Author Topic: Hazardous heat engulfs South Florida as Miami issues first May Heat Advisory in 15 years  (Read 4383 times)

Online Hoodat

I am pretty much outa here anyway. Too much of masturbatory circle jerk echo chamber. Even when presented with facts that contradicts their narrow misinformed view (in many cases  not all)  it's your a Troll lol

Speaking of being presented with facts, how is it that you still refuse to explain why it is a good idea for taxpayers to subsidize the battery industry when hydrogen tanks are lighter, cheaper, more environmentally friendly, and have a longer range than batteries?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

How about you stop trolling/stalking this member?  Geez...after only 4 replies you got at him...again.

People have the right to maintain different opinions than you.

Wow.  Just wow.  I'm guessing you really can't see how hypocritical your statement is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Thank you.

I am pretty much outa here anyway. Too much of masturbatory circle jerk echo chamber. Even when presented with facts that contradicts their narrow misinformed view (in many cases  not all)  it's your a Troll lol

What is scary that even when presented with facts they refuse to believe any different or they put me on ignore. I have admitted here numerous times I was wrong when presented with research.

This is why I have become an independent.

See YA

@mystery-ak

Okay then, you made your point with the big bold font.   :seeya:
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline banddag

Uh, no.  It was a cooling issue, not a warming issue.
Please do some basic internet research

What happened to the Georgia peach crop in 2023?
[b]Last year, Georgia lost more than 90% of the peach crop after an abnormally warm winter caused trees to bloom too early. Freezing temps destroyed Georgia's peach crop in 2023.Mar 25, 2024[/b]

Georgia: What can we expect from this year's peach crop? - WJCL
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 01:24:49 am by banddag »

Offline banddag

Speaking of being presented with facts, how is it that you still refuse to explain why it is a good idea for taxpayers to subsidize the battery industry when hydrogen tanks are lighter, cheaper, more environmentally friendly, and have a longer range than batteries?

I am convinced you have mental issue..autism??  I have told you at least 4-5 times. If the car co;s thought  hydrogen tanks were viable they would be pursuing it. They are not. Toyota gave a half arse attempt at it.  How hard is this too  understand.

I will type   SLLOOOOWLLY.. CAR  CO's ARE  NOOOOOTT INNTERESTED IS pUUUURSING IT. Get it?

Hydrogen has way too many faults to be safe, too hard to transport, infrastructure would be a nightmare.

Offline LMAO

Even the owner felt the need to warn @sneakypete to stop the insults...yet the reason he went into lurk mode is because the same half-dozen pets in here are given free passes.

Lol

A little Revisionist history

That particular individual had no problem telling posters that they supported the likes of Jeb Bush for not supporting Trump or telling other posters the reason why they didn’t support Trump because he was orange and rude  and that they were jealous of his wealth

Perhaps you’ve forgotten
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

We had a very mild,  dry winter.

But the last 10 winters we had average to above average snowfall and average to below average temperatures

And late springs. El Niño gave us a break this year.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline banddag

I really wish this was true.  With a 20°F increase in global temperatures, this planet could easily supply enough arable land to support a population of 20 billion.

SMH.  Show a link to incredulous statement. If temps rose 20 degrees the United States  would become  a desert .

Online Hoodat

Please do some basic internet research

What happened to the Georgia peach crop in 2023?
Last year, Georgia lost more than 90% of the peach crop after an abnormally warm winter caused trees to bloom too early. Freezing temps destroyed Georgia's peach crop in 2023.Mar 25, 2024[/b]

Georgia: What can we expect from this year's peach crop? - WJCL

I did do some basic internet research.  You did too, except you once again failed to read your own links before posting.

Online Hoodat

I am convinced you have mental issue..autism??  I have told you at least 4-5 times. If the car co;s thought  hydrogen tanks were viable they would be pursuing it. They are not. Toyota gave a half arse attempt at it.  How hard is this too  understand.

For the fourth time:  https://www.toyota.com/mirai/

Posted twice already on this thread:

Here's the 2024 model which you have twice now claimed that Toyota has dropped, even after being provided evidence to the contrary.

Offline banddag

:pondering: What is 'garbage land'?

We are supposed to shun fossil fuels for the good of the Earth by using 'green' power generated by equipment that than still kills animals and sea life.

1. garbage land = ex strip mined land, old landfills, land deemed too unsafe to grow anything on it due to past industrial damage-superfund sites

2. Windmills kill approx 250-300 thousand birds per  year,.   Cats, cars. glass windows, high power lines, building kill 2.5 to 3 billion birds er year. Turbine co's are working on ways to stop the bird kills.

Offline banddag

I did do some basic internet research.  You did too, except you once again failed to read your own links before posting.

Do you understand  how trees bloom-the time frame?

Last year, Georgia lost more than 90% of the peach crop after an abnormally warm winter caused trees to bloom too early and then freeze came along and destroyed the buds

HINT: If GA did not have an abnormally warm winter the buds would not have come out to be killed by the freeze.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 01:51:27 am by banddag »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Wow.  Just wow.  I'm guessing you really can't see how hypocritical your statement is.

Arguing about a GOP candidate for the presidency which ultimately proved my prediction was correct...that his presidency was supremely successful despite the enemies in and outside the gates is one thing.

Picking on a member who is insulted as a "troll" in reply 4 herein, after just one of his posts is quite another.

Furthermore, going back 8 plus years to find a similarity as weak as was presented in this thread is beyond ludicrous.

All you guys were tossed from the premier conservative site because of your perverted attraction to Ted Cruz.
You all turned this forum into your own Never Trumper playground because TPTB allowed it in hopes of increasing the membership.

The rest is history.

Have a nice day!  /s

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

All you guys were tossed from the premier conservative site because of your perverted attraction to Ted Cruz.

Actually, many of us left on our own accord. Not because of Ted Cruz. But because of the site owner’s demand that everybody get in line and worship Donald Trump

Barry Goldwater

Offline banddag

Posted twice already on this thread:

Here's the 2024 model which you have twice now claimed that Toyota has dropped, even after being provided evidence to the contrary.

If Hydrogen was viable other co;s would be pushing it. Ev' sales have slowed but the sales are still greater than last year

The Toyota Mirai sedan has received a huge price cut in the US, as sales of hydrogen vehicles slow to a crawl. Underwhelming sales of hydrogen-powered vehicles in the USA has led Toyota to hand down an eye-watering price cut to its Mirai sedan, making it less expensive than the popular Camry Hybrid.Feb 29, 2024

Toyota Mirai price cut by 60 per cent as hydrogen demand dies
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 01:48:31 am by banddag »

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Arguing about a GOP candidate for the presidency which ultimately proved my prediction was correct...that his presidency was supremely successful despite the enemies in and outside the gates is one thing.

Picking on a member who is insulted as a "troll" in reply 4 herein, after just one of his posts is quite another.

Furthermore, going back 8 plus years to find a similarity as weak as was presented in this thread is beyond ludicrous.

You all turned this forum into your own Never Trumper playground because TPTB allowed it in hopes of increasing the membership.

The rest is history.

Have a nice day!  /s

More proof of your utter hypocricy....   Busted again.  Stuff it!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Actually, many of us left on our own accord. Not because of Ted Cruz. But because of the site owner’s demand that everybody get in line and worship Donald Trump

That's certainly true.  But, it's not my intent here to hijack this thread...was merely responding to a bogus charge against me.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

That's certainly true.  But, it's not my intent here to hijack this thread...was merely responding to a bogus charge against me.   :beer:

Fair enough

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

Uh, no.  I got tossed (the second time) for correctly pointing out that Donald Trump was in bed with the GOP Establishment (which was proven true right after taking office).  I got tossed the first time for point out (correctly) that Noot Gingrich was a Progressive Beltway establishment hack.

@LMAO is correct.  The issue wasn't Ted Cruz or Rick Santorum.  The issue was that we refused to swear allegiance to groupthink.  And again for the umpteenth time, I am not anti-Trump.  I'm anti-liberal.  And when Trump decides he doesn't want to be a liberal any more, I will be there to support him.

Online Hoodat

Do you understand  how trees bloom-the time frame?

Do you understand how freezing Spring temperatures kill peach buds?

Offline banddag

Do you understand how freezing Spring temperatures kill peach buds?

Are you for real?  Yes, freeze happens every year but the buds were on the trees early due to a abnormally warm winter. If the winter was not abnormally warm the buds would not have developed  on the trees and when the normal freeze  came  they would not have died. Budding happens after the normal freeze each year
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 05:37:43 am by banddag »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Are you for real?  Yes, freeze happens every year but the buds were on the trees earlydue to a abnormally warm winter. If the winter was not abnormally warm the buds would not have been on the trees and when the normal freeze comes they would not have died. Budding happens after the normal freeze each year
Have you never heard of a "late frost"? We get them into June here, most years.

Sometimes the trees bloom early and their yield is affected by subsequent frosts. Perfectly natural and hardly a sign that the Climate is going awry in any sort of trend. In Bath County, VA there is a little valley known as "Little Egypt" among the locals. In the 1800s, a late frost wiped out the crops in the Back Creek Valley, and those in that little valley fed the larger population of Back Creek Valley, resulting in the name (after Pharoah's grain stores feeding in times of famine).
That's just one example, and hardly an isolated incident. These events are only new causes for panic for those who have no historical perspective and think these sort of events are unique and some sort of portent of evil. If it's early enough, and you can, you replant. Sh*t happens.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 05:37:30 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline banddag

Have you never heard of a "late frost"? We get them into June here, most years.

Sometimes the trees bloom early and their yield is affected by subsequent frosts. Perfectly natural and hardly a sign that the Cli
Yes but in this case the Georgia dept of agriculture blamed it on a abnormally warm winter which caused the buds to come  on early, the normal freeze happened at the time it normally does and the buds died. 
This was not a late frost/freeze.
It is well documented if you want to do the research  yourself , ga peach growers, ga dept of agriculture on and onbecause 90% of the crop was destroyed
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 05:47:56 am by banddag »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yes but in this case the Georgia dept of agriculture blamed it on a abnormally warm winter which caused the buds to come  on early, the normal freeze happened and the buds died. 
This was not a late frost/freeze.
It is well documented if you want to do the research  yourself , ga peach growers, ga dept of agriculture on and on.
If the hens won't lay, the cow won't produce milk, the car won't start, hangnails, toe cheese, whatever, we now have the universal boogeyman of Climate Change.

What? Peach growers can't see that the trees have bloomed? They can't run smudge pots or other anti freezing methods to protect their crops? Sounds like poor farming to me...But: "Climate Change" !! (maybe they can get a grant...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline banddag

If the hens won't lay, the cow won't produce milk, the car won't start, hangnails, toe cheese, whatever, we now have the universal boogeyman of Climate Change.

What? Peach growers can't see that the trees have bloomed? They can't run smudge pots or other anti freezing methods to protect their crops? Sounds like poor farming to me...But: "Climate Change" !! (maybe they can get a grant...)

Yeah, go ahead blame the crop loss on the farmers who I am sure did whatever they could to save their crop and not blame climate change. You and hoodat are a hoot