allowing their kids to know themselves. Certain crucial and fundamental facts about their own biological nature are being hidden from them. You might as well refuse to tell them what species they belong to, or what planet they live on. You are not freeing them from artificial cultural influences by raising them "neutrally." Rather, you are overriding those influences by imposing a much more artificial, much more confusing, much more damaging one.

It is easy to laugh at self-absorbed, hopelessly trendy, nitwit parents like Nate and Julia. But there is nothing funny happening here. This is psychological child abuse of the most demented kind.   ...
Read entire commentary

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2018, 01:39:19 pm »
Parents are supposed to guide their children to minimize confusion as to what is right or wrong. Is it right or wrong to hit another kid? Is it right or wrong to fling your food against the wall? To feed the goldfish to the cat? To not know which gender you are?

I can't wait to see the parents' faces when these kids are allowed to watch the "Snuffy the Seal" video, or Jurassic Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_i3PPe3i9Y

I was chastised by a do-gooder when I mentioned that I let my 7 YO grandson see it. I laughed it off, and told her "he knows it was a fake video", and that he likes showing it to everyone in the family...he thinks it's one of the funniest things he's ever seen. He also delights in repeating the mantra for Shark Week: it's a bad week to be a seal.   :rolling:

Personally, I suspect nature will take its course in due time with the "theybies", to the chagrin of their parents.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:41:16 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2018, 01:44:12 pm »
Sumthin' tells me that these "parents" are going to be awfully upset when the young'un with female parts decides to be a girl and date boys, and the one with male parts decides to be a boy and date girls...!

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2018, 02:13:00 pm »

@Fishrrman

I am NOT a betting man,but I would almost be willing to bet they are going to do everything they CAN do to make sure the boy thinks he is a girl and the girl thinks she is a boy. Anything else they would consider to be a failure and would keep them from appearing on Oprah,and getting a book or movie deal.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!