Author Topic: Skeptics’ Climate Arguments Are Inconvenient Facts That Can’t Be Refuted  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY PIERRE GOSSELIN ON MAR 14, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS AND OPINION

Skeptics’ Climate Arguments Are Inconvenient Facts That Can’t Be Refuted

The science of climate change is very complex and there are many different points of view. This post summarizes some of the strongest arguments of climate skeptics.

1. Natural Climate Variability
The Earth’s climate has always changed in the past, often dramatically, even without human influence. The current warming is therefore likely just part of a natural cycle and one that is capable of reversing on its own. [emphasis, links added]

2. Climate Models Are Still In Their Infancy
Climate models are complex computer programs that attempt to simulate the climate system. These models provide different results and are unable to accurately reproduce past climate changes. All are filled with assumptions and guesses.

The climate is a highly complex, chaotic system and so much of it is still poorly understood. Much remains a complete mystery, which means it is impossible to accurately model. Model outputs are thus unreliable.

Remember that with chaotic systems like weather and climate, even very small changes in the initial inputs, which are many, can be amplified over time, thus making long-term predictions impossible. That’s a hard fact of life that climate scientists have to accept.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/skeptics-climate-arguments-are-inconvenient-facts-that-cant-be-refuted/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson