Author Topic: California ICE Detention Center Holding Only 5 Detainees due to Outdated COVID-19 Rule  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California ICE Detention Center Holding Only 5 Detainees due to Outdated COVID-19 Rule

by ELIZABETH WEIBEL 15 May 2024

A detention center in California used by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency is only housing five people, despite being able to hold thousands.

The Adelanto ICE Processing Center located in southern California can hold roughly 1,940 people, however, due to an outdated coronavirus policy, only five people are currently detained in the facility, according to the New York Post.

A judge ruled in September 2020 that the Adelanto ICE Processing Center should drastically reduce its inmate population, according to the Los Angeles Times. At the time, out of the 781 inmates housed at the facility, 81 had tested positive for COVID-19, nine of whom required hospitalization.

Under the order from the judge, ICE was instructed to file a “population reduction plan” to allow inmates to maintain a distance of six feet apart, “halt intake” of any more inmates to the facility, and require staff to maintain a distance of six feet apart, among other things.

https://www.breitbart.com/immigratio...covid-19-rule/

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson