Author Topic: Jeff Sessions' Explanation for Re-instituting the Discriminatory War on Drugs Is Flagrant BS (title edited)  (Read 8072 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Here is another.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=persistent%20cannabis%20users%20and%20meier

Thanks for those two links, to studies. But neither answers my question about How Much?

How Much Marijuana, How Often, for How Long. And How Much Damage?

My position now is no drugs before reaching adult. Once 21 year old adult, pot becomes legal-like alcohol.

Education is important. Teach kids at home, and in school about the harms from both.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

I have genuine fibromyalgia diagnosed by a neurologist.  I take five pills for it so I can function, and one is hydrocodone.  My doc has to go through many hoops to write the prescription and I have to go through more to get it from the pharmacy.  I have no doubt Sessions will do something to make it even harder to get.

The idea is, if a person takes one of those prescribed pills, he/she will become an addict.  That is garbage thinking.   The govn. does this because they can and know people who need them will have to abide by their rules.  It is easier to keep those pills from good people than go after drug dealers. 

I can only get the prescription if I see the doc.  He is not allowed to call in a prescription for these pills.  He has to physically hand me the prescription and I have to sign a statement he gave it to me.  Then, I have to physically hand the prescription to a pharmacist and listen to him/her issue me a warning how to take them.   The next month, have to go see doctor again, he writes another prescription, hands it to me and I go through the same process every single month.  Can only get them one month at a time.

Now, if I wanted to do myself in, I could do it with that one month's supply, just take them all at once.  Or, I could drink enough alcohol at one time to kill myself.  Or, I could buy over the counter drugs and take enough of them to kill me.  Or, I could use a gun to kill myself.  Oh, no, those little pills are much worse than other ways to do myself in.  This is ridiculous.

Offline rodamala

The problem I have with weed is that it causes permanent brain damage to people under the age of 28,  and it is also how most people get started doing the heavy stuff.   

If they put an age limit on it,  and require proof of assets sufficient to keep you off the dole,   then I don't have a problem with people getting stoned on weed.   

I know a bunch of retired people who smoke the stuff,  and since they aren't sucking up welfare and since they aren't trying to push the stuff on young people,   I don't care.   

But yeah,  i've known a lot of people that wrecked their and other's lives on the hard stuff.   I've known several people who died as a result of crack and meth.

All the potheads I have known, and I have known many, are the laziest pieces of shit I ever met.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I have genuine fibromyalgia diagnosed by a neurologist.  I take five pills for it so I can function, and one is hydrocodone.  My doc has to go through many hoops to write the prescription and I have to go through more to get it from the pharmacy.  I have no doubt Sessions will do something to make it even harder to get.

The idea is, if a person takes one of those prescribed pills, he/she will become an addict.  That is garbage thinking.   The govn. does this because they can and know people who need them will have to abide by their rules.  It is easier to keep those pills from good people than go after drug dealers. 

I can only get the prescription if I see the doc.  He is not allowed to call in a prescription for these pills.  He has to physically hand me the prescription and I have to sign a statement he gave it to me.  Then, I have to physically hand the prescription to a pharmacist and listen to him/her issue me a warning how to take them.   The next month, have to go see doctor again, he writes another prescription, hands it to me and I go through the same process every single month.  Can only get them one month at a time.

Now, if I wanted to do myself in, I could do it with that one month's supply, just take them all at once.  Or, I could drink enough alcohol at one time to kill myself.  Or, I could buy over the counter drugs and take enough of them to kill me.  Or, I could use a gun to kill myself.  Oh, no, those little pills are much worse than other ways to do myself in.  This is ridiculous.

That's a nightmare scenario .... sorry you have to go through it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yep. Education costs would plummet.

Of course not children.  You have to be 21 to buy cigarettes or alcohol.  It would be the same for this program.

No program will be without failures but no sensible program to control drugs by making them legal could be worse than the situation we have now.

Our entire law enforcement agencies probably spend 90% of their time on drug enforcement; on drug dealers; on murders among drug dealers. 

Offline goodwithagun

We need to completely end the WOD while simultaneously eliminating any taxpayer funded drug rehab programs. We have Head Start, DARE, phys ed, health, home ec, etc. that teach kids about the perils of drug use. It's going to take people dying in the gutters to fix this problem. Here's an interesting anecdote: My husband is a full time firefighter. Creapy creaper @mirraflake can attest to that. Any hoo, first responders carry Narcan for drug ods. They do not carry Epipens. Additionally, permission is required for Epipen admin; nothing is required for Narcan.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Diogenes wrote:
"Secondly, the bad aspects of this fake so called "War on Drugs" are far less of a problem than legalizing drugs.
Legalized drugs killed 100 million people in China.   The only people who want to legalize drugs are ignorant morons."

Bravo for speaking the truth.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Of course not children.  You have to be 21 to buy cigarettes or alcohol.  It would be the same for this program.

No program will be without failures but no sensible program to control drugs by making them legal could be worse than the situation we have now.

Our entire law enforcement agencies probably spend 90% of their time on drug enforcement; on drug dealers; on murders among drug dealers.

Of course not for kids. I should have stayed the obvious I guess.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Diogenes wrote:
"Secondly, the bad aspects of this fake so called "War on Drugs" are far less of a problem than legalizing drugs.
Legalized drugs killed 100 million people in China.   The only people who want to legalize drugs are ignorant morons."

Bravo for speaking the truth.

Okay, I've researched the China thing some people keep bringing up.  It was a totally different time and a totally different kind of society.  Not applicable to the here and now in the U.S.

Mostly useful as another tool to scare fear mongers who refuse to take a look at the pros and cons of legalization.

Offline Frank Cannon

Actually, it makes me feel worse but not worse enough to do drugs.

Cool. More for me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Cool. More for me.

You are probably the only person on this forum who makes me LOL.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Everything about this article is bullshit.     Drug laws aren't discriminatory,  you have 3% of the young black male population committing 40-50% of all crime.    Reflecting this in prosecutions and convictions is exactly what objectivity demands. 

Secondly,   the bad aspects of this fake so called "War on Drugs"   are far less of a problem than legalizing drugs. 

Legalized drugs killed 100 million people in China.   The only people who want to legalize drugs are ignorant morons.
Why shoah 'nuff they's discrimineratory.
Think of all that BLACK tar heroin coming in, from Mexico. Why makin that there illegal's a discriminatory two-fer, black and mescan.
(Yes, all that was sarcasm). The author is foolish at best.

Drug abuse does not occur in a vacuum. The effects on those who are merely the 'collateral damage' of the user are incalculable, wildly destructive, impoverishing, and deadly.

That without going into the violent acts which often accompany the drug trade, and those committed by people under the influence of those drugs which would not go away with legalization.

Alcohol, which so many attempt to compare other drug abuse with causes enough problems, you'd think we'd have learned.

We won't ever eliminate alcohol, it is too ingrained in human culture, but that doesn't mean we need to set the table for other drugs by losing our resolve to fight them.

The legacy of the Obama policy?
An ongoing and blossoming heroin problem, only now, it's new, improved, darker and has Fentanyl, for that extra 'kick' (and a huge increase in ODs.).
The police in small town ND are carrying narcan, and have saved lives by administering it and CPR. Wonderful, stuff.
Continued contempt for Federal Law as States legalize pot for recreational use.
Drug tests which used to have 4 panels now have 12, and there are new compounds every day.
It's more of the Choom Gang legacy, and one more trend we need to reverse.
Considering their fondness for Cloward-Piven, it seems as if they were out to commit as much destruction to America and American Culture as possible to effectively put the next administration in a situation of having to do repairs so extensive that any actual new policy would be difficult to implement.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Okay, I've researched the China thing some people keep bringing up.  It was a totally different time and a totally different kind of society.  Not applicable to the here and now in the U.S.

Mostly useful as another tool to scare fear mongers who refuse to take a look at the pros and cons of legalization.
:silly:

Because when we do things doomed to failure, we'll get it right?  **nononono*

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
:silly:

Because when we do things doomed to failure, we'll get it right?  **nononono*

You seem to be assuming that is is not a horrible failure with what we are doing right now.

Offline Smokin Joe

You seem to be assuming that is is not a horrible failure with what we are doing right now.
There are many issues that I have with what is being done now.

Asserting that there is a "War" on while some jurisdictions undermine the effort by legalizing drugs or refusing to prosecute.

I'm damned unhappy with the way the Bill of Rights gets trashed, but the war on drugs isn't the only excuse waved to do that.

If we are going to fight it, and we should fight it IMHO, let's make sure the Constitution and Bill of Rights are abided by, that convictions are achieved within the Rule of Law, and then that the punishments for breaking the law are harsh enough that they will be a real and serious deterrent.

The problem with the 'war' is that under Obama the 'generals' have been slacking and telling their people to not bother. What have we gained during the Obama Administration? The enrichment of violent Mexican and Central American drug cartels who have been aided and abetted by immigration enforcement policy, BATFE and DOJ assisted gun running, and lax drug enforcement policy. There's a war all right, and the Obama Administration has been waging it--on America. Paybacks! Get those cracker kids hooked.

We can win if we fight it. It's past time to point the 'troops' in the right direction and fight for a change.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Thank you Jeff Sessions. This is definitely a fight I want to see fought for many reasons.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mirraflake

My husband is a full time firefighter. Creapy creaper @mirraflake can attest to that.

Really? Creapy creaper?  You mentioned you was a teacher and your husband was a FF at least 5 times on this site and when I mentioned your professions on another thread it to make a point you said I was stalking you.

You are  a hoot.

@goodwithagun

Offline goodwithagun

Really? Creapy creaper?  You mentioned you was a teacher and your husband was a FF at least 5 times on this site and when I mentioned your professions on another thread it to make a point you said I was stalking you.

You are  a hoot.

@goodwithagun

You "was" a hoot, also.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

You are  a hoot.

@goodwithagun

Nice nipples, by the way.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline anubias

creepy creeper
Definition:  the guy at the party that stands in a corner and talks to no one, but stares at all the women
Swaney was a real creepy creeper at Club 33...
#creepy#creeper#creepycreeper#loner#stalker

According to Urban Dictionary, you're a bad dude mirraflake.  8-O

Had to look it up as I've never heard the term "creapy creaper" before. 

Unless he meant "crepey crepier", which in that case, you should try applying some lotion to your arms before you make your crepes.   :shrug:

And I want even mention a "crappy crapper".   :nometalk:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:45:01 pm by anubias »

Offline goodwithagun

creepy creeper
Definition:  the guy at the party that stands in a corner and talks to no one, but stares at all the women
Swaney was a real creepy creeper at Club 33...
#creepy#creeper#creepycreeper#loner#stalker

According to Urban Dictionary, you're a bad dude mirraflake.  8-O

Had to look it up as I've never heard the term "creapy creaper" before.

To go through somebody's web history in order to gain info on them is called "creeping." For example, "Don't post that pic in case my boss creeps my Facebook page." Plus the nipple avatar seals the deal.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline anubias

To go through somebody's web history in order to gain info on them is called "creeping." For example, "Don't post that pic in case my boss creeps my Facebook page." Plus the nipple avatar seals the deal.

His avatar is a pic of you, goodwithagun?

Shame on you, @mirraflake !   :chairbang:

Offline goodwithagun

His avatar is a pic of you, goodwithagun?

Shame on you, @mirraflake !   :chairbang:

Close, but after nursing three kids a year each those boobs are certainly more . . . um . . . unnatural than mine. I'm okay with that, though. I wear my pregnancy marks like battle scars with better stories!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mirraflake

LOL I never went through your thread history. You have posted you and your hubbies professions so many times how could we not forget.

BTW @Wingnut  also has nipple slip but no one says a word because he is one of you. But you don't like my stance on a few issues and you attack, attack, attack.

@goodwithagun

Offline goodwithagun

LOL I never went through your thread history. You have posted you and your hubbies professions so many times how could we not forget.

BTW @Wingnut  also has nipple slip but no one says a word because he is one of you. But you don't like my stance on a few issues and you attack, attack, attack.

@goodwithagun

Hey @Wingnut , apparently you are "one of" me? I'm not sure what the op means, but he/she needs to learn to take a complement  :silly: It's like a Sinfeld episode  :silly: Mulva?
I stand with Roosgirl.