Author Topic: Trump tweets for his travel ban as drama unfolds in London  (Read 8839 times)

Oceander

Re: Trump tweets for his travel ban as drama unfolds in London
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2017, 06:47:31 pm »
This sounds pretty close to what this guy said.  Do you agree we just need to accept this and not take every means possible to stop it....or slow it down.  Is not one life saved worth this vetting? @Oceander ?

Vetting individuals as they seek to enter is fine with me, but that's not what Trump's ban is about.  Trump's ban is a nostrum intended to make it look like something is being done when it not only won't be an improvement over the current system, it will incentivize the bad guys to travel from other countries, which they can quite easily do, making it all that much harder to spot them.  And by making them harder to spot and catch, Trump's ban puts more lives in jeopardy, not fewer.  It seems to me that saving lives is more important than empty rhetoric like Trumps ban, and doing the hard work of catching the bad guys, not wasting immigration and border control resources on a pointless ban.  Trump's ban is just like the Paris Agreement he just pulled the US out of:  an empty gesture in moral signaling that carries with it substantial real costs and few real benefits. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2017, 06:50:44 pm »
Vetting individuals as they seek to enter is fine with me, but that's not what Trump's ban is about. .../

But it is. 

Oceander

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2017, 06:52:30 pm »
But it is. 

But it's not. It's a ban on people traveling from certain areas.  People traveling from other areas don't get any greater examination or vetting.  If you're a terrorist, you simply travel from one of those other areas and you avoid the effect of the ban in its entirety. 

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2017, 06:57:57 pm »
But it's not. It's a ban on people traveling from certain areas.  People traveling from other areas don't get any greater examination or vetting.  If you're a terrorist, you simply travel from one of those other areas and you avoid the effect of the ban in its entirety.

We fundamentally disagree here.

Enjoy your day @Oceander

Oceander

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2017, 06:59:06 pm »
We fundamentally disagree here.

Enjoy your day @Oceander

:shrug:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2017, 07:29:33 pm »
A travel ban on a few selected countries makes almost no sense because it would be a huge waste of customs and immigration resources and would mainly only inconvenience legitimate travelers. Those with nefarious plots will simply plan around it and enter with a passport from a non ban country.

Exactly it is merely lip service at a cost.  The map showed all the terrorist attacks in Europe.  These devils are everywhere.  The stuff I posted showed that Mexico is a terrorist highway.  The news simply doesn't report the real threat to our safety.  I find also leaving the FBI without a Director is a huge problem when we have such threats right here on American soil.

Here is my prescription for terrorist training camps in the U.S

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2017, 07:33:01 pm »
Vetting individuals as they seek to enter is fine with me, but that's not what Trump's ban is about.  Trump's ban is a nostrum intended to make it look like something is being done when it not only won't be an improvement over the current system, it will incentivize the bad guys to travel from other countries, which they can quite easily do, making it all that much harder to spot them.  And by making them harder to spot and catch, Trump's ban puts more lives in jeopardy, not fewer.  It seems to me that saving lives is more important than empty rhetoric like Trumps ban, and doing the hard work of catching the bad guys, not wasting immigration and border control resources on a pointless ban.  Trump's ban is just like the Paris Agreement he just pulled the US out of:  an empty gesture in moral signaling that carries with it substantial real costs and few real benefits.

This!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2017, 07:34:15 pm »
Vetting individuals as they seek to enter is fine with me, but that's not what Trump's ban is about. 

A significant part of vetting individuals depends on quality of information from the sending country.

The countries in Trump's ban, are those for which the quality of information from the sending country is not reliable.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2017, 07:35:11 pm »
:beer: Chosen, RIV is correct.  You can wave your white flag if you wish. I am willing to fight for the Red, White and Blue.  No offense, but it is sheer lunacy to continue to allow people from areas of known terrorism into our country or to assume a defeatist attitude before we have Europe's problems.  These camps have been set up for quite awhile; all they need is more manpower, our military and police force to be diminished or incapacitated and our citizenry to be disarmed.  Something Bammy and the liberal left lunatics have been pushing for.

I firmly stand with President Trump on this issue.

See my last couple posts.  And Oceander has made clear the truth of the issue.

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2017, 07:50:06 pm »
Exactly it is merely lip service at a cost.  The map showed all the terrorist attacks in Europe.  These devils are everywhere. 

Not according to this map @Chosen Daughter

If the vetting proposed by the President isn't enough for you, are you proposing a total stop of all immigration/refugees?

Oceander

« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2017, 07:53:02 pm »
A significant part of vetting individuals depends on quality of information from the sending country.

The countries in Trump's ban, are those for which the quality of information from the sending country is not reliable.

So simply require border control to accept only reliable information, regardless of where the individual is from, and be done with it.  Why go to the pointless inflammatory exercise of singling out certain Muslim countries to get heightened treatment, and leave everyone else with the same inadequate requirements?  The bad guys will simply come in from those other countries, making the ban ineffective at actually stopping bad guys, but very effective at inflaming political issues. 

Oceander

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2017, 07:54:05 pm »

If the vetting proposed by the President isn't enough for you, are you proposing a total stop of all immigration/refugees?

Correlation is not causation.  The map, even if true, does not validate Trumps partial travel ban. 

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2017, 07:59:22 pm »
The map, even if true, does not validate Trumps partial travel ban.

Then you're for a full stop on immigration in addition to extreme vetting for all foreign visitors.  I think this is worth looking into.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2017, 08:50:18 pm »

I am for safe zones in their own countries of origin.  They should stay in their own countries.  Young men should be fighting for their own freedom and the freedoms of their families in their own countries.  If they are truly refugee's who fear for their safety the best thing is to provide safe zones.

And yes vet everybody coming into this country on a visa.  If they cannot be vetted they cannot come.

Oceander is absolutely right.  Trumps ban will do little and cost lots.  Won't stop someone who want to come here and join their terrorist buddies.  They can simply come by entering from another country.  Even from the Mexican border. 

Furthermore placing a ban will stop Christians who are being slaughtered in a genocide in the ME.  I am against denying Christians safe haven from ISIS genocide. 

Also I noticed no comment from you on the terrorist training camps in America.  Nor did you comment on how they are coming in from Mexico.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:56:41 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2017, 08:54:03 pm »
Correlation is not causation.  The map, even if true, does not validate Trumps partial travel ban.

It's also because Poland has made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that Islam is incompatible with Polish society.     So frankly,  why would any Muslim want to live in a country where they will be made to feel unwelcome?

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2017, 09:07:57 pm »
Also I noticed no comment from you on the terrorist training camps in America.  Nor did you comment on how they are coming in from Mexico.

I realize it may seem like it @Chosen Daughter ... but I don't live on the forum or reply to every post.   :laugh:

Thanks for your reply

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2017, 09:10:05 pm »

Exactly.  It's not perfect but it is certainly a step in the right direction.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2017, 09:12:16 pm »
I realize it may seem like it @Chosen Daughter ... but I don't live on the forum or reply to every post.   :laugh:

Thanks for your reply

Well when you are living on the forum you could read some of the posts before you post three more.  I only made that comment after you posted a few times since I placed the information.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2017, 09:24:06 pm »

If he was truly serious about vetting he'd have included Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2017, 09:26:30 pm »
If he was truly serious about vetting he'd have included Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Egypt, Lebanon, France, Sweden, Germany, Britain, Russia..............
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 09:29:21 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2017, 09:28:51 pm »
Egypt, Lebanon, France, Sweden, Germany, Britain, Russia...............

Yes sadly now those places too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2017, 09:31:49 pm »
Yes sadly now those places too.

And if we are honest right here in New York, Washington, California, Minnesota...............on and on and on.  Time to actually do something about it.

Stop Sharia extremism now.  Federal Law.

Offline endicom

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2017, 10:06:33 pm »
Trump's proposed bans were temporary, for just a few months, so the arguments here look foolish. The onus is on Congress.

Online libertybele

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2017, 10:27:25 pm »

Additionally, individuals are to be vetted before entry into the U.S.  Frankly, in light of what is continuing to happen over in Europe, I think at this point in time we need to place a moratorium on ALL immigration into this country, not just particular areas; and we also need to BUILD THE WALL!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2017, 10:28:37 pm »
Whatever. :shrug: