Author Topic: HORROR! Trump Supporter’s Family Stalked By Huffington Post Writer Luke O’Brien – Her Husband Loses  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty, I didn't think the journalist wanted her husband fired; he was looking at the contrast between his work and that of his wife.

I think I missed something -- what did the journalist threaten to do?  Threatening the subject of a news report would definitely be bad.

Publish her address, phone number, etc.  It's in the article you linked from him.  And no, he wanted to get her husband fired, to punish her from having views he did not like.  The author was positively thrilled he succeeded.  There was absolutely no legitimate reason to call his management.  None.  It had nothing to do with what he considers hate speech on the part of his wife.

As an aside, I think it's disturbing you think her speech should be silenced, and it was OK for her husband to be fired.  The insinuation is he should have controlled her.  Consider:  Say your husband writes a blog.  One day your manager calls you in and fires you for something your husband wrote.  Can you think of any set of circumstances where that would be "understandable?"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 10:00:04 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Publish her address, phone number, etc.  It's in the article you linked from him.  And no, he wanted to get her husband fired, to punish her from having views he did not like.  The author was positively thrilled he succeeded.  There was absolutely no legitimate reason to call his management.  None.  It had nothing to do with what he considers hate speech on the part of his wife.

As an aside, I think it's disturbing you think her speech should be silenced, and it was OK for her husband to be fired.  The insinuation is he should have controlled her.  Consider:  Say your husband writes a blog.  One day your manager calls you in and fires you for something your husband wrote.  Can you think of any set of circumstances where that would be "understandable?"

Ooh, @Cyber Liberty, no, I absolutely do not think that.  Eek.  I just reread the Gateway Pundit article and the one I posted, and I missed her address, phone number, email.  Is there another article I missed?

AmyMek has become a public person through her prolific tweeting.  Kelly Anne Conway is also a public spokesperson.  Both of their spouses work in "opposite" fields and/or make contrasting statements of disagreement.  I'm sure Kelly Anne's husband has also fielded questions about his wife's work and his opinions about her statements.  I guess he's lucky his firm doesn't perceive all of this as a conflict of interest.  I would say the WWE is perhaps too gunshy.  They could have simply stated that they weren't interested in their employees' spouses.  I'm sure this man is not the only person working for them whose spouse is a public person.

AmyMek says in her tweets that the writer threatened to post information about her.  It would be interesting to see the emails or whatever he wrote her.  The problem I see, in general, is that too many people will harass and threaten not only individuals who make any public statements, but their uninvolved family members, as well.  She is apparently receiving threats, and the writer here is also receiving threats now.  And on and on it goes.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I found another article from a wrestling journal: http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wwe-exec-fired-amy-mek/#.WxRqRYplChA.  Apparently the WWE knew about his wife's writing and told him it was okay as long as he kept the connection quiet.  Then the journalist called -- first they lied about being aware of her, then they fired him when asked again.

I think WWE deserves some scrutiny in this situation.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ooh, @Cyber Liberty, no, I absolutely do not think that.  Eek.  I just reread the Gateway Pundit article and the one I posted, and I missed her address, phone number, email.  Is there another article I missed?

AmyMek says in her tweets that the writer threatened to post information about her.  It would be interesting to see the emails or whatever he wrote her.  The problem I see, in general, is that too many people will harass and threaten not only individuals who make any public statements, but their uninvolved family members, as well.  She is apparently receiving threats, and the writer here is also receiving threats now.  And on and on it goes.

Thank you!  That was the point I was trying to make.  Silencing speech one doesn't like is bad enough (but De Rigueur these days), but going after loved ones when the attempts to silence fail, in insanely wrong.

Added:  It's also wrong this writer is being threatened.  Giving as he gave may be satisfying to some, but revenge is still wrong.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 10:37:41 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I found another article from a wrestling journal: http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wwe-exec-fired-amy-mek/#.WxRqRYplChA.  Apparently the WWE knew about his wife's writing and told him it was okay as long as he kept the connection quiet.  Then the journalist called -- first they lied about being aware of her, then they fired him when asked again.

I think WWE deserves some scrutiny in this situation.

:thumbsup:
I will NOT comply.