Author Topic: ‘Case Closed’: Scientific Panel Concludes That Earth Will Stay In Holocene Epoch  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Case Closed’: Scientific Panel Concludes That Earth Will Stay In Holocene Epoch
James Murphy by James Murphy  Mar 20, 2024 in News And Opinion
geologic time spiral earthIn a stunning rebuke of the notion that mankind is having such a deleterious effect on the planet that our current age should be reclassified as a new geological time unit, a team of two dozen geologists has concluded that the Earth, for better or worse, remains in the Holocene Epoch and that a new contender, the Anthropocene Epoch, cannot be officially recognized.

According to geologists, the Holocene began some 11,000 to 12,000 years ago, when the last widespread glaciation ended. [emphasis, links added]

The term “Anthropocene” was coined around the year 2000 to correlate to an era some call “the Great Acceleration,” in which things such as nuclear weapons and man’s supposed influence on the climate have led to a new dividing line between the geological ages.

Proponents of the new geological time unit claim that the Anthropocene probably began in the 1950s and that human activity through emissions, pollution, terraforming, and population growth has changed Earth’s ecosystems and climate to such a point that the Holocene has now ended.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/case-closed-scientific-panel-concludes-that-earth-will-stay-in-holocene-epoch/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson