Author Topic: Three years into Operation Lone Star, Texas sheriff highlights successes  (Read 106 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Three years into Operation Lone Star, Texas sheriff highlights successes

The group includes law enforcement officers from roughly 30 agencies in nearly 20 counties dedicated to stopping cartel-related trafficking and smuggling operations.

By Bethany Blankley | The Center Square contributor
Published: May 15, 2024 11:00pm

Three years into Texas’ border security mission, Operation Lone Star, a Texas sheriff is highlighting the successful efforts of his deputies, who have been involved in a multi-county operation committed to combating cartel-related crime.

Retiring Jackson County Sheriff Kelly Janica was a founding member of an Operation Lone Star Task Force headed up by Goliad Sheriff Roy Boyd. Janica, who came out of semi-retirement to fill an open sheriff’s seat in December 2021, soon joined Boyd’s OLS task force. The group includes law enforcement officers from roughly 30 agencies in nearly 20 counties dedicated to stopping cartel-related trafficking and smuggling operations.

“We send these men and women into harm's way every day,” Janica said in a video his office put together to educate county residents, and Texans, about the successes and dangerous work of the task force. The video depicts deputies involved in thwarting cartel-related criminal activity, and engaged in high-speed car chases and bailouts. Accompanying it is audio from part of a 2017 Liberty University commencement speech given by former President Donald Trump. In it, he encourages graduates, and Americans, to “never, ever give up.”

https://justthenews.com/nation/state...ghts-successes
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson