Author Topic: Study: Replacements For Plastic Products Increase Greenhouse Gas Emissions In Nearly All Cases  (Read 135 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Study: Replacements For Plastic Products Increase Greenhouse Gas Emissions In Nearly All Cases
by Steven Hayward  2 days ago in News And Opinion, Renewables Reading Time: 2 mins read

So we went and banned plastic straws and plastic bags in much of California and elsewhere because they are made from fossil fuels and a solitary turtle was once found snorting fentanyl through a plastic straw, or something. [emphasis, links added]

In any case, Greta/Gaia was displeased, so plastic products had to go.

Well, guess what: the substitutes for plastic products mostly produce higher greenhouse gas emissions than plastic. Not by just a little but by a lot.

A study in Environmental Science and Technology published in January has the goods, entitled “Replacing Plastics with Alternatives Is Worse for Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Most Cases.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/study-replacements-for-plastic-increase-greenhouse-gas-emissions-in-nearly-all-cases/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson