Author Topic: A Curious Paleo Puzzle  (Read 491 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Curious Paleo Puzzle
« on: February 24, 2024, 11:14:40 am »
A Curious Paleo Puzzle
16 hours ago Willis Eschenbach 95 Comments
Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

I was wandering through the fabled land of X yesterday and came across the following post:

Figure 1. Post on X showing a shortened version of the original Figure 6 from the paper linked below.

Hmmm, sez I … looks like an interesting study. Paleo CO2 levels back to about 65 million years ago, which peaked at about 2000 ppmv.

I was reminded of an earlier graphic I’d done, showing paleo CO2 levels over a much longer time span. Figure 1 above only covers the Tertiary and Quaternary ages, the far right two boxes on Figure 2 below.

Figure2. Full history of CO2 since the Cambrian Explosion of life.

So I went to the source listed in Figure 1, a study yclept “Atmospheric CO2 over the Past 66 Million Years from Marine Archives” by Rae et al. The graphic below is a shortened version of Figure 6 of the Rae et al. study.

FIgure 3. Panels a) and c) of Rae et al., Figure 6

The authors have fully bought into the “CO2 Roolz Climate” theory, saying inter alia:

Changing levels of atmospheric CO2 have long been implicated in the well-documented cooling of the climate through the Cenozoic; however, outside of a handful of well-studied climate transitions, it has been hard to make a close link between CO2 and climate. Our new combined marine-based CO2 compilation shows, more clearly than in previous studies, a close correlation between CO2 and records of global temperature (based on either geochemical reconstructions and/or the state of the cryosphere) through the entire Cenozoic (Figure 6).

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/02/23/a-curious-paleo-puzzle/

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: A Curious Paleo Puzzle
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 12:08:45 am »
Listen to Willie Soon for a great exposition on all the serious flaws in current climate theory that blames humans and CO2 for climate change.

https://www.climategate.nl/2024/02/willie-soon-over-klimaat/

He basically nails it, from myriad directions.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis