Author Topic: “Against our wishes”: Queen blasts Trump’s use of “We Are The Champions” in RNC entrance  (Read 974 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: SALON

URL: http://www.salon.com/2016/07/19/against_our_wishes_queen_blasts_trumps_use_of_we_are_the_champions_in_rnc_entrance/

by: MICHAEL GAROFALO

Donald Trump took the stage at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland on Monday with an entrance worthy of Wrestlemania. Trump’s unmistakeable silhouette emerged in front of a blinding backdrop of white lights as a lectern magically rose from the floor. All the while, Queen’s “We Are The Champions” blared inside the arena.

The cheering RNC crowd seemed pleased by the spectacle. Queen, however, was not. Here's their Tweet:

Queen ✔ @QueenWillRock
An unauthorised use at the Republican Convention against our wishes - Queen
10:18 AM - 19 Jul 2016
  6,947 6,947 Retweets   6,985 6,985 likes

Queen’s frustration with Trump is nothing new. Trump used “We Are The Champions” at earlier campaign events, drawing the ire of Queen guitarist Brian May, who wrote in a post in his website last month that “permission to use the track was neither sought nor given.”

Offline SirLinksALot

It's braggy enough for Trump.

Can the group sue for some sort of infringement? I'm not sure....

Offline RedHead

Probably.  Honorable people stop using songs when the artist complains.  But Queen would probably need to sue Trump to get him to comply, and that's more money and trouble than it's worth.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:32:42 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Not if the RNC bought the music package from a licensed vendor.  Heart made the same complaint and implied legal threat in 2008 when the McCain campaign used "Barracuda" for Palin's entrance. and it went no where.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

They'd have to sue every single MLB, NFL, and NBA team after they win a championship if so.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mechanicos

Same crap as in the Primary. They sold the licensing right to an agency and like before when they made a fuss it will be the same thing. Its licensed and Queen can piss up a rope.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17