Author Topic: Extinction Rebellion Attacks an Electric Vehicle at the New York Auto Show  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Extinction Rebellion Attacks an Electric Vehicle at the New York Auto Show
18 hours ago Eric Worrall 137 Comments

Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t observa; There is no path to appeasement – nothing is ever green enough for climate fanatics.

Climate Protestors Thrown Out Of NY Auto Show After Oiling Ford F-150 Lightning

Climate activists protested the New York Auto Show, claiming that EVs don’t do enough to address climate change

by Sebastien Bell
April 1, 2024 at 12:04

Climate protestors were dragged out of the New York International Auto Show after pouring liquid on the floor and onto an electric Ford F-150 Lightning.
The group behind the action, Extinction Rebellion, says that EVs don’t do enough to avert a climate disaster.

The group claims it is not protesting automotive enthusiasts but, instead, the infrastructure decisions that mean millions of Americans have no choice but to buy cars and drive.
Members of the climate activism group Extinction Rebellion were forcibly removed from the 2024 New York International Auto Show this weekend, after pouring what appears to be oil on an electric vehicle, as well as the show floor, while shouting that there are “no EVs on a dead planet.”

The protestors stepped in front of an all-electric Ford F-150 Lightning modified to tackle off-road conditions. The pickup truck had just been rolled out in front of a crowd of people as the auto show opened to the public. While it may seem counterintuitive, the group said it wasn’t protesting automotive enthusiasts, but rather the EV industry.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/04/extinction-rebellion-attack-electric-vehicles-at-the-new-york-auto-show/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
[quote author=rangerrebew link=topic=528798.msg2998296#msg2998296 date=1712315865

h/t observa; There is no path to appeasement – nothing is ever green enough for climate fanatics.

[/quote]

Maybe if someone offers to exterminate these whack jobs to help the environment, they'll be happy. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson