Author Topic: Trump says he wouldn't reappoint Fed Chair Powell: 'He's political'  (Read 660 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 2, 2024 9:56am EST
Trump says he wouldn't reappoint Fed Chair Powell: 'He's political'
Trump's full interview with Maria Bartiromo on the economy and Biden airs Sunday on Fox News

By Kristen Altus FOXBusiness

Former President Donald Trump is weighing in on the economy and the future of Federal Reserve leadership in an exclusive interview with Maria Bartiromo.

The 2024 Republican frontrunner took aim at Fed Chairman Jerome Powell and reacted to recent stock market records in a preview clip that aired Friday on "Mornings with Maria."

"I think he's political," Trump told Bartiromo. "I think he's going to do something to probably help the Democrats, I think, if he lowers interest rates."

"But you have the potential of having massive inflation again, because the Middle East could drive up the price of energy," he continued. "And the Middle East, again, the bombs are dropping all over the place and the ships are starting to get hit and hit hard. If that happens, you're going to have tremendous spikes in the price of oil. And if you do that, you're going to have big inflation. He's not going to be able to do anything. But it looks to me like he's trying to lower interest rates for the sake of maybe getting people elected."

Powell took office as chairman in 2018 after being selected by then-President Trump. He was then sworn in for a second term under President Biden in 2022.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-says-wouldnt-reappoint-fed-chair-powell-political
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump says he wouldn't reappoint Fed Chair Powell: 'He's political'
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 08:29:00 pm »
...and?? Trump isn't president, isn't the nominee, and has no authority to reappoint or not reappoint anyone.

Why oh why doesn't Trump concentrate and relay a message of how he is going to put this country back on a conservative path, instead of finger pointing?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 10:22:59 pm »
...and?? Trump isn't president, isn't the nominee, and has no authority to reappoint or not reappoint anyone.

Why oh why doesn't Trump concentrate and relay a message of how he is going to put this country back on a conservative path, instead of finger pointing?
Plan? With Trump finger pointing is the plan!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 11:57:40 pm »
Says the guy that tried to pressure the Fed to lower interest rates to zero on his watch
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 12:37:44 am »
He's also said he'd get rates lowered if he was elected again.

That's Trump.  Principles don't matter - whatever is most convenient for him personally at a given moment is all he cares about.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2024, 01:25:38 pm »
Let me guess, the Establishment made Trump to appoint Fed Chair Powell in the first place (Using the typical MAGA excuse)
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2024, 01:35:35 pm »
He's also said he'd get rates lowered if he was elected again.

Which isn’t gonna happen as long as inflation rages.

But the reason why he wants interest rates lowered if he’s elected because he wants to be able to print, borrow, and spend
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2024, 01:36:40 pm »
Let me guess, the Establishment made Trump to appoint Fed Chair Powell in the first place (Using the typical MAGA excuse)

Yep

They’re super secret  advisors and Democrats to say nothing about the RINOs that gave him bad advice because they wanted to hurt his presidency

They’re the same super secret advisors that made him appoint people like Miley to the chairman of the Joint  Chiefs of Staff
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 01:39:25 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2024, 01:42:56 pm »
Yep

They’re super secret  advisors and Democrats to say nothing about the RINOs that gave him bad advice because they wanted to hurt his presidency

They’re the same super secret advisors that made him appoint people like Miley to the chairman of the Joint  Chiefs of Staff

But somehow he is going to defeat the Establishment the 2nd time around. Never mind that Trump's GOP is the Establishment GOP for now.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2024, 01:46:02 pm »

But somehow he is going to defeat the Establishment the 2nd time around. Never mind that Trump's GOP is the Establishment GOP for now.

I don’t have an issue with any Republican that’s part of the so-called establishment as long as they attempt to reduce the size of the federal government and reign in the out of control spending

Trump does neither. Which is the primary reason why I can’t vote for him

Barry Goldwater

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2024, 02:03:05 pm »
I don’t have an issue with any Republican that’s part of the so-called establishment as long as they attempt to reduce the size of the federal government and reign in the out of control spending

Trump does neither. Which is the primary reason why I can’t vote for him

That is my attitude as well. I voted for him twice, but no more.

Online DB

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2024, 02:15:54 pm »
Powell took Trump's strawberries...

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2024, 08:20:00 pm »

That's a great point that too often gets lost in all the raging about "the Establishment".   The core characteristic of any "Establishment" is the desire for stability. That doesn't mean they are against all change.  It's just that they want changes to proceed in a more orderly fashion rather than in a more chaotic fashion, and that they'd prefer the change to be accomplished as quickly as possible so they can get back to stability.

That's why a lot of the GOP establishment will go along with tax reform or other needed reforms as long as they think the votes are there to accomplish it.  That's why they went along with Reagan. That's why they supported Trump's tax cuts. And that's why Mitch McConnell, the ultimate establishment Republican, was willing to go to the mat to keep out Garland and confirm Trump's nominees.  Because they knew they had the votes to win.

But what they are not willing to support are brinksmanship strategies where winning is uncertain, or is dependent on the assumption that the other side will back down.  Establishment Republicans won't support that.  So essentially, Establishment Republicans are good if you have a majority, but much less good if you're in the minority.

Online DB

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2024, 08:31:12 pm »
That's a great point that too often gets lost in all the raging about "the Establishment".   The core characteristic of any "Establishment" is the desire for stability. That doesn't mean they are against all change.  It's just that they want changes to proceed in a more orderly fashion rather than in a more chaotic fashion, and that they'd prefer the change to be accomplished as quickly as possible so they can get back to stability.

That's why a lot of the GOP establishment will go along with tax reform or other needed reforms as long as they think the votes are there to accomplish it.  That's why they went along with Reagan. That's why they supported Trump's tax cuts. And that's why Mitch McConnell, the ultimate establishment Republican, was willing to go to the mat to keep out Garland and confirm Trump's nominees.  Because they knew they had the votes to win.

But what they are not willing to support are brinksmanship strategies where winning is uncertain, or is dependent on the assumption that the other side will back down.  Establishment Republicans won't support that.  So essentially, Establishment Republicans are good if you have a majority, but much less good if you're in the minority.

I think the core characteristic of any "Establishment" is seeking power and wealth and only while they have it seek stability.