Author Topic: Mexican Flag-Waving Mob Attacks Police, Horses Outside Trump Rally [VIDEO]  (Read 3693 times)

Offline skeeter

This issue is what initially put me on Trump's side last fall. Before I realized it was just a shtick for him.

As far as I am concerned they can open fire on these parasites. I am so sick of their antics.

Offline musiclady

Yes.  The support of a minority of the minority party.  Pretty arrogant for them to call themselves "the people," isn't it?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

This issue is what initially put me on Trump's side last fall. Before I realized it was just a shtick for him.

Unfortunately, it's a schtick that convinced a lot of people that he actually meant what he said.

And that small core is hanging on to his lies for dear life.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sinkspur

Unfortunately, it's a schtick that convinced a lot of people that he actually meant what he said.

And that small core is hanging on to his lies for dear life.....

The terrain will shift yet again when all those Sanders supporters throw in the towel and Bernie gets behind Hillary.

The polls will go back to double digit leads for her.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He can't even unify the GOP.  How could he unify a nation?

How would you "unite" protesters carrying foreign flags and demanding open borders, US benefits and non-assimilation for the millions of people flowing into our nation?  In previous times this would be called an invasion.

And whatever you decide to do for one group--would you also do for any group, from anywhere?

Are we a nation with borders and laws or are we not?

Offline musiclady

The terrain will shift yet again when all those Sanders supporters throw in the towel and Bernie gets behind Hillary.

The polls will go back to double digit leads for her.

I think your prediction is accurate.

When you have 70% of women who can't stand you, there's no way to win the presidency.

He's just too despicable a human being to fool enough people into voting for him in the general.  Of course, he knows this, and IMO, is part of his plan to get his pal, Hillary in office.  Get rid of all the decent Republicans and then hand the WH over to a Clinton.

Offline skeeter

I think your prediction is accurate.

When you have 70% of women who can't stand you, there's no way to win the presidency.

He's just too despicable a human being to fool enough people into voting for him in the general.  Of course, he knows this, and IMO, is part of his plan to get his pal, Hillary in office.  Get rid of all the decent Republicans and then hand the WH over to a Clinton.

Even if he lost Trump would be dining out on this campaign for years. I'm sure its all being taped for future airing.

Ratings gold.

And he'd have an ally in the Oval Office. Its all good.

Offline sinkspur

Even if he lost Trump would be dining out on this campaign for years. I'm sure its all being taped for future airing.

Ratings gold.

And he'd have an ally in the Oval Office. Its all good.

I don't know about that.  The one thing Trump can't stand is a "loser." And he will be a massive, world-famous loser if Hillary beats him.

I don't think he'll take it very well at all.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline goatprairie

Trump breeds insanity. 

I'm not excusing violence, but Trump's whole schtick is based on pitting us against one another.   He exploits prejudice and stokes division,  and the targets of his attacks won't stand idly by while he insults them as rapists and criminals and various other sorts of bad people.

The last thing Trump will do is make America great again.    For the sake of our future, he must be defeated.   
I dislike Trump as much as anyone else who is against him, but he is not responsible for violence at his rallies. The people coming and committing acts of violence are responsible.
These types of things actually make Trump look good and probably increase his numbers in the polls and elsewhere.
All Americans have the right to hold rallies without worrying about being attacked by people with dissenting views. Trump can't be blamed for those yahoos. In fact, immigration is one of the few issues where I agree with him. 
The dopes rioting are going to help get him elected.

Offline MBB1984

Trump breeds insanity. 

I'm not excusing violence, but Trump's whole schtick is based on pitting us against one another.   He exploits prejudice and stokes division,  and the targets of his attacks won't stand idly by while he insults them as rapists and criminals and various other sorts of bad people.

The last thing Trump will do is make America great again.    For the sake of our future, he must be defeated.   

Is that you, Hillary?

Offline goatprairie

Yah, it's an IQ test. If you live in Cleveland you have failed.
Ever read Harvey Pekar's "American Splendor" comic books? They made a movie several yeara ago about Pekar who died a few years ago. Paul Giamatti played Pekar.  In his comic books Pekar detailed life in Cleveland and had stories about the decline. Doesn't look like a place I'd want to live.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Is that you, Hillary?

Nah, just a long-standing member of the party of Reagan, Kemp, Goldwater and Buckley who opposes Trump's toxic blend of alt-right fascism.

Now,  I'll repeat myself - I condemn violence at Trump rallies, including violence by protesters.   Trump can and will be defeated at the ballot box,  by those patriotic citizens of all stripes who recognize the existential danger he represents.   For months and months, I opposed the man within the context of the GOP primary battle,  hoping that he could be defeated before the convention, rather than in November.   But November will be the last opportunity we have to reject this idiot.   And reject him we must, lest the fabric of this nation be torn apart.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump breeds insanity. 

Bullsh*t!     

You're acting just like the DEM-msm....blaming Trump for scheduling a rally...during his presidential campaign. 

AND....you're  :whistle: past the graveyard.

Oh sure.....we're going to read/hear that the rioters...er, protesters, were "passionate" about their cause.   They won't call them a Leftist Mob.   

They won't say a word about the Right to Assembly and Right of Free Speech and the Right to Pursue Happiness.

IOW....infringing on Donald Trump supporters.

"Supporters" who didn't retaliate.  God forbid, Albuquerque would become 'ground zero' for a week for every news outlet in the world.

You have to open your eyes, @Jazzhead .    Lose the hate!   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I dislike Trump as much as anyone else who is against him, but he is not responsible for violence at his rallies. The people coming and committing acts of violence are responsible.

These types of things actually make Trump look good and probably increase his numbers in the polls and elsewhere.
All Americans have the right to hold rallies without worrying about being attacked by people with dissenting views. Trump can't be blamed for those yahoos. In fact, immigration is one of the few issues where I agree with him. 

The dopes rioting are going to help get him elected.

:beer:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:43:21 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
What this primary has shown is that trump and many of his supporters are no better. He has his minions online attacking anyone not bowing before him (remember the online poll results after his disastrous debates).  He uses the art of threats and intimidation, lies, innuendo, and slander to silence opponents. It is sad, because I always thought our party was better. I see that we are not as anything trump
does bad is defended with tortured logic by many of his supporters. That being said, I agree 100% the protesters using violence and intimidation to silence trump are the scum of the earth.

I have to differ with that.  I think Trump is a scumbag, and have said many times that his tactics disgust me.  But they are still just words, and he has not advocated violent disruption of his opponents campaign rallies.  That leap from saying nasty things, to using violence to intimidate political opposition, is of Grand Canyon proportions.

No valid comparison, at least to me.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I have to differ with that.  I think Trump is a scumbag, and have said many times that his tactics disgust me.  But they are still just words, and he has not advocated violent disruption of his opponents campaign rallies.  That leap from saying nasty things, to using violence to intimidate political opposition, is of Grand Canyon proportions.

No valid comparison, at least to me.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

How would you "unite" protesters carrying foreign flags and demanding open borders, US benefits and non-assimilation for the millions of people flowing into our nation?  In previous times this would be called an invasion.

I also dislike the "unite the country" meme.  The country hasn't been united for a very long time -- we have intense disagreements on core principles, and it would be impossible to unite unless we abandon those principles.  And screw that. 

Though I think Trump has said many things that needlessly divide potential allies, the truth is the "division" the left is talking about is simply Trump (and others) pointing the finger at those pre-existing divisions, and fighting back on issues where a lot of folks have been lying down.   I think that fight really started, in some respects, with the "All Lives Matter" movement, where some people finally got sick and tired of accepting everything the left said for fear of being labelled a bigot.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Protests at Trump rallies are mainly Marxist inspired gullible high school/college age youths. Hispanics and white sympathizers with Marxism, Alinskey, La Raza, etc.

For example they take an American flag, and an Mexican flag. Sew them together back to back, to express a divided loyalty.

Really disappointing to see #nevertrump among the sympathizers (in spite of protestations to the contrary).
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Protests at Trump rallies are mainly Marxist inspired gullible high school/college age youths. Hispanics and white sympathizers with Marxism, Alinskey, La Raza, etc.

For example they take an American flag, and an Mexican flag. Sew them together back to back, to express a divided loyalty.

Really disappointing to see #nevertrump among the sympathizers (in spite of protestations to the contrary).

I'd argue that the moment you raise the flag of another country in a political protest, you're the one dividing people.

Offline truth_seeker

I'd argue that the moment you raise the flag of another country in a political protest, you're the one dividing people.

Many from the #nevertrump faction are blaming Trump for inciting such displays.

I guess their approach would be "peace through timidity" - the ultimate political correctness

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Many from the #nevertrump faction are blaming Trump for inciting such displays.

I guess their approach would be "peace through timidity" - the ultimate political correctness

I don't like that either.  I'd be perfectly happy with a Republican who flat-out called out the waving of the Mexican flag (other than for something like Cinco de Mayo) for what is -- evidence of divided (at best) loyalties.

I once had to fill a seat at a La Raza event, and absolutely could not believe that stuff that was being said openly.

Offline libertybele

I suspect  Soros money is behind most of it.

??? Trump and Soros run in the same circle.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

I don't like that either.  I'd be perfectly happy with a Republican who flat-out called out the waving of the Mexican flag (other than for something like Cinco de Mayo) for what is -- evidence of divided (at best) loyalties.

I once had to fill a seat at a La Raza event, and absolutely could not believe that stuff that was being said openly.
I am a native of SoCal. Both Calif. and Texas have about 37% self-identified "Hispanic," but most of them are native born citizens.

The majority are just as patriotic as anybody. The small fringe minority La Raza types are just that a small minority.

I attended the Trump rally in Costa Mesa. There were far, far more Hispanics inside attending the rally than the handful of violent ones outside.

Offline libertybele

I'm glad you brought up LaRaza.  One of Hillary's VP considerations is Julian Castro; his mother  was a Chicana political activist who helped establish the Chicano political party La Raza Unida.

That's why it was so utterly stupid for Trump to attack Martinez...he's going to need all the help he can get with the Hispanic vote.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I'm glad you brought up LaRaza.  One of Hillary's VP considerations is Julian Castro; his mother  was a Chicana political activist who helped establish the Chicano political party La Raza Unida.

That's why it was so utterly stupid for Trump to attack Martinez...he's going to need all the help he can get with the Hispanic vote.

Yeah, it was dumb.  I don't have a problem with him calling out La Raza for some of the statements made by it's leaders over time, though.  Point he should emphasize is that we're all Americans, regardless of where we came from.

Though I'm not entirely sure he believes that....