Author Topic: Where Have all the Real Men Gone? How the feminization of culture and the decline of the male hero i  (Read 554 times)

Online mountaineer

A female psychiatrist's take:
Where Have all the Real Men Gone?
How the feminization of culture and the decline of the male hero is ruining everything for everybody (Part 1)
Pairodocs
Apr 25, 2024

I like men. I like the fact that they are different from women—that they are from Mars while we are from Venus. I like the fact that they're always trying to fix things. It's adorable, even when it's annoying. Men are not women—even though you can now get yourself banned from social media for saying so out loud. ...

When I was growing up, this is how our culture portrayed men: Yes, the Marlboro Man. ... We all know that the stereotype I’ve just described is a product of the patriarchy (the white Christian cis-heteronormative patriarchy, to be precise) and we know this because the venerable American Psychological Association—an organization increasingly dominated by women—has said so. In its 2018 Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Men and Boys, the APA concluded that “traditional masculinity — marked by stoicism, competitiveness, dominance, and aggression — is, on the whole, harmful.”  ...

Without heroes and positive male role models (which create expectations for behaviour) both men and women—and boys and girls—are suffering. If we immerse boys and young men in a culture that tells them their innate traits are toxic, that their contributions are not needed and that we expect nothing of them, how could they fail to live down to our low expectations? When we tell them that striving and competing are proof that they are toxic males, can we blame them for choosing to stay in mom’s basement playing video games and smoking dope? ...

Everywhere we turn, boys are failing, falling behind academically (at every level), dropping out of the workforce and killing themselves in record numbers. Although “experts” tell us we are still living in a patriarchy, it’s hard to escape the sense that we are increasingly living in a toxic matriarchy, complete with emotional reasoning, “mean girl” ethics, and a culture of radical safetyism at the expense of Malboro-Man-style liberty and honour. Contra the APA, I would argue that what we need is more stoicism and less concern with the “feelings” of those who choose to embrace victimhood. ...
Read entire essay at https://pairodocs.substack.com/p/where-have-all-the-real-men-gone

See also Part 2: Welcome to the Gynocracy

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A female psychiatrist's take:Read entire essay at https://pairodocs.substack.com/p/where-have-all-the-real-men-gone

See also Part 2: Welcome to the Gynocracy
Excellent article, excellent site! Thanks for that link!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

It all started with the emergence of the battleaxe ...

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Thanks for posting @mountaineer , excellent articles and a very interesting site.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thanks for posting @mountaineer , excellent articles and a very interesting site.

:yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Part 2 (link above) is interesting, too. Excerpt:
... Women moved into positions of power and influence and now make up almost 60% of medical school grads, 56% of new lawyers, more than 80% of new veterinarians, 56% of federal public service employees, 53% of working journalists, 66% of university administrators and an astonishing 75% of Ivy League university presidents. Meanwhile the traditionally female occupations—like education and nursing—remain overwhelmingly female. Congratulations, ladies, we have literally taken over just about everything. (*Isn’t it funny how the only thing the media ever reports on is the continuing “underrepresentation” of females in STEM fields and the CEO Suite? But I digress.)  ...

When asked to explain why he had chosen 50% of his cabinet ministers from a relatively small and unimpressive pool of female MP’s, Justin Trudeau famously answered: “Because it’s 2015.” Barrack Obama made similar statements during and after his presidency. “If more woman were put in charge,” he opined in 2019, “there would be less war, kids would be better taken care of and there would be a general improvement in living standards and outcomes.”

But more women have been put in charge. Education and healthcare, to take just two obvious examples, are now overwhelmingly female-dominated. Do you feel like we are achieving better outcomes? Do you believe there’s been a general improvement in living standards as we’ve collectively become less stoic and more reflexively empathic? Less competitive and more safety-focused? More emotional and less rational?  ...

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Quote from: article
“We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.”

―C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Article even had great quotes...

Edit: Oh Wow, the second article throws and lands some heavy punches.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 08:05:09 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

Part 2 (link above) is interesting, too. Excerpt:

Someone should explain to me how women in the workforce leads to a better society.

It lead to 2 income households. When all that started, the woman went to work to buy drapes and pretty things that her husband could not afford. But double the labor force and the price of labor will eventually be split in half. It's a simple matter of supply and demand... And here we are now... Both parents need to work to make ends meet. Desperately.

And who then is watching the kids?
Te hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

As for men... He will always fall short of what a woman demands of him.Demand a lot and he will go to the ends of the earth and back to prove it to a woman that loves him... And fall short.

But demand little of him and he will still fall just short of her expectation.

It's the women that are doing it. Men will always build for them that which they ask for.
This is the place of safety to raise up your children?

Online mountaineer

I agree, @roamer_1  - and you're getting into Harrison Butker territory now, I suspect. Pariah!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Someone should explain to me how women in the workforce leads to a better society.

It lead to 2 income households. When all that started, the woman went to work to buy drapes and pretty things that her husband could not afford. But double the labor force and the price of labor will eventually be split in half. It's a simple matter of supply and demand... And here we are now... Both parents need to work to make ends meet. Desperately.

As observed during the late '60s and into the '70s, culminating in the inflation of the late '70s...which meant the wages were not only worth less, but those who hadn't succumbed to the push to have a two income household could seldom afford to not have a two income household.

And who then is watching the kids?
Te hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

Why the budding little communists who were (even then) taking over education, of course!

As for men... He will always fall short of what a woman demands of him.Demand a lot and he will go to the ends of the earth and back to prove it to a woman that loves him... And fall short.

But demand little of him and he will still fall just short of her expectation.

One of the consumer oriented market's foibles is the inplanting of never being satisfied with anything but the newest, fanciest, most stylish, keep-up-with-the-Jones' stuff. Of course those who sat and watched the latest styles on TV and graduated to the backbiting world of employment among other women who would talk about things that mattered (like last year's wardrobe on their co-workers, or their lack of the newest car) would fall victim to the mentality that what they have is never enough, and there were legions of poor sods who got caught up in trying to appease that mentality.

It's the women that are doing it. Men will always build for them that which they ask for.
This is the place of safety to raise up your children?

We are protectors and providers by nature. We can easily get caught up in the frenzy to make functionally meaningless amendments to our world for her benefit. The trick is to find a woman who isn't so impressed by all that... I was so blessed.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 09:48:52 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

We are protectors and providers by nature. We can easily get caught up in the frenzy to make functionally meaningless amendments to our world for her benefit. The trick is to find a woman who isn't so impressed by all that... I was so blessed.

True... Your whole post... But I was not pointing at materialism, which always will remain in some sort of way...

I was speaking more to what is necessary to elevate a man above his barbarian default.

A woman to keep his honor dusted off, and to plant a garden and a garden fence around his more genteel nature... There is one. She can do it. I am so glad that you found yours.

Offline roamer_1

I agree, @roamer_1  - and you're getting into Harrison Butker territory now, I suspect. Pariah!

Thank you for that - His graduation speech I would suppose. I was uninformed.

Rudyard Kipling had it right in 'The Female of the Species'

The perception that a woman can compete in a male space (the dreaded Patriarchy) should be met by women with 'Why would she?' The patriarchy remains unscathed. It is the matriarchy that suffers most. I weep for that.