Author Topic: Time to save the Right Whale from the Green-Left  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Time to save the Right Whale from the Green-Left
« on: April 06, 2024, 09:19:32 am »
Time to save the Right Whale from the Green-Left
By
Craig Rucker
|
April 3rd, 2024

Back in the sixties and seventies, “Save the Whales” was the exclusive domain of the political left.

As Bob Dylan might say, “The times they are a changin.”

Three major “conservative” organizations – the National Legal Policy Center, Heartland Institute, and my organization, the Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow – recently filed a major lawsuit in a Washington, D.C. federal court to save the Right Whale from facing potential oblivion.

Why aren’t the larger Green groups, unlike the grassroots ones, rallying around the efforts of these organizations to save Right Whales? Good question. Perhaps it’s because the threat to the remaining 350 of them doesn’t come from Russian, Norwegian, or Japanese whaling vessels, as it did back in the ’70s.  Rather, it is from so-called “Green energy” in the form of offshore wind. Right Whales are being threatened by the Biden Administration’s fast-track plans to hurriedly place 30,000 MW of wind power generation off the Eastern coast, and doing so without the proper sort of environmental impact assessment they might otherwise perform for, say, offshore oil.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/04/03/time-to-save-the-right-whale-from-the-green-left/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson