Author Topic: Milo Yiannopolous gets married in Hawaii  (Read 1506 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Milo Yiannopolous gets married in Hawaii
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 06:26:30 pm »
I’ve learned more about politics in the last two years than I knew in my lifetime.

If someone is said to be a “solid conservative,” but later you learn they don’t have each and every checkbox marked (each issue checked) exactly as yours, are they no longer “solid” conservatives?

In my opinion, Reagan was right and I’ll take Reagan’s 80 percent is good-enough-for-now analysis of how to win in politics.

Yet every time I cite Reagan's words and guidelines, I get told off Here by folks who "know better."

In 1964 many would determine that conservatism had no further chance. (Goldwater defeat)

In 1972 many would determine liberalism had no further chance. (McGovern defeat)

History:

"Log Cabin Republicans was founded in 1977 in California as a rallying point for Republicans opposed to the Briggs Initiative, which attempted to ban homosexuals from teaching in public schools. In addition to sanctioning the termination of openly gay and lesbian teachers, the proposed legislation authorized the firing of those teachers that supported homosexuality.[5]

While mounting his imminent presidential campaign, Ronald Reagan publicly expressed his opposition to the discriminatory policy. Reagan's condemnation of the bill—epitomized in a letter sent to a pro-Briggs group, excerpts of which were re-printed in the San Francisco Chronicle in 1978—played an influential role in the eventual defeat of the Briggs Initiative.[6]

In the midst of this victory, gay conservatives in California created the Log Cabin Republicans."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Log_Cabin_Republicans

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln