Author Topic: Glenn Beck: If Ted Cruz Endorses Trump There Is No One in Washington I Can Trust Anymore  (Read 4089 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

So then what of the Constitution Party does not meet that criteria?

Never mind the questionable future of such small parties, I doubt there are many libertarians, national defense conservatives, those who feel the Constitution isn't a license for one religion to set its moral precepts into law are standing in line to join.  I'm sure many of the anti-Trump group will look to it though. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline MACVSOG68

Keep praying and petitioning the owners and mods to have us purged from your site ala JR at TOS.

It's what you folks are good at doing.

So exactly how many of the "us" you're referring to have been purged here? 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So exactly how many of the "us" you're referring to have been purged here?

They have made their desires well known, it's not about numbers… at least not yet.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RetBobbyMI

Ever since the arrivals of #nevertrumps a couple of months ago.

Before that, it was nothing like this at all.
Oh I'm sure that is delusional truth! Not.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Back to Beck; at times, I've really enjoyed his show, he had some sort of charity figure on there one day and it really tugged the heart strings. Even giving soccer balls and gifts to the kids who came across the border, he did that with Cruz, I thought was okay. Didn't he say give them things but tell them to go back or something. I was even growing fond of his show again but then, he kind of went off the deep end.

Swearing in Cruz as President on a Bible, there was nothing wrong with that to me at least. Not a real ceremony, obviously.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:20:43 am by TomSea »

Offline RetBobbyMI

Never mind the questionable future of such small parties, I doubt there are many libertarians, national defense conservatives, those who feel the Constitution isn't a license for one religion to set its moral precepts into law are standing in line to join.  I'm sure many of the anti-Trump group will look to it though.

And a dying GOP has what to show for their so called major status? 3 wins, all by Bush's out of the last  since Reagan?  And then there is the great success of McConnell, Boenher and Ryan. The GOP has a lot to be proud of.  :shrug:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And a dying GOP has what to show for their so called major status? 3 wins, all by Bush's out of the last  since Reagan?  And then there is the great success of McConnell, Boenher and Ryan. The GOP has a lot to be proud of.  :shrug:

The GOP's midterm congressional wins are not its only gains as now Republicans control two-thirds of all state legislatures and 31 governorships, The Washington Post reports.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/GOP-governors-races-state-legislatures-Republicans/2014/11/11/id/606632/#ixzz4EoVySVnc

US House and Senate, I know the Presidency is the big enchilada but doing well on these other fronts can not be ignored.

Bright spots in the midterms, the Times noted, were "demographic trends have not doomed Republicans to minority party status." GOP candidates did well in Hispanic-majority counties that typically had voted Democrats, the paper said.

Offline M1078

I will not vote for Hillary nor will I vote for Trump.  One is a liberal criminal who wants to expand her dynasty and the other is a liberal narcissist who wants to build his monarchy.  I'm not interested in assisting either one of them.

#NeverTrump

Exactly!  And I'm getting sick of all the "if you don't vote Trump you elected Hillary!"  No those idiots that selected Trump based on his hollow promises will have elected Hillary and they will get what they deserve no matter which one of them sits in the White House.
Former FR macnjac

Offline MACVSOG68

They have made their desires well known, it's not about numbers… at least not yet.

They...all half dozen...?  You do know that a few of the Trump supporters here have been suspended and/or banned for behavioral issues...don't you?  I haven't seen any such measures against the new members who are what...99 to 100 percent anti-Trump?  I wouldn't lose any sleep over purges here.   :beer:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
They...all half dozen...?  You do know that a few of the Trump supporters here have been suspended and/or banned for behavioral issues...don't you? 

I think it was suggested one of them engaged in meat-world threats against another member here.  Definitely a well-deserved removal.  I thought it was said the other simply has decided to stay on over at the Safe Spaces elsewheres.

Does that make you persecuted victims of NeverTrump?

I haven't seen any such measures against the new members who are what...99 to 100 percent anti-Trump?  I wouldn't lose any sleep over purges here. 

It doesn't diminish what their stated desire is, and we have had several worrisome mod actions take place that have poured salt into open wounds and give pause to worry whether we are once again witnessing a familiar set of memes and actions that led to our refugee status here.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RetBobbyMI

US House and Senate, I know the Presidency is the big enchilada but doing well on these other fronts can not be ignored.
Having the House and Senate has done what for us during Obama's tenure?  They forever concede to Obama's every desire.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Just saw a report on FoxBusiness that Cruz is working behind the scenes to have his name put in nomination at the convention ala Ronald Regan in 1976- setting him up for 2020.

That would be fantastic and fabulous.  Let it be.  Surprised that Fox affiliate reported anything like this.

Fox News spent years building a wonderful reputation and through it all away because of two old lechers.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
They...all half dozen...?  You do know that a few of the Trump supporters here have been suspended and/or banned for behavioral issues...don't you?  I haven't seen any such measures against the new members who are what...99 to 100 percent anti-Trump?  I wouldn't lose any sleep over purges here.   :beer:

I haven't been here long enough to know of any Trump supporters who were 'purged.'

But I will say from my experience at TOS that Trump supporters are among the nastiest, most vicious people on earth.  The things that were said to me there because I was for Ted Cruz could not be spoken in any public forum that I know of.  I saved some of them just so I could remember how unspeakably horrible they were.

So if any Trump supporters here used that kind of rhetoric, I think purging was in order.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That is why we need a new "major" party in the mix.  The current situation of our government no longer has checks and balances with just a two-party system.

I disagree.  A two-party system would work fine if the Republican Party could be reformed.  And it could be reformed in just a couple of election cycles if we had the right leadership, say Ted Cruz as president.

A new party is a pipe dream...a party that encompasses all YOU believe would not be possible.

It would take years and years even if we found an acceptable party.  We don't have years and years.  We could have a good Republican party in 8 years if everyone voted in conservatives to the House and Senate.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sometime Wednesday night. At the way they always run late, it won't be until after 10 pm EDT, is my guess. They don't want him too early so everyone will hear what he has to say. The only thing after him is the intro to Pence.

Thanks for the info.  I will record the Wednesday night session so I can fast forward to Ted Cruz while clutching my Rosary (figuratively speaking)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I haven't been here long enough to know of any Trump supporters who were 'purged.'

But I will say from my experience at TOS that Trump supporters are among the nastiest, most vicious people on earth.  The things that were said to me there because I was for Ted Cruz could not be spoken in any public forum that I know of.  I saved some of them just so I could remember how unspeakably horrible they were.

So if any Trump supporters here used that kind of rhetoric, I think purging was in order.

This is not TOS. Do you believe a Trump supporter on this forum for seven years, should feel guilty over what was said to you by someone else on TOS??

One reason this site attracted good people for seven years, was because almost everybody observed intelligent, respectful adult behavior.

The owners have asked that rules followed now. By everybody. Is that okay??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RetBobbyMI

I disagree.  A two-party system would work fine if the Republican Party could be reformed.  And it could be reformed in just a couple of election cycles if we had the right leadership, say Ted Cruz as president.

A new party is a pipe dream...a party that encompasses all YOU believe would not be possible.

It would take years and years even if we found an acceptable party.  We don't have years and years.  We could have a good Republican party in 8 years if everyone voted in conservatives to the House and Senate.

Reformation of the GOP is a pipe dream.  If it were possible, why would they go down this path with Trump?  Why would they keep doing the same ole BS crap in the US House and Senate?  Why would they push back at the Tea Party and constitutionalists?  McConnell and Cornball were the first one to say to Cruz, go along to get along.  After listening to their two bit excuses for the last 8 years and longer, I am more staunchly conservative than in the past.  Trump and his GOP Washington insiders don't impress me one bit.  The GOP is dead and had no new fresh ideas to defeat the DeamonRats.  Even with a new Orange Face, they are trying the same methods that got themselves defeated the last two cycles.  Losers, the who bunch!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This is not TOS. Do you believe a Trump supporter on this forum for seven years, should feel guilty over what was said to you by someone else on TOS??

One reason this site attracted good people for seven years, was because almost everybody observed intelligent, respectful adult behavior.

The owners have asked that rules followed now. By everybody. Is that okay??

Sure.  It's okay with me.  And, no, I don't believe a Trump supporter here should feel guilty about what was said to me on TOS.  I was just trying to figure out why a Trump supporter would be banned from this forum ... and that was just a guess based on what I had seen from Trump supporters on TOS.

So, yes, I believe in respectful adult behavior and try to keep my posts in line with that.  There is one other poster that I have on ignore but not because he is nasty ... just because he is repetitive and constantly posting.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Reformation of the GOP is a pipe dream.  If it were possible, why would they go down this path with Trump?  Why would they keep doing the same ole BS crap in the US House and Senate?  Why would they push back at the Tea Party and constitutionalists?  McConnell and Cornball were the first one to say to Cruz, go along to get along.  After listening to their two bit excuses for the last 8 years and longer, I am more staunchly conservative than in the past.  Trump and his GOP Washington insiders don't impress me one bit.  The GOP is dead and had no new fresh ideas to defeat the DeamonRats.  Even with a new Orange Face, they are trying the same methods that got themselves defeated the last two cycles.  Losers, the who bunch!

We'll have to disagree on this.  The Old Guard in the Senate is just that ... old.  I'm hoping McCain will lose this year, and a few years later more of the old guard could be out.  It would be far easier to do that than to support a new party... which would take eons to create and get power.

They were a disgrace in going along with Orange Dude, but I still think our best hope is in a reformed Republican Party.  When Orange Dude goes down in flames, Ted Cruz can take leadership of the party and good things can happen.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We'll have to disagree on this.  The Old Guard in the Senate is just that ... old.  I'm hoping McCain will lose this year, and a few years later more of the old guard could be out.  It would be far easier to do that than to support a new party... which would take eons to create and get power.

They were a disgrace in going along with Orange Dude, but I still think our best hope is in a reformed Republican Party.  When Orange Dude goes down in flames, Ted Cruz can take leadership of the party and good things can happen.

The rules change tonight made that hope of yours an abject IMPOSSIBILITY.

The grassroots and the state delegations to the GOP have been neutered and all power and authority to make rules has been handed over to Rince Priebus, the Establishment and Trump.

In short, YOU have a better chance at running for President as a sole independent than you will attempting to reform a dead GOP party.

It's dead.  Bury it.  Move on.

Offline RetBobbyMI

The SAME idiots that run the GOP/RNC are the same idiots who let Trump hijack the GOP.  So what make you think they will allow Cruz to become their next father?  It is only two years before the next election cycle starts again.  No chance at reformation in that time, even after Trump's trouncing.

Offline RetBobbyMI

With the GOP dead and no chance at reformation, where to real conservatives go now?  Who will lead and who will follow?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hey, remember that awesome "ignore" feature.  As in, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it snark, does it make a sound?  No, since we're using pixels and electrons, no it doesn't.

Offline Mechanicos

The rules change tonight made that hope of yours an abject IMPOSSIBILITY.

The grassroots and the state delegations to the GOP have been neutered and all power and authority to make rules has been handed over to Rince Priebus, the Establishment and Trump.

In short, YOU have a better chance at running for President as a sole independent than you will attempting to reform a dead GOP party.

It's dead.  Bury it.  Move on.
Trump supporters are the real grass roots here. The Antis are the Bush/Romney open borders cheap labor Establishment. No matter how many times its pushed the false narrative claiming the open borders. cheap labor Bush/Romney led crowd is grass roots, it will never be a truth. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline MACVSOG68

Having the House and Senate has done what for us during Obama's tenure?  They forever concede to Obama's every desire.

Actually that's not true.  Spending did decrease for three years in a row until the last omnibus package.  Many judicial and executive nominations have had holds placed on them, filibustered or remain unscheduled.  Numerous liberal bills submitted by Democrats have died in subcommittee after a first reading.  Regardless of the outcomes, the Republican Congress has launched many investigations of the Obama Administration and kept issues alive Obama wanted buried.  A large failure of the GOP House was not to take up the immigration reform package agreed to by the Senate, leading to Obama's lawless actions on keeping illegals here, increasing welfare for them, and encouraging more and more sanctuary cities.