Author Topic: Rural America set to be transformed by up to 55 million-acre federal solar plan  (Read 533 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rural America set to be transformed by up to 55 million-acre federal solar plan
By
CFACT Ed
|
February 29th, 2024

By Kevin Stocklin:
Solar energy’s appetite for vast amounts of land has prompted the Biden administration to propose designating as much as 55 million acres of public lands as potential sites for industrial-scale solar farms.

That’s an area larger than 36 states and similar in size to Idaho or Minnesota.

An updated initiative by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), called the Western Solar Plan, proposes six alternatives for solar development.

In the most aggressive of these scenarios, 55 million acres across 11 Western states would be made available for solar energy. The least aggressive alternative would designate 8 million acres for that purpose.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/02/29/rural-america-set-to-be-transformed-by-up-to-55-million-acre-federal-solar-plan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Idiots on parade.  Not only does this tie up that acreage that could be used for farrming. And....

But what happens in 20 years when the panel elements age, and start degrading.  First is the cost of removal.  If those panels are tightly packed in 100's of acres, the cost and logistics of removal become prohibitive. THEN..   add the fact as these things start corroding, and disintergrating, think about the leachate off these structures. This will contaminate the farmland where crops are not an option.   Heavy metal contamination may permanently ruin the land, as remediation too will not be cost effective.

Our enviro-whacko faction has a terminal stupidity disease.  Please someone....  Make it stop.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'd do an enviro/NIMBY suit to stop it. Use their own tactics against them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Are the Feds going to take any land east of the Mississippi and north of the Mason-Dixon line?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catfish cries out:
"Please someone....  Make it stop..."

Once more, I'll ask:
Is it time yet for the red states to convene a new "Heartland Continental Congress...?

Offline roamer_1

Thankfully, none of it will last very long with 2 feet of snow on it.  :whistle:

So... Arizona I reckon.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Are the Feds going to take any land east of the Mississippi and north of the Mason-Dixon line?
:silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis