Author Topic: Trump Hires Breitbart Chief For Top Post, Diminishes Manafort Role In Shakeup  (Read 7155 times)

Offline Victoria33

Trump is expected to win in a landslide.
And to think it took me a long, long time to work up the nerve to sign up and start posting there because I was intimidated by the intellectual firepower.
@Victoria33
@CatherineofAragon

I remember when you came on and I sort of took you under my wing because I knew you were smart.

Offline kevindavis007

So.......... are we to conclude that he was lying the entire time he was claiming to be a "true conservative," or that he has lost his ever loving mind now in worshipping a leftist moron??

Both..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Victoria33

Does this mean that the Trump Family is "going to the mattresses"?
@andy58
@Gov Bean Counter

I just heard on CNN that Trump's family was not consulted in this change.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:11:18 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Lisbon1939

Breitbart stopped being an independent source of news and commentary

I'm surprised he didn't name David Pecker of the National Enquirer.

Offline kevindavis007

@andy58
@Gov Bean Counter

Well it kinda proves that

1. He doesn't want to win
2. He is a Clinton plant
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@andy58
@Gov Bean Counter

I think Trump has fired his family. Ivanka seemed to be the one running the show and now she's running around in eastern Europe.

Offline aligncare

Yet, another misleading headline. This is not a "shake up." It's Mr. Trump adjusting to the terrain. He's determined to win for the sake of his grandchildren.  888high58888

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Yet, another misleading headline. This is not a "shake up." It's Mr. Trump adjusting to the terrain. He's determined to win for the sake of his grandchildren.  888high58888

Paul "Shooter" Manafart relegated to background, and two new operatives flung into leadership roles.  If this isn't a shakeup, I'd hate to see what a real one was.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Donald Trump is the most dangerous man in the world today. I hope that Reince Priebus will take the advise of Congress and deny Trump any funding whatsoever from the RNC.

That will show him and his supporters what a mistake they made by choosing him over Kasich, Bush, Rubio, and even Romney. Now these are all proven winners who would be mopping the floor with Hillary at this point.

The only way Trump and his supporters are going to "learn their lesson" is if Trump not only loses, but is absolutely crushed at the election. Everyone with a conscience should do whatever they can to make this happen.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

Donald Trump is the most dangerous man in the world today. I hope that Reince Priebus will take the advise of Congress and deny Trump any funding whatsoever from the RNC.

That will show him and his supporters what a mistake they made by choosing him over Kasich, Bush, Rubio, and even Romney. Now these are all proven winners who would be mopping the floor with Hillary at this point.

The only way Trump and his supporters are going to "learn their lesson" is if Trump not only loses, but is absolutely crushed at the election. Everyone with a conscience should do whatever they can to make this happen.

Funny.

But you don't do sarcasm that well.  Are you aware of that?

(I suppose it's because being a Trump loyalist diminishes both wit and humor.  ^-^)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

Thanks for the levity. The folks around here too darn serious. Just look at them all being so serious... Hey, this is a presidential election. We should all be having fun about now...

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Paul "Shooter" Manafart relegated to background, and two new operatives flung into leadership roles.  If this isn't a shakeup, I'd hate to see what a real one was.

Dr. McCoy...

It's a shakeup, Jim.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline musiclady

Thanks for the levity. The folks around here too darn serious. Just look at them all being so serious... Hey, this is a presidential election. We should all be having fun about now...

And we WOULD be if we didn't have a disastrous, leftist, amoral buffoon pretending to be our "Republican" candidate.

There's no fun in knowing that the guy with the least chance of beating Hillary got nominated, so that he would guarantee her election.

There are no good options, ac.

Thanks bunches......
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:46:33 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Wingnut

According to Shapiro the head of Breitbart personally is an opportunistic Trump camp follower. No wonder Trump made him his top lieutenant.

If this was Jim Kirks command in  Star Trek, the man would be wearing a red tunic.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
But you don't do sarcasm that well.  Are you aware of that?

You are right. I know there are some Trump supporters who may misunderstand what I mean.

Just to be very, very, clear, I DO NOT WANT HILLARY TO WIN!. But, I do want Trump to lose because he is not a real conservative. So, if Hillary has to win, to keep a person who is not conservative out of the W.H., then that is what we have to do. It is the only thing that makes any sense.

I hope that clarifies my position.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

And we WOULD be if we didn't have a disastrous, leftist, amoral buffoon pretending to be our "Republican" candidate.

There's no fun in knowing that the guy with the least chance of beating Hillary got nominated, so that she would guarantee her election.

There are no good options, ac.

Thanks bunches......

According to whatever an Omarosa is, we'll all bow down before Trump.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/omarosa-critics-bow-president-trump-article-1.2754654

Offline musiclady

You are right. I know there are some Trump supporters who may misunderstand what I mean.

Just to be very, very, clear, I DO NOT WANT HILLARY TO WIN!. But, I do want Trump to lose because he is not a real conservative. So, if Hillary has to win, to keep a person who is not conservative out of the W.H., then that is what we have to do. It is the only thing that makes any sense.

Guess what, those of us who oppose Trump DO NOT WANT HILLARY TO WIN either.

THAT is why we so strongly oppose TRUMP.  He's ushering her into the WH, and we hate that.

No matter what, we will have a person who doesn't have a single conservative bone in his or her corrupt body.

And that is thanks to Trump loyalists who got him nominated against the will of 60% of the Republican party.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline musiclady

According to whatever an Omarosa is, we'll all bow down before Trump.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/omarosa-critics-bow-president-trump-article-1.2754654

Well, there you have it.

They wanted a king, and by cracky, we'll have to bow down to him if he's elected.

It's exactly what the Founders wanted.................... right???   **nononono*

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The sole remaining purpose of this site, is to stand 110% anti-Trump on a 24/7 basis.

Therefore his supporters must be ridiculed, without end. Castle or McMullin or Cruz will win in landslides, without them. The GOP simply can do without them and their type.

Practicality, pragamatism, logic, statistics must be set aside. We must claim wins, when we lose. Losers unite.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline andy58-in-nh

@andy58
@Gov Bean Counter

Never take sides against the family, Fredo. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cripplecreek

Well, there you have it.

They wanted a king, and by cracky, we'll have to bow down to him if he's elected.

It's exactly what the Founders wanted.................... right???   **nononono*

They don't call it a Trumpire for nuthin.

Offline aligncare

To those of us with intact functioning brain cells, not in neverTrump, it's perfectly clear! LOL!

888high58888

Offline musiclady

To those of us with intact functioning brain cells, not in neverTrump, it's perfectly clear! LOL!

888high58888

My brain cells have never been better.  Firing on all cylinders, if you will.

THAT is why I oppose Trump!   888high58888

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
@andy58
@Gov Bean Counter

I heard that too.

I think Trump has fired his family. Ivanka seemed to be the one running the show and now she's running around in eastern Europe.

Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner.  It has been said by many who seem to have some insight and knowledge of the Trump inner sanctum, that Ivanka and even to a greater extent, Kushner had been running the campaign after Lewandowski was ousted and replaced by Manafort at their (and perhaps also Don Jr.’s and Eric’s) urging.

Now Manafort has been back benched and replaced by someone perhaps even more confrontational, in your face and of the “Let Trump Be Trump” school than Lewandowski in Bannon.

That Trump evidently made this decision without consulting with “the kids” and did so while Ivanka and her husband were still vacationing or on their way from returning from Europe could seem to be an indication that he no longer trusts in their advice.  Evidently Ivanka and Kushner had been in the camp of trying to convince Trump to pivot to a more “presidential” mode and style; to focus more on policy and less on the off the cuff and bombastic and go for the cheap insult style evidenced in his rallies and on his Twitter account.

I think this demonstrates what others have warned about -  that Trump is not interested in taking advice from anyone, including his family, who isn’t fully committed to reinforcing Trump’s own perception of his brilliance, i.e. feeds into and bows down to his ego.

And while that may work for a real estate mogul and a reality TV show star who’s known for saying and seemingly enjoys saying “You’re Fired”, it does not however bode well for someone “auditioning” for the role of POTUS.  For example:

“Life Lessons With Donald: Never Hire People Who Are Smarter Than You”
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/04/21/life-lessons-with-donald-never-hire-people-who-are-smarter-than-you-n2151620

Donald Trump said in a 2007 television interview that executives have to be smarter than the people around them, declaring the idea that a boss’s employees should be smarter than them “a lot of crap”...In October 2007, however, Trump told CNBC host Erin Burnett that he believes in having “great people” around him but feels it is important that those people be less intelligent than he is. “You have to keep great people around you,” Trump said. “You have to motivate them. You always have to be on top of them. And you have to be smarter than they are. I hear so many times, ‘Oh, I want my people to be smarter than I am.’ It’s a lot of crap. You want to be smarter than your people, if possible”...In the 2007 exchange on the show “The Billionaire Inside,” Trump advised audience members against placing “too much” trust in the people around them, saying that, if they did, things would “start to happen that you’re not gonna like.”

Then there is also Trump saying -  "I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me" and so on.

And well there you have it. No one can be (or is) smarter than Trump.

And if the turnover in the Trump campaign is any indication, just imagine what a Trump cabinet might be like.

Well someone did (yes I know, consider the source but still it makes the point that Trump might not even be able to agree with Trump):

The Daily Show - Imagining Donald Trump's Cabinet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IDk4192seE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IDk4192seE

I’ve also considered the possibility that there may be yet more shoes about to drop in the Manafort-Ukraine-Putin story.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause