Author Topic: OPINION: Trump's Win in South Carolina Is a Warning Not a Triumph  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: OPINION: Trump's Win in South Carolina Is a Warning Not a Triumph
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2024, 12:37:25 am »
It is not to be eschewed. It's just been stolen.
'Make America Great Again' Was Reagan's slogan.
I will follow that all day.

I will not follow the piker that stole it. POSER.

So the words mean less than the speaker of the words? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2024, 12:43:56 am »
So the words mean less than the speaker of the words?

Not if he proves worthy to speak them. Still, anyone worthy would likely go out and find his own damn slogan, and only refer to MAGA while pointing to its progenitor... which is NOT Tumpy

Offline scottfreitas

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2024, 12:48:18 am »
So -- how did Trump's COVID policies work out for ya??
Miserably. Though I at least knew better than  to take the "vaccine."

Look, Trump governed from2016-2020, not during the 1980s. Trump had an electorate pushed way farther Left than did Reagan. Reagan's younger voters remembered the Beatles and bell-bottoms, not LGBTQ+ (onward into infinity) characters on Sesame Street.

Trump governed as conservatively as he could, all while getting called Hitler by the media 24/7.

Main thing: we're too far gone today to play the not-vote game. Bad enough the Dems have probably made our votes worthless before we even cast them (through fraud);gets even worse every time a non-Leftist doesn't vote at all, due to Trump not being a clone of themselves.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2024, 12:53:24 am »

Look, Trump governed from2016-2020, not during the 1980s. Trump had an electorate pushed way farther Left than did Reagan. Reagan's younger voters remembered the Beatles and bell-bottoms, not LGBTQ+ (onward into infinity) characters on Sesame Street.

Trump governed as conservatively as he could, all while getting called Hitler by the media 24/7.

Main thing: we're too far gone today to play the not-vote game. Bad enough the Dems have probably made our votes worthless before we even cast them (through fraud);gets even worse every time a non-Leftist doesn't vote at all, due to Trump not being a clone of themselves.

Typical 'Because Democrats' excuse.

Throw Conservatism under the bus entirely and back over it a couple times... Then vote for the big Rhinestone 'R"... Because Democrats, dammit.

Not just no. Oh hell no. I will never vote for big government from the Right. That is doom for certain.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2024, 01:09:28 am »
Welcome to the forum by the way, @scottfreitas

Sorry I came out barking.  happy77

Offline scottfreitas

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2024, 01:30:50 am »
Typical 'Because Democrats' excuse.

Throw Conservatism under the bus entirely and back over it a couple times... Then vote for the big Rhinestone 'R"... Because Democrats, dammit.

Not just no. Oh hell no. I will never vote for big government from the Right. That is doom for certain.
So why did Rush Limbaugh love Trump so much, then?

We're gonna get big government either way, because since at least the 1930s we've already HAD it.

Things are too close to collapse now to NOT vote for Repubs. I prefer them to be as Conservative as possible, but my fellow voters rarely agree, and picking the best of two options is all I'm left with come November.

I'm always gonna pick one of them, until the day comes when my only two choices are both rabidly anti-Christian (ala Demoncrats) and then I'll stop voting.

Yet not until.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2024, 01:31:48 am »

Voting for the lesser of two evils is why this Republic finds itself on a very thin string.  Conservatism MUST win in '24 or we lose our country.  Unfortunately that ship sailed because Trump smeared yet another conservative; DeSantis as he did Cruz.

Trump not being a clone? I'm not quite understanding your point.  The point I was trying to make is the fact that election fraud was evident and I am one who believe that the election was stolen from Trump.  You will never convince me otherwise.  However, with that being said, he is the one that selected Ronna McDaniels.  Instead of working on election integrity and getting as many people as she could to watch the polls at the precincts or getting states to change some election laws, she reported how many people attended Trump's rallies. Attendees obviously didn't equate to Trump winning.  So...now at the eleventh hour Trump is advocating that his DIL become head or partake in the RNC and in essence paying for some of his legal fees which means those running down ballot don't get the financial help they need.

We need as many conservative governors as we can get; they are holding this country together right now; Abbot, DeSantis, Noem, etc.... secondly, it would be a sweet victory if the GOP were to capture both the House and the Senate. Trump is out for retribution and the heck with the rest of those running.  That's the way I see it.

BTW Trump is no Reagan.  As for arguing the point that Trump is more conservative than Reagan, well, take a look at the picture of Regan in our forum header.  pointing-up  Soon after I joined this forum -- I posted about Reagan and the header was kindly pointed out to me.  happy77 :laugh:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2024, 01:43:04 am »
So why did Rush Limbaugh love Trump so much, then?

Limbaugh endorsed Romulus and McCain't too.

We're gonna get big government either way, because since at least the 1930s we've already HAD it.

Sure you have... Because you keep voting *FOR* it.

Things are too close to collapse now to NOT vote for Repubs. I prefer them to be as Conservative as possible, but my fellow voters rarely agree, and picking the best of two options is all I'm left with come November.

I'm always gonna pick one of them, until the day comes when my only two choices are both rabidly anti-Christian (ala Demoncrats) and then I'll stop voting.

Yet not until.

You are free to vote *for* your own demise. That's on you.

I will not help you.

I was neck deep in TEA Party. Same for the 94 Congress. I will fight *FOR* Conservatism, every time.

That dog ain't in this hunt, so I will put my money and my time into down-ticket.. Into Conservatives. Because the only way this changes is TEA Party style.

When Republicans provide opposition, maybe then I will rejoin the team.
But I will not help them sell the soul of this country for a few liberal shekels.

Because if the Republicans will not stand and fight, what the hell are they for?

NO SALE.

Online DB

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2024, 02:29:36 am »

You do know that Trump went to capital hill in the 80's to testify that Reagan's tax proposals were bad for the country. Trump hasn't changed.

Trump and the Republican congress passed a new tax law that requires R&D expenses, including the payroll for those people, has to be amortized over 5 years. That was a major FU to smaller businesses that develop new products that are heavy into engineering - including software programmers. So if you higher an engineer/programmer to develop a new product the first year only 20% of their payroll expenses is deductible as a cost of doing business. The other 80% is taxed as if it were income - income the business never received... Larger companies will simply move their R&D out of country.

You can pick your poison. I'd rather not vote to be poisoned.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2024, 02:46:36 am »
The guy who killed Reagan's candidacy in 1976 is the same guy Trump hired 40 years later to run his.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline scottfreitas

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2024, 04:02:18 am »
Welcome to the forum by the way, @scottfreitas

Sorry I came out barking.  happy77
It's fine. I'm just too much of a realist to NOT vote for Trump, given the alternatives.

I don't blame Trump for the $8 trillion in debt added during his term because the Constitution makes it clear CONGRESS spends the money. And Trump was not at all into using his veto pen. I bet he holds the record for least vetoes of any President in easily 60 years, maybe more. Why, I dunno, no one has ever asked him.

GOP congress under Trump suffered from horribly weak leadership. McConnell was  and is horrible, single-handedly ruining the Senate for all GOP voters.

If we'd had our current House Speaker during Trump's era, they would have performed miracles together. Well, at least until McConnel killed all the bills.

The Constitution never intended for any McConnells or Schumers to exist. Each congressmen and senator from each state was intended to be of equal worth and value in crafting and passing legislation.

Today, both Speakerships from the two branches of Congress have so corrupted the role of Congress that the Founders would neither recognize it, nor approve of fit.

I cannot re-Christianize Americans, nor educate them on civics. We're very much a post-Christian, post-Constitutional society now. We're far more matriarchal than patriarchal, far more feminine than masculine, far more weak and confused and divided than we are strong, principled and united.

Trump and the GOP can at best slow down the inevitable collapse we've brought upon ourselves. Not voting for Trump just helps speed up the collapse, and I'd rather be gone before that happens.

Watching millions of people reap what they've sown will not be a pleasant time to be alive...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2024, 04:19:50 am »
It's fine. I'm just too much of a realist to NOT vote for Trump, given the alternatives.

I don't blame Trump for the $8 trillion in debt added during his term because the Constitution makes it clear CONGRESS spends the money.

Uh, no.  Congress appropriates money.  The Executive Branch spends it.

And Trump was not at all into using his veto pen. I bet he holds the record for least vetoes of any President in easily 60 years, maybe more. Why, I dunno, no one has ever asked him.

I don't want a President who rubber-stamps everything the Democrats send his way.  I would rather have a Conservative President.

GOP congress under Trump suffered from horribly weak leadership.

Which is why I prefer a President who knows how to lead.  Trump clearly wasn't that President.

The Constitution never intended for any McConnells or Schumers to exist. Each congressmen and senator from each state was intended to be of equal worth and value in crafting and passing legislation.

Today, both Speakerships from the two branches of Congress have so corrupted the role of Congress that the Founders would neither recognize it, nor approve of fit.

The Seventeenth Amendment ruined all that.  Which is why we need a President who is willing to fight against Congress rather than ceding more power to them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2024, 04:50:43 am »

The sh*t sandwich vs. Turd burger defense.

I choose NEITHER.

I don't blame Trump for the $8 trillion in debt added during his term because the Constitution makes it clear CONGRESS spends the money. And Trump was not at all into using his veto pen. I bet he holds the record for least vetoes of any President in easily 60 years, maybe more. Why, I dunno, no one has ever asked him.

Then you certainly have to forgive Clinton... And Carter... And Obummer too. Nah. His name is on every_single_one of those porkulous bills, and he signed every one without a peep - In fact he told me I'm just gonna have to get used to trillions instead of billions.

That's your guy.

GOP congress under Trump suffered from horribly weak leadership. McConnell was  and is horrible, single-handedly ruining the Senate for all GOP voters.

RINO excuse... Because RINOs are better than Democrats, right? Until you need them to vote Republican...  :whistle:

Nah... All y'all voted them bastards in there, because you 'Go to war with the army you have'...

And you can have it.

If we'd had our current House Speaker during Trump's era, they would have performed miracles together. Well, at least until McConnel killed all the bills.

Wanna bet? Tumpy spends money like a drunken sailor. He always has. Wait and see.

Perhaps. I don't think so. I think if that Republican Congress was full of Conservatives = Statesmen rather than politicians - Well I think many of these problems would disappear - A Congress, jealous of its powers, as I am prone to say. Therein, the hierarchy within Congress would serve its purpose.

I cannot re-Christianize Americans, nor educate them on civics. We're very much a post-Christian, post-Constitutional society now. We're far more matriarchal than patriarchal, far more feminine than masculine, far more weak and confused and divided than we are strong, principled and united.

I think that less of a problem than you do - Largely a city thing... Get out in the heartland and such things nearly don't exist... I say that from within my view, high in the Rockies, far and away from such things. But I will recognize that culture is being destroyed  Even starting to effect rural areas (via schools and gvt programs). Still a long way from messin with the rednecks... Or blue collar folks in the suburbs, I'd reckon.

Trump and the GOP can at best slow down the inevitable collapse we've brought upon ourselves. Not voting for Trump just helps speed up the collapse, and I'd rather be gone before that happens.

Bullshit. They are doing no such thing. Not at the national level. Look to red state governors for where the fight is.

Watching millions of people reap what they've sown will not be a pleasant time to be alive...

I'd rather it come on me than leave it for my grandkids.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2024, 12:19:43 pm »
Trump shares some blame for the inflation we are experiencing

And there is no indication he’s going to change policy should he win. In fact, he’s promising to be worse economically and fiscally than during his first term

I hate inflation under Biden. I won’t tolerate it under Trump just because he’s a Republican
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2024, 03:11:18 pm »
The sh*t sandwich vs. Turd burger defense.

I choose NEITHER.

Then you certainly have to forgive Clinton... And Carter... And Obummer too. Nah. His name is on every_single_one of those porkulous bills, and he signed every one without a peep - In fact he told me I'm just gonna have to get used to trillions instead of billions.

That's your guy.

RINO excuse... Because RINOs are better than Democrats, right? Until you need them to vote Republican...  :whistle:

Nah... All y'all voted them bastards in there, because you 'Go to war with the army you have'...

And you can have it.

Wanna bet? Tumpy spends money like a drunken sailor. He always has. Wait and see.

Perhaps. I don't think so. I think if that Republican Congress was full of Conservatives = Statesmen rather than politicians - Well I think many of these problems would disappear - A Congress, jealous of its powers, as I am prone to say. Therein, the hierarchy within Congress would serve its purpose.

I think that less of a problem than you do - Largely a city thing... Get out in the heartland and such things nearly don't exist... I say that from within my view, high in the Rockies, far and away from such things. But I will recognize that culture is being destroyed  Even starting to effect rural areas (via schools and gvt programs). Still a long way from messin with the rednecks... Or blue collar folks in the suburbs, I'd reckon.

Bullshit. They are doing no such thing. Not at the national level. Look to red state governors for where the fight is.

I'd rather it come on me than leave it for my grandkids.

Exactly. And we’re going to need them even more come Biden’s second term

And those governors ran into opposition not just with Democrats but amongst Trump and his MAGAs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2024, 04:06:38 pm »

And there is no indication he’s going to change policy should he win. In fact, he’s promising to be worse economically and fiscally than during his first term

I hate inflation under Biden. I won’t tolerate it under Trump just because he’s a Republican

There is a lot bad and a little good about Trump. His Scotus nominees, border control and business deregulation were good. His fiscal policies, COVID handling and management style were very bad. However there is MORE bad and LESS good about Biden. I don't really think that is debatable.

So this is the calculation I make in terms of voting for the guy. I don't say this to persuade any of you away from your own thinking, but to clarify how I will rationalize my vote.

Online DB

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2024, 04:42:54 pm »
There is a lot bad and a little good about Trump. His Scotus nominees, border control and business deregulation were good. His fiscal policies, COVID handling and management style were very bad. However there is MORE bad and LESS good about Biden. I don't really think that is debatable.

So this is the calculation I make in terms of voting for the guy. I don't say this to persuade any of you away from your own thinking, but to clarify how I will rationalize my vote.

First, his new tax law on R&D expenses requiring amortization over 5 years was deadly for companies that develop new products, both physical and software based.

Second, the lesser evil always gets you more evil. The Republicans will always own your vote if they are only a little less evil than the Democrats. So you end up having no actual say in who the Republicans run as long as they're a little less evil. That is the road to destruction which has been well evidenced over the last many decades. If you want to get off that road, enough people have to refuse to vote for the less evil candidate so that the party is forced to earn your vote instead of own it no matter what they do.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2024, 07:42:25 pm »

..Annnnnd the 'lesser of two evils' argument raises its head, right on cue... With the race to the bottom in tow.  **nononono*

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2024, 07:44:49 pm »
Second, the lesser evil always gets you more evil.

HA! Should have read down... GMTA  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2024, 07:51:33 pm »
Exactly. And we’re going to need them even more come Biden’s second term

And those governors ran into opposition not just with Democrats but amongst Trump and his MAGAs

The trouble is if Tumpy wins, I suppose. Those Red state governors hold fast against what the liberal left throws at them... To the point of even defying SCOTUS and sending troops to the border. No push in em, at all. They will stand.

But I wonder if it will get all comes-along-goes-along when a Republican administration with significant voter backing is calling the shots. That's the worry. That's what will keep me up at night.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2024, 07:54:44 pm »
The trouble is if Tumpy wins, I suppose. Those Red state governors hold fast against what the liberal left throws at them... To the point of even defying SCOTUS and sending troops to the border. No push in em, at all. They will stand.

But I wonder if it will get all comes-along-goes-along when a Republican administration with significant voter backing is calling the shots. That's the worry. That's what will keep me up at night.

Red state governors holding the line is all we have right now, that and the 2A.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2024, 07:58:34 pm »

Until 'MAGA' admits it, they are going the wrong way... Right down the garden path.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2024, 08:07:46 pm »
Red state governors holding the line is all we have right now, that and the 2A.

Nullification - It's where we are now. .. The STATES raising a fat finger of defiance.
Then comes the rough road... Because the feds will start taking away that yummy federal money until the states comply... It's easy to defy them when your strong... harder as you starve. That's next.

HOLD FAST to what is good. - That's the message right from the throne of YAHWEH.
That is not 'follow lesser evil'.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2024, 08:38:46 pm »

Well said @scottfreitas  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2024, 09:36:23 pm »
Well said @scottfreitas  :amen:

We're living the reality of voting for the lesser evil for decades. I did it for decades. The slide has been nonstop to the left and is only accelerating. A realist should realize that. Either change course or get more of the same.