Author Topic: Newt Gingrich Says It’s A “Betrayal” If Ted Cruz Does Not Endorse Trump  (Read 1019 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/07/19/newt-gingrich-betrayal-ted-cruz-endorse-trump/

by: Jay Caruso

When did Newt Gingrich become such a lackey? People are free to endorse or not to endorse a candidate. Donald Trump, who doesn't care about anything other than people bowing before his presence has rubbed off on Newt with this garbage about endorsements.

Here's what he said:

At least one speaker, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), has yet to endorse the GOP nominee. Susteren asked Gingrich if he believed Trump’s former presidential opponent would finally announce his support for Trump during his speech Wednesday night.

“Well I hope he does” endorse him, Gingrich said.

If he doesn’t?

“I think it’ll be sad,” Gingrich said. “It’ll be a betrayal.”

Considering Cruz is getting ready to head back to the Senate, Gingrich argued it would be in Cruz’s best interests to be on Trump’s good side.

This is absurd. Trump needs to get on Cruz's good side, not the other way around. After all, Cruz will have say on Trump appointments and legislation should the miracle of Trump's election come to fruition.

There's being loyal and then there is fealty. Trump's demand of the latter has completely changed my outlook on some people I once respected.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
It wouldn't be worse than being buddy buddy with Madame Pelosi.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

Go away Newt, just go away.

Gingrich needs to disappear

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Go away Newt, just go away.

Gingrich needs to disappear

Betrayal?

Cue the sofa pic...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline skeeter

I'm sure Gingrich really doesn't believe what he's saying, but is going ahead and saying it anyway.

In hopes of being thrown some crumb, no doubt.

Disappointing.

Offline Axel

SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/07/19/newt-gingrich-betrayal-ted-cruz-endorse-trump/

by: Jay Caruso

When did Newt Gingrich become such a lackey? People are free to endorse or not to endorse a candidate. Donald Trump, who doesn't care about anything other than people bowing before his presence has rubbed off on Newt with this garbage about endorsements.

Here's what he said:

This is absurd. Trump needs to get on Cruz's good side, not the other way around. After all, Cruz will have say on Trump appointments and legislation should the miracle of Trump's election come to fruition.

There's being loyal and then there is fealty. Trump's demand of the latter has completely changed my outlook on some people I once respected.

What's absurd is how you're trying to link Newt's personality to some sort of fealty to Trump. Newt and Trump are cut from the same cloth, both love attention. He'll keep saying things like this because he likes being on TV every single day.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline skeeter

What's absurd is how you're trying to link Newt's personality to some sort of fealty to Trump. Newt and Trump are cut from the same cloth, both love attention. He'll keep saying things like this because he likes being on TV every single day.

Its just a coincidence that he's been out consistently attacking Trump critics?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Its a betrayal to call yourself conservative and pimp global warming alarmism as well.

Offline biff

Cruz betraying the Republican Party? Now just what the hell has the party done for him to earn his loyalty?

Support during his election? NOPE
Support while in the senate? NOPE
Support when he tried to kill O'care? NOPE
Support in his committee? NOPE
Support when running in primaries? NOPE
Support of any kind for anything? NOPE

OK, that is a good start to get his loyalty. Maybe they will like to try again.

Offline biff

sorry, him=them

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Newt is a weasel.  Cruz is a principled constitutional conservative.  Fade away Newtster.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.