Author Topic: South Carolina Primary  (Read 4851 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: South Carolina Primary
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2024, 04:41:47 am »
Trump claimed tonight that he's never seen the Republican Party more unified.  Everyone says the race is essentially over, which I think is correct.  But if so, why are over 40% still voting for someone other than Trump?

He's pretty much a lock to win the nomination, but Haley still pulling this many votes suggests there are a lot of Republicans who still oppose him despite his inevitability.

It is also noteworthy that neither he nor his supporters are saying or doing anything to try to win them over.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2024, 06:19:05 am »
Trump claimed tonight that he's never seen the Republican Party more unified.  Everyone says the race is essentially over, which I think is correct.  But if so, why are over 40% still voting for someone other than Trump?

He's pretty much a lock to win the nomination, but Haley still pulling this many votes suggests there are a lot of Republicans who still oppose him despite his inevitability.  Personally, though I despise Haley, I'd vote for her if she's still in the race by Ohio just to make the point that I won't support him.

I just flat won't vote for either one. Republicans have lost their way.

Guess I will worry about trying to go fishing this spring...

Offline rustynail

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2024, 10:19:22 am »
Nimarata may be staying because she knows Trump will be assassinated and nomination will be hers.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2024, 01:08:07 pm »
With the likely high number of Dems crossing over to vote for Haley, her ~40% showing in her home state is exceptionally dismal. But, I’m stating the obvious.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2024, 03:08:47 pm »

Graham booed during Trump's South Carolina victory speech

"When I’m in trouble on the left, I call up Lindsey Graham and he straightens it out," Trump said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prv2paE5lCQ&ab_channel=POLITICO

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/graham-booed-during-trumps-south-carolina-victory-speech
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2024, 03:45:47 pm »
The prime directive is to assure Biden and his crime family is booted out of the white house. Like Trump or not, and I'm no fan at all, dividing the Party and the money flowing to this election only throws a lifeline to Biden. Get out Nikki. We are free to write in yours or anyone's name on election day, but stop, just stop.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2024, 03:51:49 pm »
The prime directive is to assure Biden and his crime family is booted out of the white house. Like Trump or not, and I'm no fan at all, dividing the Party and the money flowing to this election only throws a lifeline to Biden. Get out Nikki. We are free to write in yours or anyone's name on election day, but stop, just stop.

She will keep up the campaign and tactics, because the Dems are heavily funding her to do so.  Right up to the convention.  Then she will get wall-to-wall coverage by the press.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2024, 05:35:07 pm »
Nimarata may be staying because she knows Trump will be assassinated and nomination will be hers.

There's a percentage in that - Not necessarily assassinated, but taken off the table... When she is positioned to walk into the nomination. So I don't expect she will drop out until the last moment is guaranteed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2024, 05:44:24 pm »
There's a percentage in that - Not necessarily assassinated, but taken off the table... When she is positioned to walk into the nomination. So I don't expect she will drop out until the last moment is guaranteed.

Other candidates "paused" their campaigns, and all will be against Haley when they step back in.  Interesting Times.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2024, 05:52:55 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2024, 08:35:02 pm »
I still think that Haley may be privy to information about Trump that we're not aware of.  She has spent a boatload of money and still plans on spending 7 figures on ads.  That's quite a lot.

Again, and I'm sure you're tired of hearing this, but, IMHO I still don't think they are going to let Trump near the WH; one way or another, it's just not going to happen. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2024, 08:55:52 pm »
I still think that Haley may be privy to information about Trump that we're not aware of.  She has spent a boatload of money and still plans on spending 7 figures on ads.  That's quite a lot.

Again, and I'm sure you're tired of hearing this, but, IMHO I still don't think they are going to let Trump near the WH; one way or another, it's just not going to happen.

It's not her money.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2024, 09:07:17 pm »
It's not her money.

Where is it supposed to go then if it doesn't get spent?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2024, 09:09:08 pm »
Where is it supposed to go then if it doesn't get spent?

Her pocket.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2024, 09:28:53 pm »
We don't boot a crime family out of the White House by bringing another crime family in. You don't achieve anything that way.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2024, 09:31:32 pm »
We don't boot a crime family out of the White House by bringing another crime family in. You don't achieve anything that way.

*FACTS*

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2024, 09:33:14 pm »

Can you tell us about Trump's crimes?  Hurting Liberals' feelings is not a crime.  Being wealthy isn't one either.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2024, 12:52:29 am »

He's pretty much a lock to win the nomination, but Haley still pulling this many votes suggests there are a lot of Republicans who still oppose him despite his inevitability.  Personally, though I despise Haley, I'd vote for her if she's still in the race by Ohio just to make the point that I won't support him.
Open Primary. At least some of that 40% is likely from the 40% that allegedly approves of Biden.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2024, 01:40:16 am »
'Ron DeSantis' is the third name that appears on my GOP primary ballot in nine days.  That's where my vote will go.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2024, 04:56:29 am »
'Ron DeSantis' is the third name that appears on my GOP primary ballot in nine days.  That's where my vote will go.

That's all I have to vote FOR on my primary ballot that arrived today.