Author Topic: Hochul gives businesses and shoppers the cold shoulder with her green refrigerator scheme  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Hochul gives businesses and shoppers the cold shoulder with her green refrigerator scheme
Opinion by Post Editorial Board • 11h

As it builds, Gov. Hochul’s extreme green agenda is wreaking ever more havoc on New Yorkers’ lives: Now they’re coming for your refrigerator.

The Department of Environmental Conservation wants to phase out hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), used in refrigerators and air conditioners, a mandate that will stick businesses with hefty upgrade costs that they’ll have to pass on to consumers.

Grocers, obviously, will get hit, so expect food prices to keep rising on top of what record inflation’s already done.

Hochul seems to have learned nothing from the backlash to her war on gas stoves last year.

Part of the drive to drastically slash New York’s carbon emissions, the DEC proposal goes far beyond current federal requirements of an 85% reduction in use of HFCs by 2036: New York’s rule would kick in much sooner, requiring some new businesses to install HFCs-free refrigerators as soon as next year, while ordering pricey retrofitting by 2029 and replacements for businesses with large equipment by 2035.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/hochul-gives-businesses-and-shoppers-the-cold-shoulder-with-her-green-refrigerator-scheme/ar-BB1iJPN8?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d349bc03c566476b8b3c9fad54a5d837&ei=54
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson