Author Topic: BREAKING: President Trump Has Chosen a New FBI Director  (Read 434 times)

rangerrebew

BREAKING: President Trump Has Chosen a New FBI Director
« on: June 07, 2017, 12:01:08 pm »

Katie Pavlich

Posted: Jun 07, 2017 7:48 AM

After weeks of searching and deliberation, President Trump has nominated Christopher Wray to be the new director of the FBI.
Wray Trump fired former Director James Comey in May, citing bipartisan criticism of his performance. This is a breaking story, stay tuned for updated.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/06/07/breaking-fbi-director-n2337641
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:01:40 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: BREAKING: President Trump Has Chosen a New FBI Director
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 12:26:40 pm »
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump · 40m40 minutes ago 
I will be nominating Christopher A. Wray, a man of impeccable credentials, to be the new Director of the FBI. Details to follow.

http://www.kslaw.com/people/Christopher-Wray

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 12:27:09 pm »
I wonder how long the Senate will fight him on this appointment?

--more---

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/07/trump-to-nominate-christopher-wray-to-be-fbi-director.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 12:28:42 pm »
 Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I will be nominating Christopher A. Wray, a man of impeccable credentials, to be the new Director of the FBI. Details to follow.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 12:41:43 pm »
His background in corporate fraud and white collar crime makes me think a massive investigation of The Clinton Foundation is on the horizon.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 01:44:41 pm »
WHO IS CHRISTOPHER WARY?

From CNBC: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/07/who-is-christopher-wray-donald-trump-nominates-new-fbi-boss.html

EXCERPT:

Christopher A. Wray, President Donald Trump's pick to succeed James Comey as FBI director, led the federal investigation of Enron and represented Gov. Chris Christie in the Bridgegate scandal.

In a tweet Wednesday morning, Trump said Wray had "impeccable credentials."

Trump tweet: "I will be nominating Christopher A. Wray, a man of impeccable credentials, to be the new Director of the FBI. Details to follow."

Wray was nominated by President George W. Bush as assistant attorney general in charge of the Criminal Division, according to the Justice Department. He held that job from 2003 to 2005.

Wray, a Yale Law School graduate, served on the President's Corporate Fraud Task Force and oversaw the Enron Task Force and other major fraud investigations, according to the Washington law firm King & Spaulding, where he is a litigation partner.

The FBI says the Enron probe was the "largest and most complex white-collar investigation" in the agency's history.

Wray specializes in white collar law and internal investigations, according to the Justice Department site. He represented the New Jersey governor in the scandal surrounding the closing of lanes on the George Washington Bridge in 2013 as a way to attack political opponents. Christie was never charged but two of his allies were convicted.

Before Wray became an assistant attorney general at the Justice Department, he was principal associate deputy attorney General.

Wray led the Enron Task Force when he was with the Department of Justice.

He represented New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie during the investigation into the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case.

(Excerpt) Read more at above link....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:45:18 pm by SirLinksALot »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 02:21:53 pm »
Wasn't Wray the one who concealed evidence during the Bridgegate scandal?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink