Author Topic: BREAKING: Ted Cruz Introduces AWESOME Constitutional Amendment  (Read 6894 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: BREAKING: Ted Cruz Introduces AWESOME Constitutional Amendment
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2017, 07:49:49 pm »
You're right.  It looks hard so we shouldn't even try.  Just go straight to the bloodletting.

You cannot stop tyranny and institutionalized corruption via civil means, regardless how many people are hell bent on such wishful thinking.

The corruption at Mordor on the Potomac is NEVER going to permit or allow itself to be curtailed, indeed we are already a post-Constitutional society adrift without the rule of law being adhered to by the Elites.

So while attempts such as Cruz did here serve the purpose of illustrating that fact - we would be foolish to expect they have any chance of success.

We did not win our independence from the Crown by continually prostrating ourselves before parliament and the throne expecting that all the olive branch petitions would eventually find success with a corrupt oligarchy.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:50:38 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2017, 07:50:21 pm »
@DCPatriot

NO!
   But, my dislike for that Orange buffoon is subsiding abit, unlike your Cruz hatred.

@corbe

I've never posted anything negative about Ted Cruz.   EVER!  You mixing me with somebody else.   

I was for Scott Walker...until he mirrored Fred Thompson's meekness.

Once Trump announced....well....I was THERE!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2017, 07:51:33 pm »
Yes.  Next question!

Glad to see that YOU have, @Doug Loss    :beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2017, 07:54:40 pm »
  My sincere apologies @DCPatriot ,  it was @TomSea that was accusing Cruz of possibly hotdogging, and if anyone knows hotdogging it's a trumpster.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2017, 07:55:52 pm »
The poor snowflakes are still whining about #nevertrump - wow!

To be fair, Evan McMuffin has been on a Twitter hissyfit since he failed worse that Harold Stassen.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2017, 07:57:23 pm »
  My sincere apologies @DCPatriot ,  it was @TomSea that was accusing Cruz of possibly hotdogging, and if anyone knows hotdogging it's a trumpster.

No offense taken, @corbe.     :beer:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2017, 08:11:51 pm »
You cannot stop tyranny and institutionalized corruption via civil means, regardless how many people are hell bent on such wishful thinking.

The corruption at Mordor on the Potomac is NEVER going to permit or allow itself to be curtailed, indeed we are already a post-Constitutional society adrift without the rule of law being adhered to by the Elites.

So while attempts such as Cruz did here serve the purpose of illustrating that fact - we would be foolish to expect they have any chance of success.

We did not win our independence from the Crown by continually prostrating ourselves before parliament and the throne expecting that all the olive branch petitions would eventually find success with a corrupt oligarchy.

No, but you do have to try all civil means at your disposal before resorting to other means, both because its the right thing to do and to help convince those who are not fully convinced.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2017, 08:51:02 pm »
I would tweak it to "consecutive" term limits. A congressman could only serve 2 or 3 consecutive terms before they have to step aside for a single term to be eligible to run again. A good man could be useful for a long time without getting overly comfortable in the seat.

My congressman served a term, was voted out then voted back in 2 years later and has been there for 3 more terms.

Good idea and the spirit is willing, but I detect a strategic flaw in that because then politicians could establish what amounts to "tag teams" (like in wrestling) where two political heavies trade off filling each other's slots for a single term break, so that instead of having only one virtually-permanent Senator or Congress-critter, we have a two-headed monster.

Another potential flaw would be that the way seniority was chosen would change. Currently a candidate in the Senate benefits by seniority, especially in their own state. When you look at the types of candidates that have been helped by seniority in the GOP, it certainly is a good selling point for term limits (McCain, McConnell). But then there may be other examples that I am missing of committee chairs and senior Senators who do a lot of good for both the Senate, the GOP and their own states which would tend to lessen the value of limits.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:53:56 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2017, 09:04:11 pm »
No, but you do have to try all civil means at your disposal before resorting to other means, both because its the right thing to do and to help convince those who are not fully convinced.

I'm addressing the mindset that insists that all we have to do is elect someone to high office, introduce a Constitutional Amendment or have an Article V Convention of States and all our woes will be magically fixed by the mere effort.

The reality is that it will take more than the vast majority are willing to risk, and the only efforts most will support are the aforementioned.

And none of those are going to arrest the institutionalized corruption and collectivist tyranny we currently willingly suffer as a former Republic.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2017, 09:13:53 pm »
One simple question....yes or no, please?

Have the forum #nevertrumps been able "to move forward"?   

Hey partner... I always move forward.  :patriot:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2017, 09:16:47 pm »

Wholeheartedly agree.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2017, 09:21:27 pm »
I would have hoped you gave up Cruz bashing as a New Year's resolution, but I see you have resolved to continue the your primary season douchbaggery straight through to Trump's impeachment.

Frankly, I am tired of all the T-bashing as well - and I have not been his fan.  But, he has a big job to do now - some say an impossible job - and I'm gonna do my best to allow him to figure it out. 
John Steinbeck

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2017, 09:29:42 pm »
I would have hoped you gave up Cruz bashing as a New Year's resolution, but I see you have resolved to continue the your primary season douchbaggery straight through to Trump's impeachment.

Leave it to the Cruz-bots to come back with personal attacks, there is nothing but Trump bashing here all day long but look who cries first when they get a dose of their own medicine.

Douchebaggery, good description of the Trump haters here indeed..

Let alone, what Cruz and DeSantis propose would not have a chance at even being signed without a Republican president, but hey, you can count on your fingers who said they wouldn't vote for Trump.

Too hot in the kitchen...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:36:07 pm by TomSea »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2017, 09:36:16 pm »
Leave it to the Cruz-bots to come back with personal attacks, there is nothing but Trump bashing here all day long but look who cries first when they get a dose of their own medicine.

Oh Puhleeze!  Trump is a public figure and going to be the new Dear Leader.  We have every right and responsibility to bash him when he acts as Trump is wont to do. 

It's not a 'personal attack' to bash Trump all the day long - as he and his devoted mobs give us plenty of material.   However, we understand that some of you are so far up his hind-end in posterior-kissing devotion that you would assume that to criticize Trump is to engage in personal attacks.

Sorry, your lame attempts to silence dissent is going to fall on deaf ears here.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2017, 09:38:09 pm »

I voted for Cruz,

I didn't vote for a cult.

Again, we see those who voted for Trump helped Cruz along more than his cult-followers.

Yes, so says the person who called McCain "McInsane" and probably gave similar treatment to Romney,

Boo-Hoo

Offline skeeter

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2017, 09:42:30 pm »
Frankly, I am tired of all the T-bashing as well - and I have not been his fan.  But, he has a big job to do now - some say an impossible job - and I'm gonna do my best to allow him to figure it out.

Those blaming Trump for everything are as guilty as those crediting him for everything. Its about the nation, not the politicians. Its simple - if he does something praiseworthy he should receive praise, and visa versa.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2017, 09:54:14 pm »
Those blaming Trump for everything are as guilty as those crediting him for everything. Its about the nation, not the politicians. Its simple - if he does something praiseworthy he should receive praise, and visa versa.

goopo

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2017, 09:56:43 pm »
Go Ted!

Yes, this is something that would pass in a .... even a New York minute ... if put to the voters.  The problem is getting it to the voters through a senile bunch of people who want to stay in office until they atrophy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2017, 09:58:16 pm »
I voted for Cruz,

I didn't vote for a cult.

Again, we see those who voted for Trump helped Cruz along more than his cult-followers.

Yes, so says the person who called McCain "McInsane" and probably gave similar treatment to Romney,

Boo-Hoo

I would feel bad for you but you earn every bit of abuse you get here.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2017, 10:00:26 pm »
Hey partner... I always move forward.  :patriot:

Yes...yes you do, my FRiend.

Wish a certain half-dozen others would consider it, too!    :laugh:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2017, 10:48:26 pm »
How many times now has it been brought up for a vote and got clobbered? The last being 2012 when is was rejected 24 to 75.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2017, 04:25:05 am »
How many times now has it been brought up for a vote and got clobbered? The last being 2012 when is was rejected 24 to 75.

I'm not down with just giving up on it.  I'm glad Ted Cruz brought it up again.  It is a popular issue and if the public gets motivated about it, things might change.

Online libertybele

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2017, 05:11:16 am »
I'm addressing the mindset that insists that all we have to do is elect someone to high office, introduce a Constitutional Amendment or have an Article V Convention of States and all our woes will be magically fixed by the mere effort.

The reality is that it will take more than the vast majority are willing to risk, and the only efforts most will support are the aforementioned.

And none of those are going to arrest the institutionalized corruption and collectivist tyranny we currently willingly suffer as a former Republic.

No, electing someone to the highest office and calling for a Convention of States isn't going to magically fix all of our woes.  I still find Trump as our president elect very concerning and I still think it was pure lunacy to give a man of his character, wealth and personality such power. However, rather than throw our hands up and declare that there is no hope to remedy any of the issues and situations at hand peacefully, we have to work with what we've got which I do see offers some glimmer of hope.  It is going to be extraordinarily difficult to 'fix' Washington from the top down and yes, to assume that just because the GOP has the majority in all chambers of government things will change is ridiculous as nothing really has changed in Washington. What has changed, IMHO is the attitude of the electorate and the scales of peace could very easily be tipped towards pandemonium and I feel many of our elected officials realize that, whether or not they truly react to the voices of the people (as Ryan promised in his speech) remains to be seen. What I feel many people see in Trump is that he is someone who will stop the corruption. Whether or not that is truly his intent remains yet to be seen.  Right now, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.  If he doesn't deliver, there's going to be a tremendous backlash in this country which IMHO the left is counting on and they will do whatever they can to undermine him.  So far though, he has out maneuvered them.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:21:16 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2017, 11:43:44 am »
You're right.  It looks hard so we shouldn't even try.  Just go straight to the bloodletting.

****slapping

Hey, I am not advocating violence.  Just an observation.

Under your contention, we shouldn't stop trying turning water into gold.  Try a dose of reality next time,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2017, 12:33:27 pm »
Hey, I am not advocating violence.  Just an observation.

Under your contention, we shouldn't stop trying turning water into gold.  Try a dose of reality next time,

What?  That makes no sense.