Author Topic: Active shooter reported on Ohio State University campus  (Read 6092 times)

Offline Talisker

Re: Active shooter reported on Ohio State University campus
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 06:52:42 pm »
The article says no student may leave the school without a parent or guardian.  What about out of state students? 

Sometimes their ideas are well meaning but I question how well thought out.  If a school goes into lock down but students may leave with parents, then you are basically inviting parents into a shooting range.  No?  It seems to me that you are either locked down and no one leaves until it is safe or you are not.  But what do I know.

This is a university - the students are adults. They need no parent or guardian. This is absurd.
Those who command, must obey.

Offline Talisker

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 06:56:32 pm »
User Actions   
 Follow

CBS NewsVerified account
‏@CBSNews
UPDATE: A 20-year-old Somali man is the suspect in the Ohio State University attack http://cbsn.ws/2fJ92k4
Those who command, must obey.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 07:17:17 pm »

Gee. Hillary wanted to increase admitting these types by 550%.

Trump opposed it.

What is so hard to understand about that choice?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2016, 07:21:27 pm »
Ohio State Suspect Identified As '20-Year-Old Somali Refugee'

Posted Monday, November 28th 2016 @ 1pm  by Hannity.com Staff

Multiple news outlets are reporting that the suspect in the knife/car attack that injured nine people on the campus of Ohio State University, is a 20-year-old Somali refugee.

Here's the report from CBS News:

more
http://www.hannity.com/articles/hanpr-election-493995/ohio-state-suspect-identified-as-20yearold-15337537/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 08:18:56 pm »
SOURCE: ZERO HEDGE

URL: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-28/ohio-state-attack-suspect-20-year-old-somali-refugee-terror-motive-investigated

Update: courtesy of NBC's Tom Winter, we have the alleged Somali refugee suspect's name, which is Abdul Razak Ali Artan.

NBC News: Suspect in Ohio State attack is Abdul Razak Ali Artan multiple law enforcement sources tell Pete Williams and @anblanx
— Tom Winter (@Tom_Winter) November 28, 2016

Following today's attack at Ohio State University, CBS is reporting that the sole suspect is an OSU student who was a Somali refugee. His name has not been released.

UPDATE: A 20-year-old Somali man is the suspect in the Ohio State University attack https://t.co/G7ANHT8lbn pic.twitter.com/kdOzF7aWiV
— CBS News (@CBSNews) November 28, 2016

There were conflicting report about the suspect's age with NBC adding that according to law enforcement officials, he was an 18-year-old Ohio State student, although it agrees that the unnamed suspect was a Somali refugee who was a legal permanent resident of the United States.

Conflict News adds that a terror motive is currently being investigated by authorities.

BREAKING: Ohio attacker reportedly a Somali refugee and a student at OSU. Terror motive being investigated by authorities - @AmichaiStein1
— Conflict News (@Conflicts) November 28, 2016

During a news conference following the attack, the chief of police at the university Craig Stone said that the suspect was shot dead after ramming into pedestrians with a car and attacking them with a butcher knife. While the incident was initially reported as an "active shooter" situation, the suspect did not shoot anyone.

"About 9:52 am, a male suspect drove a vehicle over the curb… struck pedestrians. He exited the vehicle, and used a butcher knife to start cutting pedestrians," Craig Stone said as quoted by AFP.

"This car just swerved and ran into a whole group of people," said Nicole Kreinbrink, who was walking down the street when she saw the car hit people who had evacuated an academic building during a fire alarm. "All these people were running and screaming and yelling," she added.

"Our officer was on scene in less than a minute and he ended the situation in less than a minute. He engaged the suspect, and he eliminated the threat," he said.

The motive behind the attack was unknown, but officials said the attack was clearly deliberate and may have been planned in advance. 

"This was done on purpose," Stone said.

Finally, Columbus Police Chief Chief Kim Jacobs, whose officers also responded to the attack, said it could have been an act of terror. "That's why our federal partners are here and helping," she said.

Homeland Security Adviser Lisa Monaco briefed President Obama on the incident, White House press secretary Josh Earnest said. He said FBI agents in Columbus were assisting with the investigation.

Jacob Bowers, an OSU sophomore, was sitting on a bench about 100 feet away when he noticed people running. "Then I heard someone yell, 'He's got a knife.' And I saw a guy with a big-ass knife just chasing people around. When I saw that, I grabbed all my stuff and started running," Bowers said.

Bowers said he looked back to see a police officer on the scene. The officer yelled to the suspect, "Drop it a and get down or I'll shoot," and then fired on the suspect, Bowers said.

"The man was going insane," he said.

Another student told NBC News he heard gunfire from his dorm room.

"I heard gunshots from my dorm, probably six or seven," said Stephen Yunker, 18, a freshman who lives two blocks from Watts Hall, where the incident occurred.

He said he and his roommate looked at each other, heard sirens about five seconds later, and then looked out the window.

"We saw fire trucks, couple of cars, and a body laying on the ground," he said.

As SiteIntel's Rita Katz tweeted earlier in the day, "though no confirmed motive, use of vehicle & knife in OhioState attack is consistent with recent attack instructions issued by ISIS"

1)
Though no confirmed motive, use of vehicle & knife in #OhioState attack is consistent with recent attack instructions issued by #ISIS pic.twitter.com/8OudeN7EIr
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) November 28, 2016

She adds that a November 26 ISIS video instructed on knife attacks while ISIS’ Rumiyah mag advised on vehicular attacks 2 weeks prior. Both spread on soc media

2)
Nov 26 #ISIS vid instructed on knife attacks while ISIS’ Rumiyah mag advised on vehicular attacks 2 weeks prior. Both spread on soc media

3)
As of yet, no significant response from pro-#ISIS community online on #OhioState attack

However, as of yet she notes, there has been no response from pro-ISIS community online on the OhioState attack.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2016, 08:19:42 pm »

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2016, 08:20:29 pm »
NOTHING TO SEE HERE, NO ACTS OF TERRORISM

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2016, 08:28:44 pm »
1. Muslim attacker used a car and a knife.
2. Only the police used guns, but the anti-Constitution crowd is still calling for more gun control.

Lather, rinse and repeat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2016, 08:46:30 pm »
The strangest part of this is that a Muslim was involved. Who ever heard of a Muslim that suddenly goes crazy and starts killing random strangers for no reason? This is so unusual. Who could have seen this coming?

Oh yeah, Me!
I saw this coming. And I posted about it a couple of days ago.

Politics / Re: Curious Islamophobic Politics of Tulsi Gabbard
« on: November 26, 2016, 03:01:48 PM »
Quote from: Chosen Daughter on November 26, 2016, 02:43:45 PM

Then what should be done with the millions of Muslim Americans?
I don't disagree with you.  Most countries with large populations of Muslims do have Sharia Law.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They should be monitored and watched. We know from objective experience that wherever Muslims exist anywhere in the world, murder, riots, and terrorism follows. The only thing keeping the Muslims in America semi-calm is that they do not yet have the numbers they need to stage an insurrection. There is no reason to believe that America will be immune to the way Muslims behave everywhere else, all over the globe. It is only a matter of time and numbers until they rise up. I am not saying this in a mean way. I am saying this based on objective facts and a very consistent pattern of behavior.

I do not 'hate' Muslims, but I do love my family, friends, and fellow Americans. I don't want to see them get hurt by what is a known threat. And Islam has proven itself a thousand times over to be a violent and dangerous cult no matter where they are on Earth.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:47:33 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2016, 08:47:22 pm »
I was just watching the news and they reported all the injured were stabbed (possible way to deflect muslim machete attack) and none were life threatening.  This must sadden gun control nuts.
WHAAAAAAA, Stomping feet he is supposed to have a gun, thats not FAIR  WHAAAAAAAA
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 08:52:47 pm »
The strangest part of this is that a Muslim was involved. Who ever heard of a Muslim that suddenly goes crazy and starts killing random strangers for no reason? This is so unusual. Who could have seen this coming?

Oh yeah, Me!
I saw this coming. And I posted about it a couple of days ago.

Politics / Re: Curious Islamophobic Politics of Tulsi Gabbard
« on: November 26, 2016, 03:01:48 PM »
Quote from: Chosen Daughter on November 26, 2016, 02:43:45 PM

Then what should be done with the millions of Muslim Americans?
I don't disagree with you.  Most countries with large populations of Muslims do have Sharia Law.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out Dearborn Mi, just had a video on it in the past week, I think it was on Fox and it was shocking the Muzzies have taken over the city...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:56:46 pm by 17 Oaks »
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2016, 09:05:28 pm »
Here we have it from the perp himself -- he's unfairly judged because of the media! 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2016, 09:16:01 pm »
I guess he doesn't have to worry about where to pray now.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2016, 09:17:48 pm »
Here we have it from the perp himself -- he's unfairly judged because of the media! 

I am unfairly judged to be a threat to infidels because of the media, so to prove them wrong I am going to kill me a bunch of infidels.  Makes perfect sense.

Oceander

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2016, 09:30:46 pm »
I am unfairly judged to be a threat to infidels because of the media, so to prove them wrong I am going to kill me a bunch of infidels.  Makes perfect sense.

Exactly. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2016, 09:54:36 pm »

It does. This kind of thinking is very common. You can see the same mentality with BLM. The White folk say we are violent and primitive. So, we are going to kill some cops, loot stores, assault random people, and burn down the neighborhood, to show them that they shouldn't think that way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2016, 10:04:05 pm »
Today he proved that he was not actually unfairly judged.  But because of him, other Muslims will be.

The left keeps stirring up emotions in all non-whites for their own political gain, but the cost to our society and to the confidence and independence of those individuals they con is just going higher and higher.  They have encouraged an identity politics that individuals become dependent on because of the rewards they are promised.  So instead of talking about right and wrong and issues like valuing human life, we are talking endlessly about our differences and "micro" slights subconsciously doled out by big bad whitey.

Nicely put.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2016, 10:20:21 pm »
It does in their eyes, sorry the blew him away, he never knew what hit him.  I think we go to the Sharia book and look up what they do to a murderer, stone him maybe, he used a knife, so cut off his hand with the same dull knife or maybe give him a fair chance at living.  Tie his hands (or arms if the hands are already cut off) to a hitch ball on the back of a truck and drive over to Sharia town and give him back...if he can run fast enough to keep up then he gets off, if not, then he should have run faster.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 11:38:11 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't even trust muslims with matches.  Look at Israeli forests burning.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2016, 06:08:05 am »
Ohio State Suspect Identified As '20-Year-Old Somali Refugee'

Posted Monday, November 28th 2016 @ 1pm  by Hannity.com Staff

Multiple news outlets are reporting that the suspect in the knife/car attack that injured nine people on the campus of Ohio State University, is a 20-year-old Somali refugee.

Oh, now I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you! Hoodathunkit?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2016, 06:14:08 am »
It does in their eyes, sorry the blew him away, he never knew what hit him.  I think we go to the Sharia book and look up what they do to a murderer, stone him maybe, he used a knife, so cut off his hand with the same dull knife or maybe give him a fair chance at living.  Tie his hands (or arms if the hands are already cut off) to a hitch ball on the back of a truck and drive over to Sharia town and give him back...if he can run fast enough to keep up then he gets off, if not, then he should have run faster.
That'd never work. That's a drag. (Although I have seen it done once in Canada. When a guy was caught stealing leathers out of people's tents at a bike run/party. A member of the host club only dragged the buck naked guy half a mile or so down the gravel behind a motorcycle to the main road, before they let him go. Considering leathers are the rider's line of defense against road rash if you dump the bike, it seemed fitting.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2016, 11:39:15 am »
Not surprised that scammity got it wrong.  As usual.

rangerrebew

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2016, 12:16:32 pm »

Ohio State attack: Terrorism eyed as police seek more info

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Investigators are looking into whether a car-and-knife attack at Ohio State University that injured 11 people was an act of terror by a Somali-born student who had once criticized the media for its portrayal of Muslims.

The attacker, identified as Abdul Razak Ali Artan, plowed his car into a group of pedestrians on campus shortly before 10 a.m. Monday, and then got out and began stabbing people with a butcher knife before he was shot to death by a campus police officer, authorities said.

A motive was not immediately known, but police said they were investigating whether it was a terrorist attack.

Associated Press writers Alicia A. Caldwell and Eric Tucker in Washington, Collin Binkley in Boston and Mark Gillispie in Cleveland contributed to this story.
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ohio-state-attack-terrorism-eyed-police-seek-more-info

rangerrebew

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2016, 12:31:58 pm »

Ohio State attacker was a Somali refugee and it wasn’t a gun – there go the liberal talking points
November 28, 2016 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article   

The man who attacked Ohio State University students with a car and knife on Monday has been identified as a Somali refugee.

The man, who has been identified as 18-year-old OSU student Abdul Razak Ali Artan, was a refugee from Somalia who had legal permanent resident status, according to NBC News.

Initial reports called the attack a shooting but it was later discovered that the attacker drove his car over a curb and into a crowd of people and then got out to stab them with a butcher knife injuring 10 people.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/11/28/ohio-state-attacker-somali-refugee-wasnt-gun-go-liberal-talking-points-417527#ixzz4ROsuZwDu