Author Topic: Report: Biden Planning Executive Order to Close Border  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report: Biden Planning Executive Order to Close Border
« on: May 16, 2024, 01:10:45 pm »

Report: Biden Planning Executive Order to Close Border
By Sandy Fitzgerald    |   Thursday, 16 May 2024 08:43 AM EDT

President Joe Biden is planning to announce executive action allowing him to close the U.S.-Mexico border when the number of immigrants coming into the United States climbs to 4,000 per day, according to a new report.

It's not clear when Biden would issue the order, the New York Post reported Wednesday, citing an unnamed federal government source.

But another source close to the White House said the order would tie into a provision in the bipartisan bill the Senate rejected in February that would have given Biden the authority to start expelling migrants when border crossings reached a daily average of 4,000.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/biden-executive-order-border/2024/05/16/id/1164955/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Report: Biden Planning Executive Order to Close Border
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 01:11:55 pm »
Hasn't the administration claimed all along the border is secure?  So how can he close what is already "closed?" :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson