Author Topic: Biden's Super Bowl 'Shrinkflation' video stuns social media: 'Is this a joke?'  (Read 508 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden's Super Bowl 'Shrinkflation' video stuns social media: 'Is this a joke?'
This is the second year in a row President Biden has skipped out on a pre-Super Bowl interview
By Lindsay Kornick Fox News
Published February 12, 2024 6:00am EST

President Biden celebrated Super Bowl Sunday in what many saw as a bizarre and ironic video attacking snack companies for inflation.

Though the president skipped out on the traditional pre-game interview, the White House’s X account posted a pre-recorded video of Biden talking about "Shrinkflation."

"While you were Super Bowl shopping, did you notice smaller-than-usual products where the price stays the same? Folks are calling it Shrinkflation and it means companies are giving you less for every dollar you spend. I’m calling on the big consumer brands to put a stop to it," the post read.

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1756713597864988940

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bidens-super-bowl-shrinkflation-video-stuns-social-media-is-joke
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

What he calls "shrinkflation" is just plain ol' inflation - brought to you by Bidenomics.

Byron York
@ByronYork
Biden's Super Bowl 'shrinkflation' campaign was part of his election-year effort to shift blame for his two biggest political liabilities. He is blaming Republicans in Congress for the disaster on the border, and he is blaming food companies for inflation.
9:09 AM · Feb 12, 2024

Washington Examiner
Joe Biden’s ‘shrinkflation’ blame game
By Byron York
February 12, 2024 8:20 am

... But what would it be about? Do not be embarrassed if you did not guess that Biden’s video would be about something he calls “shrinkflation.” Maybe you haven’t heard the word, but it refers to companies, in this case, snack food companies, including fewer chips, or cookies, or whatever, in packages that nevertheless still cost the same. It is, in other words, another form of inflation, which, of course, has hit the companies as much as it has hit consumers. The price doesn’t go up, but the product the buyer receives goes down.

“It’s Super Bowl Sunday,” Biden said in the video. “And if you’re anything like me, you like to be surrounded by a snack or two while watching the big game. You know, when buying snacks for the game, you might have noticed one thing. Sports drinks bottles are smaller. Bag of chips has fewer chips, but they’re still charging just as much. And as an ice cream lover, what makes me the most angry is that ice cream cartons have actually shrunk in size but not in price.” ...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 03:00:18 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DefiantMassRINO

Biden, your war against the domestic energy industry isn't helping matters.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

This was an attempt to deflect blame

and a  “I feel your pain.”

Yet not terribly long ago, they denied inflation was a problem
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
But I was assured it was "transitory"... :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
We need a President and this guy thinks he's the Call-for-Action Consumer Reporter for channel 37 news.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like the Biden version of the 'wear a sweater' fireside chat.
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My response? Jeez Joe did you just notice something that has been going on for decades? What moron (I know there are many) in his administration thought that this was a good idea, as if it was a new policy of manufacturers, to try and take the blame off of Brandon's policies.