Author Topic: Americans can choose better than Trump  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Americans can choose better than Trump
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2016, 10:59:51 am »
Trump continued to do business with the Saudis, so I think there might be a flaw in your thinking what he was thinking. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-saudi-arabia-911-business-deals-a7038991.html
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/06/20/saudi-arabia-trumps-travel-ban-providing-15-19-911-hijackers.html

and other Muslim countries
http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/23702-exclusive-trump-eyes-uae-ksa-and-qatar-hotels/

So I don't think that 9/11 had as much effect as you seem t ascribe to it.
I also have done business with people I do not like. Saudi has money. Do you like the Banks/insurance companies, etc.? Yet you do business with them...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2016, 11:13:45 am »
I also have done business with people I do not like. Saudi has money. Do you like the Banks/insurance companies, etc.? Yet you do business with them...
I like the representatives I do business with. Or I take my business elsewhere.

How is that relevant to Trump being 'in on' business deals with Saudis after 9/11 if he felt so badly about friends being killed by (Saudi) terrorists that day?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2016, 11:23:35 am »
I like the representatives I do business with. Or I take my business elsewhere.

How is that relevant to Trump being 'in on' business deals with Saudis after 9/11 if he felt so badly about friends being killed by (Saudi) terrorists that day?
That he does business with one of the richest finances in the world dose not have anything to do with his personal feelings. That's how adults operate. They do not let feelings control their business.

If it benefited your family to deal with somebody you did not like you would likely suck up your feelings and act like the adult. Bottom line Business dealings do not negate personal biases.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2016, 11:37:18 am »
That he does business with one of the richest finances in the world dose not have anything to do with his personal feelings. That's how adults operate. They do not let feelings control their business.

If it benefited your family to deal with somebody you did not like you would likely suck up your feelings and act like the adult. Bottom line Business dealings do not negate personal biases.

Well, I think I see a fundamental difference, here. My principles are not for sale. Go kill my friends, I am not going to toady up to you for a buck. The only reason I would enter into any business arrangement with you would be to crush you and all your line, impoverish you, and put you in the poorhouse or on the street in rags, starving and covered with sores, begging for scraps. Dispassionately, of course. That helps keep the blood off the floor.

So selling out his friends' memories for a buck is okay and "adult", but those same friends memories are a basis for national policy?

As I said, the more I learn about the man, the more I am determined to not vote for him.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2016, 11:50:12 am »
Well, I think I see a fundamental difference, here. My principles are not for sale. Go kill my friends, I am not going to toady up to you for a buck. The only reason I would enter into any business arrangement with you would be to crush you and all your line, impoverish you, and put you in the poorhouse or on the street in rags, starving and covered with sores, begging for scraps. Dispassionately, of course. That helps keep the blood off the floor.

So selling out his friends' memories for a buck is okay and "adult", but those same friends memories are a basis for national policy?

As I said, the more I learn about the man, the more I am determined to not vote for him.
The world does not operate so black and white. You are lucky you can do that. Most higher level players have to use diplomacy in business dealings.The world is what it is, its not a nice place. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2016, 11:13:56 pm »
The world does not operate so black and white. You are lucky you can do that. Most higher level players have to use diplomacy in business dealings.The world is what it is, its not a nice place.
The oil patch is a small world. Either you are trustworthy, or you aren't. If you aren't, I won't do business with you, and word gets around. That isn't saying there aren't some snakes in the grass, just that we try to keep them out.

C S Lewis

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2016, 11:16:28 pm »
The oil patch is a small world. Either you are trustworthy, or you aren't. If you aren't, I won't do business with you, and word gets around. That isn't saying there aren't some snakes in the grass, just that we try to keep them out.
What does trust have to do with the world of corrupt politicians and their graft? Stop trying to get people to chase squirrels.

What ever point you thought you were making missed completely. Since that had nothing to do with the subject.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2016, 01:55:13 am »
What does trust have to do with the world of corrupt politicians and their graft? Stop trying to get people to chase squirrels.

What ever point you thought you were making missed completely. Since that had nothing to do with the subject.
I see. You don't carry on a conversation, just dump a series of disconnected blurbs around. If I can't trust the guy who runs an oil rig, I won't hire him, but apparently you EXPECT those who run an entire country to screw you. Must be New York values or something.

Whoever we elect to public office should be trustworthy, or we should not elect them--and by trustworthy, I don't mean 'can be trusted to screw the voters hard, often, and as much as they can'.

Short of that, Government at all levels is little short of a criminal conspiracy.

C S Lewis