Author Topic: Legal defense fund for Mike Flynn  (Read 2470 times)

BassWrangler

Legal defense fund for Mike Flynn
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:05:49 pm »
Many of you have heard thag Mike Flynn is having to sell his house to pay his legal bills. Reportedly he only did a plea deal because he was running out of money for the lawyers. This is the strategy of Mueller's pitbull, Andrew Weissmann, to overwhelm the victim with the unlimited resources of the state.

I previously lamented the fact that there was no legal defense fund set up for Flynn. Well, it turns out there is, Here is the link :

https://mikeflynndefensefund.org

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Legal defense fund for Mike Flynn
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 01:19:46 pm »
Many of you have heard thag Mike Flynn is having to sell his house to pay his legal bills. Reportedly he only did a plea deal because he was running out of money for the lawyers. This is the strategy of Mueller's pitbull, Andrew Weissmann, to overwhelm the victim with the unlimited resources of the state.

I previously lamented the fact that there was no legal defense fund set up for Flynn. Well, it turns out there is, Here is the link :

https://mikeflynndefensefund.org

What is so great about Flynn??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 01:27:12 pm »

What is so great about Flynn??

Nothing that I know of, but is it reasonable that Mueller is using the infinite resources of the government against a man who's running out of money, making impoverishment a tactic?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 01:30:46 pm »
Nothing that I know of, but is it reasonable that Mueller is using the infinite resources of the government against a man who's running out of money, making impoverishment a tactic?

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for someone who lied (he lied to Mike Pence), nor do I feel sorry for Russian agents.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 01:37:29 pm »

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for someone who lied (he lied to Mike Pence), nor do I feel sorry for Russian agents.

He also pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.  If you don't want the resources of the Federal Government coming after you, don't break the law.  It's really not that hard.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 01:42:50 pm »
He also pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.  If you don't want the resources of the Federal Government coming after you, don't break the law.  It's really not that hard.

I suppose.  But I've never been a fan of the tactics being used by Mueller, even if the defendant is guilty as Hell.  It punishes the whole family whether they deserve it or not.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 01:42:55 pm »

Exactly.. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 01:53:50 pm »

If the FBI tries again to recruit me, and I tell them I respect the organization but will have to decline, will I need a lawyer?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 01:58:51 pm »
If the FBI tries again to recruit me, and I tell them I respect the organization but will have to decline, will I need a lawyer?

If you get a lawyer, you'll probably need him.  After all, what do you have to hide, right?
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 02:10:34 pm »

He plead guilty because they were bankrupting him.   He was charged because he didn't accurately recall a single phone call he made two years earlier. 

He was set up.  They had the call recorded with their FISA warrant.

Meanwhile Hillary and the corrupt FBI keep on going.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 02:11:34 pm »
If you get a lawyer, you'll probably need him.  After all, what do you have to hide, right?

Right.  About 12 years ago, I was interviewed in an FBI political corruption investigation.  The FBI fanned out and surprised about 6-8 of us with 6am visits to our homes.  My wife and I sat down for an interview with an FBI agent without legal counsel.  As I said to my wife, in front of the FBI agent, “We’ll answer every question honestly, but if we’re not 100% sure of an answer, we’re going to make that clear and we won’t hesitate to say ‘I don’t know’ or ‘I’m not sure’ if we don’t know or aren’t 100% sure.” 

I knew we were innocent and didn’t hesitate to talk to the FBI agent without an attorney present, but I wanted to ensure we didn’t fall into a “perjury trap”.  We didn’t.  We simply followed the law and were honest.  Nothing ended up coming from the investigation.  Had Flynn followed this advice, I don’t think he’d be selling his house now.  I really don’t think it’s that hard to be NOT break the law (of course, it sure helps to actually be honest and lawful).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 02:30:24 pm »
Right.  About 12 years ago, I was interviewed in an FBI political corruption investigation.  The FBI fanned out and surprised about 6-8 of us with 6am visits to our homes.  My wife and I sat down for an interview with an FBI agent without legal counsel.  As I said to my wife, in front of the FBI agent, “We’ll answer every question honestly, but if we’re not 100% sure of an answer, we’re going to make that clear and we won’t hesitate to say ‘I don’t know’ or ‘I’m not sure’ if we don’t know or aren’t 100% sure.” 

I knew we were innocent and didn’t hesitate to talk to the FBI agent without an attorney present, but I wanted to ensure we didn’t fall into a “perjury trap”.  We didn’t.  We simply followed the law and were honest.  Nothing ended up coming from the investigation.  Had Flynn followed this advice, I don’t think he’d be selling his house now.  I really don’t think it’s that hard to be NOT break the law (of course, it sure helps to actually be honest and lawful).

I think he got suckered into thinking an interview was a "friendly chat,"  not an "interview."  I'm not sympathetic to that lack of guile, you handled it the right way.  Meanwhile, it appears Mueller did not get what he was after in the plea deal, and is tightening the thumbscrews by going after Flynn's family and life's savings.  I'm even less sympathetic to that.

I probably have a minority view....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 02:37:25 pm »
I think he got suckered into thinking an interview was a "friendly chat,"  not an "interview."  I'm not sympathetic to that lack of guile, you handled it the right way.  Meanwhile, it appears Mueller did not get what he was after in the plea deal, and is tightening the thumbscrews by going after Flynn's family and life's savings.  I'm even less sympathetic to that.

I probably have a minority view....

How is anyone going after "flynn's family and life savings"?

Offline endicom

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 02:46:20 pm »
How is anyone going after "flynn's family and life savings"?

Oh, I dunno.  Liquidating property, threatening Flynn's son with charges.  Little stuff like that.  It's in all the papers.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 02:51:33 pm »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mike-flynn-s-son-subject-federal-russia-probe-n800741

Didn't Flynn hire his son in the transition team? I remember that horse's ass saying a lot of idiotic crap during the process.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 02:58:40 pm »
888high58888
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 03:23:45 pm »
Didn't Flynn hire his son in the transition team? I remember that horse's ass saying a lot of idiotic crap during the process.

Oh, didn't know that.  Sounds like grounds for malicious Prosecution, then.  It's about time we put a stop to that tomfoolery.
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 03:40:23 pm »
Guess we don't need the 4th or 5th amendment anymore.  After all only guilty people would worry about it.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 04:06:06 pm »
Guess we don't need the 4th or 5th amendment anymore.  After all only guilty people would worry about it.

I haven't heard anyone say we no longer need the 4th or 5th Amendments, but if you choose to talk to the FBI (as Flynn did and as I did), I think it's crucial not to lie and to make sure you're 100% accurate in what you do say.  If Flynn really was "suckered into thinking an interview was a 'friendly chat', not an 'interview'" (as asserted above), thank goodness he's no longer National Security Adviser because that strikes me as being incredibly naive and/or incredibly stupid.  Only the best people.   :thumbsdown:

BassWrangler

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 06:24:48 pm »

But what if you mistakenly said something - misremembered - and didn't realize it at the time. This is totally plausible, and if they wanted to, they could have come back and charged you with lying to the FBI.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 06:36:09 pm »
But what if you mistakenly said something - misremembered - and didn't realize it at the time. This is totally plausible, and if they wanted to, they could have come back and charged you with lying to the FBI.

This is especially true if the primary aim of the Agents performing the interview was to set you up, not to gather information.
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 06:36:34 pm »
I haven't heard anyone say we no longer need the 4th or 5th Amendments, but if you choose to talk to the FBI (as Flynn did and as I did), I think it's crucial not to lie and to make sure you're 100% accurate in what you do say.  If Flynn really was "suckered into thinking an interview was a 'friendly chat', not an 'interview'" (as asserted above), thank goodness he's no longer National Security Adviser because that strikes me as being incredibly naive and/or incredibly stupid.  Only the best people.   :thumbsdown:

@Concerned

The guy stopped by his office and asked Flynn some questions.  This wasn't an interview or an interrogation.

Flynn was asked about a phone call he made 2 years prior.   The agent hadn't informed Flynn he was being interviewed.   Flynn did not correctly relay the content of the 2 year old phone call.   The agent knew the call had been recorded via the FISA warrant the FBI knew was based on fake information provided in part by the Clintons.    Arguably an illegal source which even the FBI now admits failed to follow the law for obtaining warrants.

The FBI agents wife was on Clintons payroll.   The FBI agent was making decisions based on his politics.   The FBI sought to use this information to attack a duly elected President with the ultimate goal of removing him.

And you defend the FBI?     Very very few people have the resources to defend against the US govt especially when the govt is lying and cheating.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 06:50:43 pm »
And you defend the FBI?     Very very few people have the resources to defend against the US govt especially when the govt is lying and cheating.

This last part is very important to note:  The FBI guy(s) was lying and cheating, as LEO types do frequently when dealing with suspects.  I'm convinced most of the "crimes" we see people like Flynn get busted for are "process crimes" because there was no underlying crime to begin with.  Martha Stewart did time, and people mistakenly say it was for insider trading, but there wasn't any proven that I know of.  She provided incorrect answers to the investigators.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 07:18:53 pm »
While everyone is getting lacrimonious about Michael Flynn selling his house and his legal situation, there are some things you need to remember.  He was publicly fired twice, by two different presidents, long before being charged.  The second time he was fired, it was over 'an eroding lack of trust,' as Spicer put it.  That alone would restrict his future opportunities working inside the beltway.  Selling and leaving DC was in the cards, anyway.

He's a self-proclaimed life long Democrat from a strongly Democratic Rhode Island family.  In summer 2016, he was on ABC, stating he was pro-choice.  The next day, he was on FOX saying he was pro-life.  The man has a history of being loose with truth and facts.  It's what got him fired twice and in legal trouble. 

Save your tears.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:19:51 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.