Author Topic: Admission that Trump dictated statement on Trump Tower meeting raises new questions  (Read 1273 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Admission that Trump dictated statement on Trump Tower meeting raises new questions
By Brett Samuels - 06/03/18 01:21 PM EDT

President Trump's allies and legal experts faced new questions on Sunday about the legal ramifications of the revelation that the president dictated a letter about a 2016 meeting between his campaign aides and a Russian lawyer, even as his lawyers argue he can't obstruct justice in the special counsel's probe.

"Jay Sekulow said time and time again directly into the faces of the American people on television — Sarah Sanders did the same thing, and said in no uncertain terms... they said the president had nothing to do with that statement by Donald Trump Jr. and didn't draft it, didn't sign off on it," former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"And it turns out that is completely untrue," he said.

Bharara — who was fired by Trump last year — added that, when looked at in full context, the events surrounding the Trump Tower meeting and subsequent fallout may put the president or some of his allies in legal jeopardy.

"You have the lawyer of the president of the United States Jay Sekulow — and, on separate occasions, you have had Rudy Giuliani do this — basically lie to the American people repeatedly," Bharara said

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/390464-admission-trump-dictated-statement-on-trump-tower-meeting-raises-new
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Giuliani, who joined Trump's legal team in April, said on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday that Sekulow was "uninformed" when he originally denied Trump had anything to do with crafting the statement.

In appearances Sunday morning on NBC and ABC, Giuliani also used the shifting explanation surrounding the Trump Tower meeting to bolster his argument for why the president should not agree to an interview with Mueller.

STFU Rudy!!!!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive. 

Offline RoosGirl

You know what Benjamin Franklin said about being able to keep secrets.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Once again, showing us you are a very educated informed erudite person @RoosGirl

Offline RoosGirl

Once again, showing us you are a very educated informed erudite person @RoosGirl

Nah, I've just done a lot of research on how to keep secrets.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Giuliani, who joined Trump's legal team in April, said on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday that Sekulow was "uninformed" when he originally denied Trump had anything to do with crafting the statement.

Maybe, but the president wasn't unaware and let him go out there and state it as fact at least twice, days apart, without correction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/31/trumps-lawyer-repeatedly-denied-trump-was-involved-in-trump-jr-s-statement-but-he-was/?utm_term=.0b5b064631f8
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
You know what Benjamin Franklin said about being able to keep secrets.

No but Gibbs Rules cover it nicely.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

No but Gibbs Rules cover it nicely.

Ben's Rule is much easier; three can keep a secret if two are dead.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Gibbs' Rules #4 - The best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself. Second best? Tell one other person - if you must.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

It's all about the Benjamins.

Offline Concerned

I wonder how much longer Sarah Huckabee Sanders is going to subject herself to this.  On August 1, 2017 she said:

"He (Trump) certainly didn't dictate, but he -- like I said, he weighed in, offered suggestion like any father would do."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/02/politics/trump-lawyers-statement-trump-tower-russians/index.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

I wonder how much longer Sarah Huckabee Sanders is going to subject herself to this.

She gives you the best information possible.  She said so at least 7 times on May 3rd.

! No longer available

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sounds more like a Pirate rule

Offline RoosGirl

Sounds more like a Pirate rule

You know, Ben Franklin was an interesting character.  It would not surprise me in the least to find out he tried his hand at piracy for a short time.