Author Topic: FBI was authorized to use ‘deadly force’ in classified docs search at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, court fili  (Read 471 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So .... other news entities are reporting that this fact has been drummed up by Trump -- I think it is likely true.  They were ready to take him out.  This was a topic of discussion today by Clay Travis and Buck Sexton.  I listened to it for awhile and I was stunned.  They brought up the fact that Trump has secret service and for the FBI to be allowed to use deadly force is beyond concerning.

FBI was authorized to use ‘deadly force’ in classified docs search at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, court filings reveal

The Department of Justice authorized “the use of deadly force” when FBI agents swarmed former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in August 2022 looking for classified documents, according to court filings Tuesday.

Agents in the Aug. 8 raid were tasked with seizing “classified information, [National Defense Information], and US Government records,” reads to an operations order revealed in evidence as part of Trump’s criminal case involving the allegedly mishandled documents in Florida.

The authorities also were told to conceal their “law enforcement equipment” and come armed with “ammo,” “handcuffs” and “medium and large sized bolt cutters,” notes the filing by lawyers for the former president..............

.................“The FBI followed standard protocol in this search as we do for all search warrants, which includes a standard policy statement limiting the use of deadly force,” the agency said in a statement. “No one ordered additional steps to be taken and there was no departure from the norm in this matter.”

According to the lawyers, Todd Blanche and Christopher Kise, the nearly 10-hour “unconstitutional” search swept through the Palm Beach estate’s gym and kitchen, as well as the bedroom suite of former first lady Melania Trump and the bedroom of the couple’s teenage son Barron Trump.

FBI agents only discovered classified documents in a basement storage room, an office of the former president and rooms adjacent to the office.

The government says Trump illegally removed the documents, which include “national defense information,” from the White House, while the former president says he has done nothing illegal. ....................

https://nypost.com/2024/05/21/us-news/fbi-was-authorized-to-use-deadly-force-in-mar-a-lago-classified-docs-search/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Whether Trump did something illegal or not, for the FBI to be authorized to use deadly force is unbelievable.  This is indeed an example of how far the left will go to interfere with an election.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Whether Trump did something illegal or not, for the FBI to be authorized to use deadly force is unbelievable.  This is indeed an example of how far the left will go to interfere with an election.

It's a nothing burger...just a boilerplate document that is attached to all DoJ/FBI search warrants and operations orders.

FACT FOCUS: Trump Distorts Use of 'Deadly Force' Language in FBI Document for Mar-A-Lago Search

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2024-05-22/fact-focus-trump-distorts-use-of-deadly-force-language-in-fbi-document-for-mar-a-lago-search

Former President Donald Trump pointed to standard language in an unsealed FBI document to baselessly claim that the Biden administration wanted to kill him during a search of his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, nearly two years ago.

“WOW! I just came out of the Biden Witch Hunt Trial in Manhattan, the ‘Icebox,’ and was shown Reports that Crooked Joe Biden’s DOJ, in their illegal and UnConstitutional Raid of Mar-a-Lago, AUTHORIZED THE FBI TO USE DEADLY (LETHAL) FORCE,” Trump wrote in a post on his social media platform Truth Social on Tuesday night. "NOW WE KNOW, FOR SURE, THAT JOE BIDEN IS A SERIOUS THREAT TO DEMOCRACY. HE IS MENTALLY UNFIT FOR OFFICE — 25TH AMENDMENT!”

The claim was also boosted online by his supporters.

But the language Trump referenced is a standard policy statement used for issuing search warrants and was not unique to the FBI’s search of his property. It is actually meant to limit the use of deadly force.

(snip)

Frank Figliuzzi, a former assistant director for counterintelligence at the FBI, reiterated in an X post what the agency said in its statement.

“Yep, every FBI operations order contains a reminder of FBI deadly force policy,” he wrote. “Even for a search warrant. Deadly force is always authorized if the required threat presents itself.”

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It's a nothing burger...just a boilerplate document that is attached to all DoJ/FBI search warrants and operations orders.

FACT FOCUS: Trump Distorts Use of 'Deadly Force' Language in FBI Document for Mar-A-Lago Search

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2024-05-22/fact-focus-trump-distorts-use-of-deadly-force-language-in-fbi-document-for-mar-a-lago-search

???? So it's standard to authorize the FBI to use deadly force against an ex-president that has his a secret service team??

IMHO thye would have taken Trump out had they had the opportunity.  I believe that was their intent.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

???? So it's standard to authorize the FBI to use deadly force against an ex-president that has his a secret service team??

It's standard language on a standard document for the FBI to use deadly force against anybody subject to a search warrant or operations order.  Like I said, it was a boilerplate document attached to the Mar-a-Lago search warrant.

IMHO thye would have taken Trump out had they had the opportunity.  I believe that was their intent.

No it wasn't....that would have resulted in a REAL uprising and the FBI knows it, and would never risk such a thing, especially throwing down against the Secret Service.  This is just more bureaucratic and public relations incompetence by the DoJ.

Listen, I think the DoJ warrant and raid on Mar-a-Lago was as stupid, corrupt, and blatantly illegal as anyone else, but to claim that the FBI went there to do a hit on Trump based on a couple of misread documents attached to that warrant is just dumb and perhaps wishful thinking.  The agents in charge mindlessly threw together the standard warrant package, like the good little bureaucrats they are, without considering how those standard "deadly force" attachments would look to the public in general, and Trump supporters in particular.  Smith and perhaps even the judge understood immediately the impact, which is why they were probably sealed and locked away for a while before the judge released them.

Most conspiracies involving Biden are real, but here, this one (to "engage" and taker out Trump and his USSS protection team) is not.  With that saiud, I imagine that relations between the FBI and USSS have to be rock bottom right now. 

Meanwhile...

BREAKING: Now It's Jack Smith Who Wants to Silence Trump—Files Friday Night Gag Order Request

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2024/05/25/breaking-now-its-jack-smith-who-wants-to-silence-trumpfiles-friday-night-gag-order-request-n2174643

In his request, Smith asked the court to impose a condition that would bar Trump from making public statements that could “pose a significant, imminent, and foreseeable danger to the law enforcement agents participating in the investigation and prosecution of this case.”

“Whether a particular statement meets that test “must be determined by reference to the statement’s full context,” the filing reads. “But that condition would clearly prohibit further statements deceptively claiming that the agents involved in the execution of the search warrant were engaged in an effort to kill him, his family, or Secret Service agents.”
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 06:57:51 am by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus