Author Topic: Rural America set to be transformed by up to 55 million-acre federal solar plan  (Read 566 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rural America set to be transformed by up to 55 million-acre federal solar plan
February 29th, 2024
By Kevin Stocklin:

Solar energy’s appetite for vast amounts of land has prompted the Biden administration to propose designating as much as 55 million acres of public lands as potential sites for industrial-scale solar farms.

That’s an area larger than 36 states and similar in size to Idaho or Minnesota.

An updated initiative by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), called the Western Solar Plan, proposes six alternatives for solar development.
In the most aggressive of these scenarios, 55 million acres across 11 Western states would be made available for solar energy. The least aggressive alternative would designate 8 million acres for that purpose.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/02/29/rural-america-set-to-be-transformed-by-up-to-55-million-acre-federal-solar-plan/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rural-america-set-to-be-transformed-by-up-to-55-million-acre-federal-solar-plan&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rural-america-set-to-be-transformed-by-up-to-55-million-acre-federal-solar-plan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They are going to have to get all that energy out of there somehow.

That means a lot of copper wire...

Hmmmm. Copper.... :pondering:

It could be the biggest Meth Head migration in history!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

UK Telegraph: ‘The American revolt against green energy has begun’ – There’s no such thing as a wind or solar ‘farm’, just an ugly industrial site

https://twitter.com/ClimateDepot/status/1764268037744558310
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org