Author Topic: Scientist Or Activist? With Climate Change, It’s Often Hard To Tell The Difference  (Read 81 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Scientist Or Activist? With Climate Change, It’s Often Hard To Tell The Difference
by I & I Editorial Board  3 hours ago 

Last week, Nature magazine allotted space to a researcher who wrote about “​​the importance of distinguishing climate science from climate activism.” [emphasis, links added]

While surprising, it is nonetheless encouraging. It’s well past the time the zealots in white coats were outed for who they were.

Ulf Büntgen, affiliated with multiple universities, wrote that he is “concerned by climate scientists becoming climate activists,” and is also “worried about activists who pretend to be scientists,” because doing so “can be a misleading form of instrumentalization.”

That Nature would allow something bordering on blasphemy in the climate cult to appear in its pages is rather remarkable.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/scientist-or-activist-with-climate-change-its-often-hard-to-tell-the-difference/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson