Author Topic: Climate Change Reporters Call the End of Fossil Fuel – in the Middle of Record Demand  (Read 79 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change Reporters Call the End of Fossil Fuel – in the Middle of Record Demand
18 hours ago Eric Worrall

Essay by Eric Worrall

“… Even though we might be seeing record high prices at the moment, and therefore record high revenue for governments, the overall trend is going to be downwards. …”

The fingerprints of climate change are all over a budget navigating an economy in transition

By climate reporter Jess Davis and climate lead Tim Leslie
Posted Sat 18 May 2024 at 5:35am

Modelling of natural disasters in different climate scenarios could see government spending increase exponentially.

Preparing for the end of the fossil fuel era

While it’s full of figures and tables, the budget also is an opportunity for the government to draw attention to things it thinks are important. And this year it highlighted an unexpected boon from record fossil fuel profits.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/05/20/climate-change-reporters-call-the-end-of-coal-and-gas-in-the-middle-of-record-demand/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson