Author Topic: Glenn Beck: If Ted Cruz Endorses Trump There Is No One in Washington I Can Trust Anymore  (Read 4099 times)

Offline RetBobbyMI

Cruz will endorse Trump.  He made the loyalty pledge which he will keep.  More importantly, Cruz will need Trump's voters when he runs for President.  Cruz cannot simultaneously and perpetually act like a sore loser and a one man band and win the nomination.  He cannot visibly backstab Trump in front of a Conservative audience without it ruining any possibility of victory.

Unless he gets MAJOR concessions from Trump, including a public apology, there is NO way Cruz will do more than tacitly endorse the GOP, not Trump personally.  Trump needs Cruz supporters more than Cruz needs Trump.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Cruz will endorse Trump.  He made the loyalty pledge which he will keep.  More importantly, Cruz will need Trump's voters when he runs for President.  Cruz cannot simultaneously and perpetually act like a sore loser and a one man band and win the nomination.  He cannot visibly backstab Trump in front of a Conservative audience without it ruining any possibility of victory.

That's damn funny.  There's a big difference in being a sore loser versus forgiving someone who has to deal with a turd who spreads false rumors about your marital fidelity, accuses your father of murdering JFK, splashes multiple tweets of smears of your wife, and memes a "Lyin" Tag ever time you are mentioned.

If you are too naive not to recognize that, I can't help you.

BTW....If you think Trump is a conservative, you are double cursed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

He made the loyalty pledge which he will keep.

You're forgetting that Trump voided that pledge back in March.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GrouchoTex

I disagree with Beck.
I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.
Cruz, and Lee and people like him in office are rare.
Conservatives.
If we all dump Cruz because he supported Trump, is the next Ted Cruz of Texas waiting in the wings?
Maybe so, but we've waited for someone like him to come along since Reagan, and Reagan wasn't always 100% perfect, either.
Not sure I want to wait another 30+ years to find out, over one endorsement.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:40:30 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Beck's become a nutcase as far as I am concerned.  He was becoming a liability to Cruz' campaign anyway.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Is this making excuses for Glenn "Secret Service visit" and "suspended" Beck? Is this making excuses for Glenn "Pro-Gay Marriage" Beck? .....

Huh?  What are you talking about?

Offline rodamala

I don't think Cruz will even utter the word Trump (or Pence).  He will probably talk at lengths about the meaning of conservatism, how the GOP in the past has been a foundation of constitutional conservatism and should be in the future...

At the end of that 90 second speech, I could only hope that Senator Cruz would drop the mic on the stage and walk out.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:34:56 pm by rodamala »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
When does Cruz speak?  I haven't had the TV on in days...and may keep it that way.  But, I would like to hear Cruz.

Offline RetBobbyMI

When does Cruz speak?  I haven't had the TV on in days...and may keep it that way.  But, I would like to hear Cruz.
Sometime Wednesday night. At the way they always run late, it won't be until after 10 pm EDT, is my guess. They don't want him too early so everyone will hear what he has to say. The only thing after him is the intro to Pence.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sometime Wednesday night. At the way they always run late, it won't be until after 10 pm EDT, is my guess. They don't want him too early so everyone will hear what he has to say. The only thing after him is the intro to Pence.

Thanks.  I'll leave it off until Wednesday.

Offline skeeter

Baloney.

No one accused Reagan of "backstabbing" Ford at the '76 convention. And he did just fine in 1980.

Only the Trump dead enders would think in those terms, and there ain't enough of those to make a difference.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Yes, God forbid any effort to unite the GOP to defeat Hillary.

Your candidate and your party made that an impossibility.

Your party needs to die and simply be folded into the Democrat Party where it's ideology and purpose is now aligned with.

You folks made Hillary inevitable the moment you enabled Trump to destroy Conservatives.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:35:18 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Your party needs to die and simply be folded into the Democrat Party where it's ideology and purpose is now aligned with.

You folks chose Hillary the moment you enabled Trump to destroy Conservatives.
Question for mods about rules:

If it is out of bounds, for a Trump supporter to call a #nevertrump a Hillary supporter,

then shouldn't it be equally out of bounds for a #nevertrump to call a Trump supporter a Hillary supporter ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

If it is out of bounds, for a Trump supporter to call a #nevertrump a Hillary supporter,

then shouldn't it be equally out of bounds for a #nevertrump to call a Trump supporter a Hillary supporter ??

Hit the 'report' button.

It's what you people are good at.

Edited to assuage snowflakes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:36:08 pm by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Good grief, T-S, are you just going around looking for excuses to be insulted?  Come on, it's the Convention!  Your guy is winning.  Enjoy!

Offline truth_seeker

Good grief, T-S, are you just going around looking for excuses to be insulted?  Come on, it's the Convention!  Your guy is winning.  Enjoy!

I just want the substantive question addressed. Your response has no substance.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I just want the substantive question addressed. Your response has no substance.

OK, that's a "yes" then. Got it.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Has this site really stooped that low that it is all about name calling?

Offline MACVSOG68

You folks made Hillary inevitable the moment you enabled Trump to destroy Conservatives.

As you already know, I continue to disagree with you on multiple levels.  If my Party dies, I will be consoled it won't be the result of my failure to recognize the true dangers to this Nation, which along with the far left are those on the right side who, election after election continue to want to take the Party back to a fantasized eighteenth century version of "moral" purity.  Hillary may well be elected, but just as with those here who have bragged they helped stop McCain and Romney, your side cannot do everything to hinder a GOP victory and be considered conservative by any definition. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
As you already know, I continue to disagree with you on multiple levels.  If my Party dies, I will be consoled it won't be the result of my failure to recognize the true dangers to this Nation, which along with the far left are those on the right side who, election after election continue to want to take the Party back to a fantasized eighteenth century version of "moral" purity.  Hillary may well be elected, but just as with those here who have bragged they helped stop McCain and Romney, your side cannot do everything to hinder a GOP victory and be considered conservative by any definition.

You can have your party and all the liberalism it now embraces as conservatism.  You made Christian Conservatives your enemy and you purged us from your party.  We wash our hands of it and all of you.

And yes, we will do all we can to hinder, harm and derail liberalism and every other sort of big government idiocracy you folks now embrace as nationalist populism.  We don't care which party or faction it comes from.

Offline MACVSOG68

You can have your party and all the liberalism it now embraces as conservatism.  You made Christian Conservatives your enemy and you purged us from your party.  We wash our hands of it and all of you.

And yes, we will do all we can to hinder, harm and derail liberalism and every other sort of big government idiocracy you folks now embrace as nationalist populism.  We don't care which party or faction it comes from.

Not so.  I've not helped drive the Religious Right out, nor do I suspect you speak for them.  In fact I want to see a political party that encompasses all ideologies of the right.  But have fun with your new party... :pondering:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline RetBobbyMI

Not so.  I've not helped drive the Religious Right out, nor do I suspect you speak for them.  In fact I want to see a political party that encompasses all ideologies of the right.  But have fun with your new party... :pondering:
So then what of the Constitution Party does not meet that criteria?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Not so.  I've not helped drive the Religious Right out, nor do I suspect you speak for them.  In fact I want to see a political party that encompasses all ideologies of the right. 

Doubtful.  You just said that you recognize the "true danger to the nation" is from us "moral purists" (i.e. Christian Conservatives), which is in keeping with the way both Trump and your party have regarded and treated us.

I think you are happy we are purged from your party with the remnant in exodus considering you see us as a 'danger to the nation'.

Which is in perfect harmony with the Trump supporters declaring us to be enemies of the state and traitors.

You have achieved what you and your party desired.  Enjoy.

We wash our hands of you and your dead party.

Offline truth_seeker

Has this site really stooped that low that it is all about name calling?
Ever since the arrivals of #nevertrumps a couple of months ago.

Before that, it was nothing like this at all.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Ever since the arrivals of #nevertrumps a couple of months ago.

Before that, it was nothing like this at all.

Keep praying and petitioning the owners and mods to have us purged from your site ala JR at TOS.

It's what you folks are good at doing.