Author Topic: Climate Dieticians Push Americans to Cut Beef for the Sake of the Planet  (Read 593 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Dieticians Push Americans to Cut Beef for the Sake of the Planet
6 hours ago 
Essay by Eric Worrall

“… Replacing beef with a different protein — even for just one meal — can cut the emissions footprint of a person’s diet that day by as much as half. …”

One Simple Change to Reduce Your Climate Impact? Swap Out Beef

Replacing beef with a different protein — even for just one meal — can cut the emissions footprint of a person’s diet that day by as much as half.

By Zahra Hirji
21 February 2024 at 20:00 GMT+10

Next time you’re out for lunch, try playing a little game: Without looking it up, can you find the most and least climate-friendly options on the menu?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/02/21/climate-dieticians-push-americans-to-cut-beef-for-the-sake-of-the-planet/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Climate Dieticians Push Americans to Cut Beef for the Sake of the Planet
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 10:52:23 pm »
Hmmmmm....
Lemmmmeeeeseeee here...

"Climate Dietician"  ??

As in...
"Don't eat -- unless it's bugs or seaweed"...

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 10:55:23 pm »
Who will cut the cheese?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 11:07:13 pm »
Cut beef for the sake of whom??? In short, my answer is very simple. NO.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 12:40:14 am »
Any food cultivation activities for humans will be net carbon positive.

Best hope is to kill all of humanity and mammilian life on Earth.  Rise up non-mammallians, the future is yours.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 12:42:20 am »
Any food cultivation activities for humans will be net carbon positive.

Best hope is to kill all of humanity and mammilian life on Earth.  Rise up non-mammallians, the future is yours.

AI robots. Silly that those in charge of extinguishing human life, feel that they will be able to control them.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.