Author Topic: $100 Billion per Year Needed for US Carbon Removal  (Read 152 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
$100 Billion per Year Needed for US Carbon Removal
« on: April 15, 2024, 10:19:23 am »
$100 Billion per Year Needed for US Carbon Removal
21 hours ago Eric Worrall 32 Comments

Essay by Eric Worrall

The demand for $100 billion per year, to fix a problem which only exists in the fevered imagination of broken computer models, is beyond parody.

The U.S. Will Need to Spend $100 Billon a Year on Carbon Removal

APRIL 11, 2024
BY CORBIN HIAR & E&E NEWS

The U.S. needs to vastly increase taxpayer spending on direct carbon removal technology to meet President Biden’s climate goals, the Rhodium Group says.

CLIMATEWIRE | The U.S. government needs to spend roughly $100 billion annually on carbon dioxide removal by 2050 to help the world avoid extreme climate change, according to an analysis released Wednesday.

That’s 20 times more than what lawmakers committed to in landmark climate bills that aimed to jump-start the development of carbon removal technologies and companies, the Rhodium Group estimated. For context, the sum is also about as much as the entire budget of the Department of Agriculture.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/14/100-billion-per-year-needed-for-us-carbon-removal/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson