Author Topic: 'It is over': Congress certifies Donald Trump's victory  (Read 3905 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: 'It is over': Congress certifies Donald Trump's victory
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 04:09:41 pm »
Oh, yeah........... and I have also spent time discussing the TV series, The Vikings, and even posted a photo of Floki.

This one......

The truth matters, @DCPatriot ............. just because you're mad at the world doesn't mean you have to lie about me, and say such crude things....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 04:13:28 pm »

snip

YAWN!   I'll let you have the last word, otherwise you'll never STHU.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 05:21:20 pm »
To hell they are.

I've been watching and reading their blatant passive aggressiveness for months.  And I'm sick of it.

Where in the hell are you and the rest of the MODS when every time @truth_seeker or @Right_in_Virginia make a post....only to see those two run to attack them.

The silence is deafening.  @musiclady 's sanctimony is nauseating.   

I was told by MOD3 the other day I was a "good egg" for removing my signature meme, with the word "shit" in it.

Meanwhile we have @Wingnut and @Frank Cannon posting their usual risque crudeness in virtually every post.....as if they were in some kind of comedic elimination match.   BTW....their posts don't upset me personally, but for chrissakes....show a but of consistency, man.

DC I consider you a friend as I do MusicLady.  I remember back when we all got along and the attacks weren't personally directed ... just sayin'.  Anyway you cut it people's personalities (on line as well) have changed since Trump entered the picture which really hasn't been for the better.  Some are just as ruthless, crass and bombastic as he is and IMHO speaks volumes.

I am NOT a Trump supporter by any means, but I will be the first one to defend him against the outlandish accusations and comments by the left. As for Trump, first and foremost we need a leader not someone who is going to set an example to our youth and to the LIV's of that of a 5th grade bully or some playboy!

Meanwhile, I have given Trump a clean slate and I pray to God he acts like a President and leads this country down a much better path and shows the World that America and Americans can be respected again.

We don't have any control over how the Mods react, but we do have control over how we act and react. Yes, there seems to be some inconsistency; but it is their forum and they're human. As for Frank and Wingnut, IMHO they feed off each others humor and it's part of their personality. I don't see them really meaning any harm and certainly don't take a lot of what they say seriously.

Peace to you and Music.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 05:26:37 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 05:34:39 pm »
DC I consider you a friend as I do MusicLady.  I remember back when we all got along and the attacks weren't personally directed ... just sayin'.  Anyway you cut it people's personalities (on line as well) have changed since Trump entered the picture which really hasn't been for the better.  Some are just as ruthless, crass and bombastic as he is and IMHO speaks volumes.

I am NOT a Trump supporter by any means, but I will be the first one to defend him against the outlandish accusations and comments by the left. As for Trump, first and foremost we need a leader not someone who is going to set an example to our youth and to the LIV's of that of a 5th grade bully or some playboy!

Meanwhile, I have given Trump a clean slate and I pray to God he acts like a President and leads this country down a much better path and shows the World that America and Americans can be respected again.

We don't have any control over how the Mods react, but we do have control over how we act and react. Yes, there seems to be some inconsistency; but it is their forum and they're human. As for Frank and Wingnut, IMHO they feed off each others humor and it's part of their personality. I don't see them really meaning any harm and certainly don't take a lot of what they say seriously.

Peace to you and Music.

I'll try harder, @libertybele ....to live up to your standards.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 05:37:13 pm »
Meanwhile we have @Wingnut and @Frank Cannon posting their usual risque crudeness in virtually every post.....as if they were in some kind of comedic elimination match.   

Okay, you make a good point here.

It stands in stark contrast, but I'll give credit where due.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2017, 05:47:36 pm »
   I'll try harder, @libertybele ....to live up to your standards.    :beer:

Good grief.  I'll take that your comment was meant with some sarcasm and humor... at any rate, I liked this forum much better when my forum buddies were getting along ... just sayin'. Peace.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2017, 06:03:26 pm »
Oh, yeah........... and I have also spent time discussing the TV series, The Vikings, and even posted a photo of Floki.

This one......

The truth matters, @DCPatriot ............. just because you're mad at the world doesn't mean you have to lie about me, and say such crude things....

@musiclady

Off-topic but I just have to say this one thing.  I am not happy with the politically correct direction they're taking with his character.  It's totally implausible, especially for him.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2017, 06:18:48 pm »
@musiclady

Off-topic but I just have to say this one thing.  I am not happy with the politically correct direction they're taking with his character.  It's totally implausible, especially for him.

What season are you watching, @CatherineofAragon ?  We're in Season 4, and I'm not remembering anything particular from previous seasons.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 06:19:15 pm »
Meanwhile we have @Wingnut and @Frank Cannon posting their usual risque crudeness in virtually every post.....as if they were in some kind of comedic elimination match.   BTW....their posts don't upset me personally, but for chrissakes....show a but of consistency, man.

Our posts are GD classy you son of a b. None of our shit is crude and offensive......and if any of it is, it's @Wingnut fault.

Wingnut

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2017, 06:23:08 pm »
Our posts are GD classy you son of a b. None of our shit is crude and offensive......and if any of it is, it's @Wingnut fault.

Yeah, what my A-hole friend said.  Hey wait.... what.  I'm innocent, just call home and ask my wife.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2017, 06:30:39 pm »

Let it be known that I respond to truth seeker when he repeatedly attacks THIS FORUM.  I have Right in Virginia on perpetual Ignore, and only respond to her when she personally attacks me (and I accidentally see it), as she did on this thread.  Otherwise I couldn't give a rip about what she says and enjoy not seeing anything she says, let alone responding to it..

:bs: @musiclady   I have read your posts going on for miles "discussing" me personally with others.  Stop being so disingenuous---it conflicts with your claim to superior ethics and morality.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 06:31:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2017, 06:45:39 pm »

:silly:   :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2017, 06:46:45 pm »
Yeah, what my A-hole friend said.  Hey wait.... what.  I'm innocent, just call home and ask my wife.

:laugh: :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2017, 06:50:38 pm »

I called your wife and when I mentioned your name she just hung up on me!  :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 06:51:20 pm by libertybele »

Wingnut

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2017, 06:55:47 pm »
I called your wife and when I mentioned your name she just hung up on me!  :shrug:

That wasn't my wife!  :nometalk:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2017, 07:12:40 pm »
That wasn't my wife!  :nometalk:

:laughingdog:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2017, 08:43:49 pm »
To hell they are.

I've been watching and reading their blatant passive aggressiveness for months.  And I'm sick of it.

Where in the hell are you and the rest of the MODS when every time @truth_seeker or @Right_in_Virginia make a post....only to see those two run to attack them.

The silence is deafening.  @musiclady 's sanctimony is nauseating.   

I was told by MOD3 the other day I was a "good egg" for removing my signature meme, with the word "shit" in it.

If you read the original post, it had nothing to do with anyone who supported Trump, including the original poster. It was squarely on topic, about the incompetence and utter silliness of the Democratic Party, whom I would hope would be mutual targets of ridicule from both sides of the Trump debate on the right.

In other words, your accusation of public lewdness all for sitting on a park bench—when my pants were clearly on—was totally uncalled for. DC, I've known you on this board long enough; at the risk of being accused of "sanctimony," you should know better.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2017, 08:57:29 pm »
If you read the original post, it had nothing to do with anyone who supported Trump, including the original poster. It was squarely on topic, about the incompetence and utter silliness of the Democratic Party, whom I would hope would be mutual targets of ridicule from both sides of the Trump debate on the right.

In other words, your accusation of public lewdness all for sitting on a park bench—when my pants were clearly on—was totally uncalled for. DC, I've known you on this board long enough; at the risk of being accused of "sanctimony," you should know better.

The irony of these ugly personal attacks against both of us is that neither of us was attacking anyone but the Democrat party here.

All those nasty words and outrage were utterly wasted, because, as you have said, the targets of our words, the Democrats, should be mutually agreed upon by both Trump and non-Trump posters.

On a thread where we should be united and we should all agree, they chose to divide.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:58:38 pm by musiclady »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2017, 09:01:50 pm »

Now that we're back to the subject of keeping pants on ... please for the love of God,Weird Tolkienish Figure, get some pants on!!  :silly:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2017, 09:12:42 pm »
I've said what I wanted to say regarding the profanity we've seen on TBR to the owner. Accordingly, I'm not making any more comments, and have already made use of the "ignore" function on several members.

Secondly, the incessant personal battles are a big turnoff. If anyone is looking for me between now and the end of the college basketball season, I can be found updating my thread, "The Vineyard." I'm gathering posting material that I think will be beneficial to all that enjoy a good glass of wine, at reasonable prices. I'm not an expert, though I'm definitely an enthusiast.

As to hoops, Gonzaga is 15-0, and we're enjoying a very special team this year. We particularly enjoyed our trip to Nashville to see the Zags beat Tennessee, with stops at the Country Music HOF and Sun Studio in Memphis.

Apologies for being so off-topic. Tschuss!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2017, 09:14:41 pm »
I've said what I wanted to say regarding the profanity we've seen on TBR to the owner. Accordingly, I'm not making any more comments, and have already made use of the "ignore" function on several members.

Secondly, the incessant personal battles are a big turnoff. If anyone is looking for me between now and the end of the college basketball season, I can be found updating my thread, "The Vineyard." I'm gathering posting material that I think will be beneficial to all that enjoy a good glass of wine, at reasonable prices. I'm not an expert, though I'm definitely an enthusiast.

As to hoops, Gonzaga is 15-0, and we're enjoying a very special team this year. We particularly enjoyed our trip to Nashville to see the Zags beat Tennessee, with stops at the Country Music HOF and Sun Studio in Memphis.

Apologies for being so off-topic. Tschuss!

No apology necessary.  Your post is much appreciated....

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2017, 01:13:33 am »
What season are you watching, @CatherineofAragon ?  We're in Season 4, and I'm not remembering anything particular from previous seasons.....

@musiclady

We're coming up on the end of season 2.  I have season 4 to date on the DVR, and I had to go and sneak a peek at them.  Not only did I find out an upsetting spoiler, I saw the Spain raid, and Floki's...reaction to something.  I'm hoping they won't go down that path because it would be completely stupid pandering.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2017, 01:31:24 am »
@musiclady

We're coming up on the end of season 2.  I have season 4 to date on the DVR, and I had to go and sneak a peek at them.  Not only did I find out an upsetting spoiler, I saw the Spain raid, and Floki's...reaction to something.  I'm hoping they won't go down that path because it would be completely stupid pandering.

Haven't seen those parts, so I'll keep my eye out and give you my opinion when I see them.

(Don't tell me any details!  We'll be finished with Season 4 by the end of next week and I'll give you my reaction).