Author Topic: Trump Destroys Kasich’s Eating Style: ‘I Have Never Seen a Human Being Eat in Such a Disgusting Fashion’  (Read 6971 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

HAPPY2BME

In the poll "what candidate would you rather have a beer with" - Trump is the big loser in my book.   If the way Kasich eats grosses him out, he would throw-up sitting in with us men around the fire at deer camp, or having lunch on a crab boat.

=======================================

Trump doesn't drink alcohol.  At all.

So you'll just have to get drunk with Kasich at his concession speech party.  Free food.  Probably hot dogs.

Offline mountaineer

If Trump's penis is up for grabs, why shouldn't Kasich's eating habits be also?
Uh, if you want to grab it, feel free. Personally, I don't care about that or Kasich's table manners.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

I guess this is a far more important issue than pervert men in bathrooms and locker rooms.

Absolutely and those who even think about issues like the second amendment, economy, and national security, be damned!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Difference is that he brought his "Little Donald" up didn't he?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

What you want to grab his penis?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
=======================================

Trump doesn't drink alcohol.  At all.

Neither did GW Bush. No alcohol at all, ever.

Same goes for me too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

Absolutely and those who even think about issues like the second amendment, economy, and national security, be damned!!

or the Supreme Court or Taxes..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

geronl

Trump is pretending to have never watched a Melania video

Offline Chosen Daughter

Uh, if you want to grab it, feel free. Personally, I don't care about that or Kasich's table manners.

Me either.  What a toddler.  Leave it to a liberal to judge everything a person does.  Would you want to vote for this? 

And if he wants to criticize eating habits why hasn't he taken a shot at Christie?  The truth is he is targeting voters that don't share his rich etiquette.  Bet he has a whole stadium full of big bites and if he thinks otherwise he is nuts.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

Me either.  What a toddler.  Leave it to a liberal to judge everything a person does.  Would you want to vote for this? 

And if he wants to criticize eating habits why hasn't he taken a shot at Christie?  The truth is he is targeting voters that don't share his rich etiquette.  Bet he has a whole stadium full of big bites and if he thinks otherwise he is nuts.

Donnie may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but he's as low brow as they come.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Donnie may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but he's as low brow as they come.

Yep

Offline musiclady

Yep

I guess the crude, vulgar behavior is what has fooled people into thinking he's an "outsider."

But Donnie is as "insider" as they come.  He IS the establishment.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

HAPPY2BME

Neither did GW Bush. No alcohol at all, ever.

=============================

Only in amerikuh ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPYpzA4e0r0

Offline musiclady

You always find just the right words.

I was weaned on 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary.   ^-^

Offline musiclady

BTW, I'm not going to have time for this website anymore, but I want to thank you for the great conversations.  I'm glad to see the site doing so well with so many awesome new members.  WOW!  Very cool.  I'll stop by once in awhile.  Keep up the good work.  See ya.

NO!!  Where are you going??  We were getting along so well!

(Don't leave!!!  **nononono* )

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Donnie may have been born with a silver foot in his mouth, but he's as low brow as they come.

Fixed!

That said, I don't think I'd enjoy sitting down to a meal with John Kasich. His table manners
put you in mind of Chesterton's question of whether it's civility if a cannibal can use a knife
and a fork.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Chosen Daughter

BTW, I'm not going to have time for this website anymore, but I want to thank you for the great conversations.  I'm glad to see the site doing so well with so many awesome new members.  WOW!  Very cool.  I'll stop by once in awhile.  Keep up the good work.  See ya.

What are you going to do instead of talk to us?  We would miss you lots.

Wingnut

Offline CaliGirl

The news media must of had different shots of Kasich's eating because I never saw what everyone posted about. I saw Kasich eating like anyone else, very human!

Offline NavyCanDo

I suppose when you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, and you have little tiny hands,  you have to eat dainty. Like a little girl at a tea  party.  If that's you, It's understandable that watching men eat, they way they belch, wipe food off their chin with their sleeve, and God forbid have their elbows on the table, and maybe toss a bit of food to the dog under the table, it might freak you out a bit.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:20:26 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

A-Lert

I suppose when you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, and you have little tiny hands,  you have to eat dainty. Like a little girl at a tea  party.  If that's you, It's understandable that watching men eat, they way they belch, wipe food off their shin with their sleeve, and God forbid have their elbows on the table, and maybe toss a bit of food to the dog under the table, it might freak you out a bit.

Wipe food off their shin?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Eh, that sauce gets everywhere.

Though I am a little baffled about a more general phenomenon - what the hell is it with candidates eating in public view anyways? They shovel down mountains of god awful swill and have to look like they enjoy it.  **nononono*

Of course they bloody well eat - they are human. (Rubio possibly excepted.)

Having said that, Kasich does go at it like a man on a mission though. Least the clips I've seen.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I suppose when you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, and you have little tiny hands,  you have to eat dainty. Like a little girl at a tea  party.  If that's you, It's understandable that watching men eat, they way they belch, wipe food off their shin with their sleeve, and God forbid have their elbows on the table, and maybe toss a bit of food to the dog under the table, it might freak you out a bit.

Donaldus Minimus calling out John Kasich (quick, someone come up with a good nickname on the jerk, I'm parched!)
on his food manners may be just about the only thing to respect about him these days, granted that his tongue
is no more civil than Mr. Kasich's apparent public dining style. Remember that, because I don't sing Donaldus Minimus's
praises about just about anything very often, if at all. And his campaign style has done nothing but to suggest himself
as the last upon whom I'd call for counsel about civilised behaviours.

It isn't just the silver spoon crowd (or, in The Donald's case, those who were born with silver feet in their mouths)
who were taught once upon a time that a good meal was more than just shoving it into your trap until your trap couldn't
hold anymore and you had a hugely visible lump in your throat when the food went down. Popeye the Sailor downing a
can of spinach in a cartoon was amusing. (And when most of us were children, we knew better. [Didn't we?]) John
Kasich shoveling his mouth full of whatever slop he was shoveling into his mouth was a slob.

I'm not speaking from a perch atop some platinum tower. I wasn't exactly born into poverty, but it wouldn't
have been unfair to say I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth and adopted as a baby by parents who could
afford to feed me with a stainless steel spoon. Until, of course, I was old enough to learn how to use eating utensils.
There was no debate in our house. You ate the proper way at the table, or you starved for the time being, whether
it was legitimate finger food or a full course meal.

I once asked my parents, cleverly enough, where the next dinner party was, then. That'd teach me. They
took me to one, thrown by friends of theirs. I was six years old and awkward enough as it was, but I knew
a small something of dinner parties. (One or another set of friends of theirs was throwing one regularly.) Now I
had wisecracked myself right into my first such one. Somehow, some way, I passed my circumcision of fire
(what did you expect a Jewish guy to describe, his baptism of fire?) at that rather large, somewhat festive,
and (when the mashed turnips came out, in this case) rather intimidating table.

Mine were not the most democratic parents alive. But they never again counter-challenged me when asking
questions regarding food. On the other hand, the childhood cliche (addressed to the particularly unruly), "Dress
you up but can't take you anywhere," meant something deeper. What was the point of dressing up a pig, with
or without lipstick? So, allowing that in the early to mid 1960s money wasn't half as inflated as today and
a family of four whose breadwinner earned passable if not extravagant bread could do so at reasonable
intervals, my parents were frequent believers in dining out. It gave them a distinct pleasure and, while they
were at it, imposed a few reasonable exercises in manners upon their two young sons.

They didn't come by this pretentiously or as any kind of yuppie (oops---in those years we would have said
"upwardly mobile" and not even touched the idea of a pun off the name of a band of radical bean-heads)
affectation. My father was the son of a New York City police officer (in a generation during which "New York's
Finest" really did mean something, if you didn't count the Harry Gross scandal of 1950); my mother, the
daughter of a New York City jeweler. Men's men, the pair of them. Married to stout hearted daughters of
Sarah. They didn't come from money new, old, or ancient.

My grandparents never discouraged the pleasure of food. (My maternal grandmother's kitchen would have
put the toniest restaurant's cuisine to absolute shame; my mother's, almost equal, emphasis on almost.)
They would have been appalled at today's apparent mission (consecrated by whom?) to rid our world, or at
least our meal tables, of everything other than officially sanctioned nutrition. My two grandfathers died in
1972 and 1984, respectively, but I'd bet my maternal grandmother demanded the Nobel Peace Prize for Julia
Child in 1990, when that engaging chef said plainly and factually, "[People] are no longer enjoying food the
way they once did, and the dinner table is becoming a trap rather than a pleasure."

As my grandparents taught their children, who taught their own children in turn, a mannered meal table
was not a trap but a kind of liberation, and a mannered diner was in fact a kind of liberated man or woman.
Liberated from what? How does from the beast strike you. Did we humans evolve in order to devolve? G.K.
Chesterton once asked whether it indicated "civilisation" if a cannibal learned to use a knife and a fork. What
would he call a human who learned (probably not at his parents' or grandparents' meal tables) to eat like a
beast?

I don't know John Kasich personally at all, never mind having experienced a meal with him elsewhere. At least
two generations of nannies---official, merely professional, and otherwise---have had it backward. They carp
about what we eat and care nothing about how we do it. They fear our poisoned bodies and don't give a
thought to our poisoned civilities. "The abolition of ancien-regime etiquette by French revolutionaries was all
very well," Judith (Miss Manners) Martin once said, lecturing at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government,
"but who wants to watch a bunch of revolutionaries eat dinner?"

Apparently, Mr. Kasich and his defenders think the civilised dinner table was a trap designed to emasculate
men who have been emasculated by many things but not their parents' and grandparents' civilised
meals. Since I reject nannyism in any way, shape, or form (I parented my own son, I taught my son,
I didn't just object or repel things for the perverse pleasure of carping), I am obliged to say it simply
and, God help me, democratically:

If someone wants to eat like a pig, feel free. If someone can't hold a belch or cover their mouths if it proves
impossible, or use a legitimate napkin in place of your shirt sleeve, or save his or her flatulence for the
appropriate closed bathroom, that's their business entirely. Just don't expect to see me at their dinner tables.
Or them at mine.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:15:14 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mountaineer

Though I am a little baffled about a more general phenomenon - what the hell is it with candidates eating in public view anyways? They shovel down mountains of god awful swill and have to look like they enjoy it.  **nononono*   ...
Having said that, Kasich does go at it like a man on a mission though. Least the clips I've seen.
I heard about one minute of Limbaugh yesterday and that's exactly what he said, that people in the public eye should try not to be seeing eating at all because it's so difficult to look good doing it. What little I've seen of Kasich's dining habits, though, I must say remind me of what someone once said of a video clip in which the actress Sarah Jessica Parker was chewing gum:  "She chews gum like it's her job."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org